Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Which tanking relic is the least awful?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Roles > Tanking
Which tanking relic is the least awful?

mongotee
07.04.2013 , 05:03 PM | #11
Kurtdunn,

Quit playing the victim. You came in being all passive aggressive. Be civil and you will learn alot.

KurtDunn
07.04.2013 , 06:04 PM | #12
He admitted that he behaves in a rude manner, and even self-applies the title 'acerbic jacknape,' a quality that was abundantly clear in his reply. Now its true I should have worded my original post in a most positive and constructive manner, but I am justified in standing up for myself.

And there's nothing passive aggressive about this. I am being clear, direct and concise in what I disapprove of in his behavior, and I am in no way coy in condemning it.

Kitru
07.04.2013 , 07:26 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
I am in no way coy in condemning it.
You said "Shame on you". How is that *not* being coy and self-righteous?

I admit to considering myself a jack-***, but it doesn't stop my behavior from being entirely justified when you start off the conversation as if you actually *know* what you're talking about when you're really utterly wrong. Hell, you explicitly said you did the math and, comically enough, *didn't even get the math right*.

Go back and reread my reply to you and *look* for anything that is explicitly attempting to make you look like an idiot rather than correcting your misinformation. Don't attempt to infer a tone that you don't even know applies. The only insult you'll be able to find is in telling you that you have no clue what you're talking about (once again, entirely true). Just because you felt bad because someone came along and told you outright rather than approaching the fact in a roundabout matter doesn't make that person a bully. Curt, mayhaps, but not a bully in any sense. To qualify as a bully, I'd have to do it to pretty much *everyone* who demonstrates a lack of knowledge. Since I only behave this way to people who puff up their chests and start proclaiming that they know something that's explicitly *wrong*, it's not bullying so much as taking the wind out of the sails of a blowhard. You provoked me by acting as if you *did* know what you were talking about. I simply stepped up and showed you how little you actually knew (and making sure you *knew* how little that was).

I don't hang around the internet (hell, I do that in real life too) and *get off* on telling people they're idiots and explaining exactly *why* they're idiots in that manner. I do it because, unless you correct people, they'll continue to believe that misinformation, and, unless you correct someone who explicitly believes that they *know* what they're talking about in the manner I used (i.e. conversational curbstomping), they'll continue to run around acting like that time and time again.

You're just angry that I made you feel like an idiot and, as such, feel the need to make *me* the villain by calling me a bully rather than simply admitting that you actually *deserved* it.

Also, concerning the length, look at my signature. I'm verbose in nature because I enjoy providing comprehensive answers and exploring multiple aspects of a topic. It has nothing to do with a sense of guilt. I wrote a response that long because I felt that was the length needed to correct you.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

KurtDunn
07.04.2013 , 09:15 PM | #14
Y'know what, I apologize.

I was overly defensive when you insinuated that I didn't know what I was talking about, telling me to do more work before posting on the forum felt like a very strong rebuff and I overreacted.

And I forgive you for your part in this tango. Because ultimately, I'd rather have peace of mind. Happy fourth of July.

throwdownj
07.05.2013 , 10:32 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
You said "Shame on you". How is that *not* being coy and self-righteous?

I admit to considering myself a jack-***, but it doesn't stop my behavior from being entirely justified when you start off the conversation as if you actually *know* what you're talking about when you're really utterly wrong. Hell, you explicitly said you did the math and, comically enough, *didn't even get the math right*.

Go back and reread my reply to you and *look* for anything that is explicitly attempting to make you look like an idiot rather than correcting your misinformation. Don't attempt to infer a tone that you don't even know applies. The only insult you'll be able to find is in telling you that you have no clue what you're talking about (once again, entirely true). Just because you felt bad because someone came along and told you outright rather than approaching the fact in a roundabout matter doesn't make that person a bully. Curt, mayhaps, but not a bully in any sense. To qualify as a bully, I'd have to do it to pretty much *everyone* who demonstrates a lack of knowledge. Since I only behave this way to people who puff up their chests and start proclaiming that they know something that's explicitly *wrong*, it's not bullying so much as taking the wind out of the sails of a blowhard. You provoked me by acting as if you *did* know what you were talking about. I simply stepped up and showed you how little you actually knew (and making sure you *knew* how little that was).

I don't hang around the internet (hell, I do that in real life too) and *get off* on telling people they're idiots and explaining exactly *why* they're idiots in that manner. I do it because, unless you correct people, they'll continue to believe that misinformation, and, unless you correct someone who explicitly believes that they *know* what they're talking about in the manner I used (i.e. conversational curbstomping), they'll continue to run around acting like that time and time again.

You're just angry that I made you feel like an idiot and, as such, feel the need to make *me* the villain by calling me a bully rather than simply admitting that you actually *deserved* it.

Also, concerning the length, look at my signature. I'm verbose in nature because I enjoy providing comprehensive answers and exploring multiple aspects of a topic. It has nothing to do with a sense of guilt. I wrote a response that wrong because I felt that was the length needed to correct you.
Kitru is there anyway you could tell me what word of the day calenders you use? Reading your posts always brings me to dictionary.com and made me realize I need to expand my vocabulary.

Kitru
07.05.2013 , 10:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by throwdownj View Post
Kitru is there anyway you could tell me what word of the day calenders you use? Reading your posts always brings me to dictionary.com and made me realize I need to expand my vocabulary.
I just read. A lot. Years and years and years of reading purely for entertainment value. Plus, I get bored when I'm writing and have to use a non-technical term multiple times. In high school, I had one English teacher who couldn't believe I didn't write with a thesaurus open at my side until the first time we had an in-class essay and a second one who actually took points off of a paper because she had to bring out a dictionary when *grading* said paper to understand some of the word choices I used (none of which *I* thought were difficult to understand and, honestly, more accurately reflected my intent, interpretation, and description of the topic).

Basically, words are boring unless you find the fun ones.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Dominoris
07.09.2013 , 01:18 PM | #17
KurtDunn,
Click on the poster's name on the left side of th post.
Then on the bottom right, click "Add xxxxxxx to your ignore list"

Not only will this make your forum expierence less confontational, with conservative and selective use it will eliminate the number of posts you have to wade through by half and the amount of text on your screen by 90%. And you won't miss a thing. Seriously.
Clones are people two.

Mr_Fuzzle
07.09.2013 , 02:50 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by KurtDunn View Post
You wouldn't have such a massive reply if you didn't think you needed to defend yourself against a legitimate critique of your behavior.

Someone called you out on being a bully. No matter how right you are, that doesn't change that you're trying to demean someone to make yourself feel good.
Out of the year or so I've seen Kitru posting on these forums, all he's ever done is be helpful and explain things. There is a difference between being condescending and stating facts, something that a certain ex-girlfriend of mine didn't understand and something that you don't seem to understand either. He provided legitimate advice and logic as to why your conclusions were wrong and you decided to get defensive and call him a bully. This is entirely illogical and particularly childish.

On to the actual topic of this thread, Kitru is right about the defense proc relic being amazing. It will easily bump up your defense chance by ~5% when it procs which is huge. Ideally, the second relic you'll want as a Guardian is the EWH static defense relic, but if you don't have it, then like Kitru said, the on use Shield/Absorb relic is pretty great. These are mathematically (check Dipstik's thread on these forums) the best relics for Guardian tanks.

On a final note, I very much enjoyed you flaunting your lexicon there Kitru.