Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lol Looks like devs got early start on the weekend.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Lol Looks like devs got early start on the weekend.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mark-JPS
07.03.2013 , 01:46 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Nope! We are still here in the office, although I am pretty eager to get to some grillin'!

Just as a reminder, we said the subscriber appreciation would be *around* the 4th of July, not necessarily on it

-eric
Looks like your definition of 'around' July 4th is AFTER. Usually when people say, 'Oh it will be around Christmas' it's BEFORE. Heh

But knowing Bioware and their hype on things, I wouldn't give too much of hope since we may end up disappointed. They considered fireworks to be an awesome item..... lol

Skodan
07.03.2013 , 01:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Mark-JPS View Post
Looks like your definition of 'around' July 4th is AFTER. Usually when people say, 'Oh it will be around Christmas' it's BEFORE. Heh

But knowing Bioware and their hype on things, I wouldn't give too much of hope since we may end up disappointed. They considered fireworks to be an awesome item..... lol
the day's not over yet
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Avicii
07.03.2013 , 02:20 PM | #23
People will complain about anything and to have the entitlement to think they can "enforce" accountability. This is exactly why they dont release info ahead of time. If they are off on a date or vague or something goes wrong someone complains.

Happy 4th to the SWTOR Team and Staff we appreciate the game you have put forth for use to play and enjoy on the 4th while we dont have to go to work!.

TUXs
07.03.2013 , 02:27 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Avicii View Post
People will complain about anything and to have the entitlement to think they can "enforce" accountability. This is exactly why they dont release info ahead of time. If they are off on a date or vague or something goes wrong someone complains.

Happy 4th to the SWTOR Team and Staff we appreciate the game you have put forth for use to play and enjoy on the 4th while we dont have to go to work!.
If I promise you dinner, and you ask to collect on that promise, are you acting "entitled"? You're lucky to have a job where there's no accountability for anything you say you'll do...not everyone is in that position.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

ZionHalcyon
07.03.2013 , 02:36 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
If I promise you dinner, and you ask to collect on that promise, are you acting "entitled"? You're lucky to have a job where there's no accountability for anything you say you'll do...not everyone is in that position.
Agreed. And can we also stop with this stupid, idiotic notion that just because I am reminding the dev team about what they said and asking for accountability to be in mind with regards to this, that this somehow means I don't appreciate all the work they have done and don't enjoy the game?

I mean seriously, you'd have to have a neandrathal intellect to try to paint such things in extreme black and white.

curtkram
07.03.2013 , 02:41 PM | #26
I understand why some people are upset. they were planning on getting an email that didn't come and all that.

the possibility that the contents of that email are the sort of thing one looks forward to is pretty slim. their history of treating subscribers well is rather dismal. whether we're disappointed today or next week, it's still disappointment. it's not like they're delaying the release of 2 new flashpoints the day before a holiday weekend. that would suck.

ZionHalcyon
07.03.2013 , 02:47 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
I understand why some people are upset. they were planning on getting an email that didn't come and all that.

the possibility that the contents of that email are the sort of thing one looks forward to is pretty slim. their history of treating subscribers well is rather dismal. whether we're disappointed today or next week, it's still disappointment. it's not like they're delaying the release of 2 new flashpoints the day before a holiday weekend. that would suck.
No one is upset...yet.

Whats happening is made a thread as a "friendly reminder" to the dev team in terms of the expectations they themselves made happen with their latest livechat. They work hard to manage our expectations, I thought it only fair to do the same.

Some however have over-reacted to this as some sort of dev flamefest, even though it wasn't. Apparently accountability doesn't agree with some people.

Chesty_Jake
07.03.2013 , 02:55 PM | #28
Awaiting Double XP to be permanent for Subscribers at legacy lvl50.

Been legacy lvl50 for a year with nothing to show for it. WIth 8+ lvl50s it's painful to birth a new toon without dat XP boost

Ya'll should hook us up with this going forward!
www.kickingtotalass.com
Streaming here at twitch.tv/guy_gamer/
Server: The Shadow Lands (Republic, Main: Yørk)
Guild: <The Meatbags> (Republic, originally of Tarro Blood & Corellian Run)

ZionHalcyon
07.03.2013 , 03:07 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Chesty_Jake View Post

Been legacy lvl50 for a year with nothing to show for it. WIth 8+ lvl50s it's painful to birth a new toon without dat XP boost

I thought about that.

Permanent Double XP for subs, and then perhaps triple on double xp weekends - That actually would be one hell of a reward....

Mark-JPS
07.03.2013 , 03:10 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Chesty_Jake View Post

I doubt they will ever give anything to legacy level 50. If they are, they will most likely put it on the cartel market for sale as well. Look at Ewok, it was there for legacy level 40... but guess what, Bioware wants money so here you go, Ewok on the Cartel Market.

I want at some point, Bioware will truly appreciate its subscriber base and those people who actually spent time to level their legacy level