Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you install on a mac?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
How do you install on a mac?

trutherford
12.21.2011 , 10:07 AM | #1
this wont open on my mac book pro. it says microsoft aplications are not supported. what do i do?

Lexcyn
12.21.2011 , 10:10 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by trutherford View Post
this wont open on my mac book pro. it says microsoft aplications are not supported. what do i do?
You stop trolling.

This game only works on Windows.

dewbacca
12.21.2011 , 10:16 AM | #3
I am running it on my Macbook pro. It works OK, not the best for gaming tho. Anyways you have to either run Windows thru bootcamp or parallels. Here's a link you might find helpful.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461
WHAT'S HIGH SCORE MEAN??? IS THAT BAD? DID I BREAK IT?

renegadeimp
12.21.2011 , 10:17 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by dewbacca View Post
I am running it on my Macbook pro. It works OK, not the best for gaming tho. Anyways you have to either run Windows thru bootcamp or parallels. Here's a link you might find helpful.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1461
Only bootcamp. Parallels is not supported.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

dewbacca
12.21.2011 , 10:18 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
Only bootcamp. Parallels is not supported.
Ahh OK. I have only gone thru bootcamp, thanks for the clarification.
WHAT'S HIGH SCORE MEAN??? IS THAT BAD? DID I BREAK IT?

Kadrra
12.21.2011 , 10:32 AM | #6
i am not beeing a troll here .. but the game is not supported on a mac. some people found out ways to get it to work thur a bootcamp windows but bioware will not support the game at all if you are running it on a mac.

and honestly macs are not for games. Good luck tring to get it to work but the best thing you can do is go and get a pc and then you will all good you dont need much to run the game. just make sure you get a ok vid card a nvidia 400 series or better.

BambooCactus
12.21.2011 , 10:38 AM | #7
Yeahh... just gonna throw my 2 cents in here and hopefully close the issue by saying the game runs beautifully with all graphics cranked up to 11 on my late 2010 iMac, Windows 7 x64 running on a Boot Camp partition. No issues whatsoever.

Wahooo
12.21.2011 , 10:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadrra View Post
but the game is not supported on a mac. some people found out ways to get it to work thur a bootcamp windows but bioware will not support the game at all if you are running it on a mac.
You don't know what bootcamp is do you?

Runs fine on my MBP with bootcamp. Some drops in FPS in some busy areas but other than that I'm pleased with how it runs considering it is a laptop.
≣≣▨▨▨▨◦◚{████████████████████████████████)

Illorien
12.21.2011 , 10:59 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BambooCactus View Post
Yeahh... just gonna throw my 2 cents in here and hopefully close the issue by saying the game runs beautifully with all graphics cranked up to 11 on my late 2010 iMac, Windows 7 x64 running on a Boot Camp partition. No issues whatsoever.
So i see that goes to eleven.
Proud Decemberite

rbickel
12.21.2011 , 11:02 AM | #10
Hey Wahoo, you runinng any sort of 3rd party fan control on your MBP when boot camping? Last time I was playing with Boot camp (like a year ago) noticed that Windows wouldnt ramp my fans up, so had to use a 3rd party application to control my fans. In the end I just abandoned it and stayed with my desktop for gaming, but always nice to have something when your on the road.
[DARK] iKenn
SWG-Corbantis
| Dark Legion | Dark Legion's Home Site
PVP, Republic, US-EST | Mission Statement
~Strength through Unity | Established 1998