Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Domino Effect and the Pyrotech

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Domino Effect and the Pyrotech

mulzii
07.03.2013 , 10:33 AM | #21
while i agree about the pt nerf affecting the current healing state, people tend to forget that it wasnt exactly pleasurable to be destroyed within 2-3 gcds by the pt in those days either. and the qq threads about that was epic as well. Making one class OP to counter another OP class, leaving the other 6 classes to flounder is not exactly the best balance either.

carnage is in the same boat. the attacks are no longer fluid with some filler needed now, and the crit nerf is felt, though they were a bit op in the pre 2.0 days as well.

jugg veng tree is in a nice spot. I wish they take a look at that sort of balance, and apply similar creativity and skill cohesiviness to the pryo/carnage/scrapper trees to balance them out and make them more fun and effective.

Zunayson
07.03.2013 , 10:34 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
If you have enough Focus/Rage to spam it that it is. The change to Zen was awful for Combat/Carnage
The lack of resource is what makes it bursty. Because you can't sustain mediocre massacre hits IN ADDITION to the fantastic (but RNG dependent) single target burst.

AP has lots and lots of heat to use, vigilance has lots of focus, etc.

Rage, on the other hand, is loaded with rage AND has some decent big hits. Not to mention stupidly easy to play. I can't tell if rage is sustained or if it's burst (People say it's good for pvp).

Vigilance is SUSTAINED. Not burst. It was made slightly more bursty and slightly less sustained with the longer cooldown on plasma brand, which absolutely ****ed up the entire rotation imo.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uber_the_Goober View Post
Bioware couldn't balance a sheet of plywood if it were laying [sic] on the ground.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

KhalDrogoe
07.03.2013 , 11:18 AM | #23
Don't forget the effect it had on the Mercenary Pyro spec!

Their nerfs were more detrimental to the mercenaries than to the powertechs. Merc Pyro dps can be countered by cleanse ability, even with it having an 8 sec CD.

Merc Pyro used to be the heartier build, but that was given to Arsenal (Rebounder) and now the x2 no cast time CD. Now if you go in as a Merc Pyro, you have a death wish. (Not to mention the added Accuracy you have to spec because of all your white damage)

There is no benefit to being Pyro. Lackluster DPS, additional gearing req, and lower survivability = terrible spec

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

Smuglebunny
07.03.2013 , 11:19 AM | #24
My PT is lvl 14 so cant say too much there.

But my Combat Sentinel is melting faces without difficulties. I don't feel the zen nerf. I have enough focus, MOST of the time. The dispatch and Precision slash reset is useful frequently. I felt that before 2.0 I was stunned or rooted 85% of the match and couldn't do anything. But now Its crazy burst on demand and I can move. Not to mention I can have enhanced trans up almost the WHOLE match. Makes a big difference in WZ's.

The quad nerf on PT/vans seems excessive though.

TonyDragonflame
07.03.2013 , 11:48 AM | #25
Dps powertechs and dps operatives are broken. They both need significant buff.

And cuz both dps are dots-based, like annihilation maras and madness sorcs/sins, their buff must be simply: their dots must heal them for some amoiunt of hp. Thus increased their survivability, and more survivability = less deaths = more damage.
Referral link!
Guardian vr 100 | Sentinel vr 94 | Scoundrel vr 91 | Vanguard vr 91 | Shadow v 85 | Guns v 75
Manhunter 140+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

LaVall
07.03.2013 , 12:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
The roll isn't the main issue with op healers. The skill itself maybe a problem. But the main reason Ops are op is they have no resource management requirements and healing in general is over tuned.. Add in all there escapes and mobility and you have an op class.
Anybody who plays an Op/Scoundrel healer would agree with this. I can almost take diagnostic scan off my keybindings since I never need to use it anymore to recover energy. If the roll existed prior to 2.0 we'd rarely be able to use it due to the energy cost.
Ardevall - 55 Combat Sentinel
Lamissa - 55 Arsenal Mercenary
Nyemrite - 55 Madness Sorcerer
Ultanum - 55 Vengeance Juggernaut

Seengularity
07.03.2013 , 01:31 PM | #27
Suggesting that healers can heal by this much now because PTs are not there to keep them in check is nuts. I'm no PT guru, but in the bastion, I see several PTs that consistently put up equal dmg numbers to all other classes at the end of WZs... it just leads me to believe that PT's skill requirement was up'd post 2.0 and it's no longer easy mode, as in: PTs now have to put some thought into what they're doing. If these PTs (several names come to mind) can match most classes numbers, why can't you?

Op healing is a bit too much right now, and Sorcerer/Sage is by far the best AC in SWTOR.

Boch
07.03.2013 , 01:35 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post
Suggesting that healers can heal by this much now because PTs are not there to keep them in check is nuts. I'm no PT guru, but in the bastion, I see several PTs that consistently put up equal dmg numbers to all other classes at the end of WZs... it just leads me to believe that PT's skill requirement was up'd post 2.0 and it's no longer easy mode, as in: PTs now have to put some thought into what they're doing. If these PTs (several names come to mind) can match most classes numbers, why can't you?

Op healing is a bit too much right now, and Sorcerer/Sage is by far the best AC in SWTOR.
Pts put up fluff damage, they put **** dots on people. What they are talking about is burst damage not weak aoe dots. Pts burst damage got raped. Burst damage is what kills in PvP.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

Brunner_Venda
07.03.2013 , 01:46 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Seengularity View Post

Lets be honest. My PT frequently tops the charts.

My powertech only does really good because so many people are really bad. I'm a mediocre player that understands and plays the objectives.

I have no defensive CD's in the spec outside of the class shield, and I only do that kind of damage because healers keep me propped up way longer than I should be.

Damage numbers do not mean that pyrotechs are viable. We are not.

Seengularity
07.03.2013 , 02:00 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Boch View Post
Pts put up fluff damage, they put **** dots on people. What they are talking about is burst damage not weak aoe dots. Pts burst damage got raped. Burst damage is what kills in PvP.
I see what you mean. Think of this: Pre 2.0 burst, with heavy armor, with 30k HP, with shield, with hydraulic overrides etc... ? why play anything else than PT? The meta game changed for PTs post 2.0 but some of them still cling to the past. The good ones already adapted and are still a force to be reckoned with.

There's no heavy armor class in the game that has any over the top burst (it wouldn't be fair!). The only one that comes closer to that (shien), is 4m range and has clear drawbacks. Commandos/Mercs were just resurrected, but they will be brought in line soon enough (they're just getting a break for now, in retribution for all these months of suck)

Shed pieces of armor (re-roll) for higher burst, but be ready to deal with the shortcomings lighter (Med/Light) armor brings with it.