Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

Slouchggold
08.09.2013 , 05:06 PM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by M_o_s_e_s View Post
Hey got a quick question for you guys getting a chance here to get a Kell relic next time around and was wondering if I should go with one of the 2 either Serp or BA , or is there a better option now that they have implemented the fact you can use DMG proc relics ? I dont want to buy one til I get a response from you guys considering I know you guys are probably crunching the numbers on them already. I can't seem to find a decent answer though as of yet. Thanks in advance guys.
I would assume Serendipitous Assault would be one of the two BiS relics, so if you're only getting one, I would pick that one up first.
Catalyst @ Prophecy of the Five
Calsnipes-MM PvE/ Leth PvP sniper
Calheals-Bodyguard Mercenary
Caldoom-Deception Assassin

M_o_s_e_s
08.09.2013 , 08:14 PM | #72
Its not a question of which one of those two I should get more so the question is " Is there a new combination of relics that is considered BiS as of the new update " ? I currently have UW - Serp and BA. Sorry if the question wasn't stated correctly or clear enough :/
Exit Area - Sesom Mega-Man - Death N Taxes
Parsely | Starparse | Parsec
Tco's Live Stream Twitch @ JC // Harb // PoT5 // SL

lorddahl
08.10.2013 , 02:58 PM | #73
heres a parse you guys can look at 36-3-7
http://www.torparse.com/a/376340/tim...920/0/Overview
Provectus REVANCHIST
5/5 8 MAN HM RAV - 5/5 8 MAN HM TOS
4/5 16 MAN HM RAV - 5/5 16 MAN HM TOS
(ULTRADAHL) (AND OTHER DAHLS)

IsapientiaI
08.11.2013 , 03:59 PM | #74
i have a lot of fun with 36/3/7, there's just one thing i would like an adive on:
at which point in the opener should i use my detaunt?

Ausgelebt
08.11.2013 , 08:24 PM | #75
http://www.torparse.com/a/367302/tim...8983/0/Damage+

gunslinger

http://www.torparse.com/a/288190/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

sniper

compare average skill damages.

Is this supposed to be like that because I experience the exact same problem.

After reading this guide I lvled a gunslinger, and I can't get over 2700(that is without clickrelic) when I look up my parses I have 8-14% miss..

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/gz9n..._10_216943.jpg

these are my gunslinger's stats, missing power click relic and I only have the 510 AP proc..

rotation is XS>Aimed Shot>Trick Shot>Flourish Shot>Speed Shot>Trick Shoot>Speed Shot>Trick Shot>Vital Shot>Charged Burst>Charged Burst>Trick Shot>Aimed Shot>Trick Shot

and so on. XS on CD. I am using the 2pve2pvp set bonus and I leave out Sabotage Charge because I get into energy problems when I use it but since it only does about 50dps it won't put me from 3k to 2,7k..

here is a parse where I messed up a bit inbetween.. without click relic and adrenal

http://www.torparse.com/a/380461

I even miss on the dummy sometimes when I put illegal mods on.. which would put me to 139,65% accuracy..

greg_biochem
08.12.2013 , 12:33 AM | #76
Quote: Originally Posted by Ausgelebt View Post

compare average skill damages.

Is this supposed to be like that because I experience the exact same problem.

After reading this guide I lvled a gunslinger, and I can't get over 2700(that is without clickrelic) when I look up my parses I have 8-14% miss..
The Gunslinger's off-hand (reduced damage and chance-to-hit) is responsible for the lower average skill damage and hit% relative to our Sniper counterparts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When trying to compare DPS numbers from different dummy parses, I find it most useful to make sure they are cropped to the same time (I usually cut each to 300 seconds), then look at the # of hits with each ability, as well as APM.

Beyond that, parses will vary significantly depending on gear level and crit percentages (RNG).

I'm not sure what kind of gear was used in Claimed or B'oarder's parses, so I'll link one of my own, cropped to 300 seconds, in which I had full 72 gear (3148 DPS):
http://www.torparse.com/a/377183/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Full Stats:
Spoiler

The rotation I used was as close to perfect as I've seen, and if you crop any of the other top SS/MM parses to 300 seconds, you should see a very similar # of hits for abilities. The only difference you might see is rotational, and will involve the # of hits with Vital Shot and XS Freighter Flyby. I delay the 2nd Flyby in order to pair it with Burst Volley, which allows me to use Vital Shot a lot more than if I simply kept Flyby on cooldown (I've found this change to be a significant DPS increase for the 36/3/7 spec).

Also, keep in mind that most of the parses posted on these forums have lucky crit percentages. If you notice that your parse doesn't have 30%+ overall crit, don't worry, that's normal - and take that into consideration when comparing yourself to the top parsers.
Server: The Ebon Hawk
Red'october - Gunslinger

Lanja
08.12.2013 , 01:55 PM | #77
With my Sentinel, Seer and Commando at 55, I'm dusting off my Gunslinger, but a lot seems to have changed since I parked him on fleet. Currently he's level 12 with 3/3 Streetwise, so essentially he's a blank slate. I've been reading up on this 36/3/7 build, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around putting 2pts in Alacrity and 3pts in Critical when currently neither stat seems to be worth having. Is 2/2 Mortal Wound for Vial Shot so essential to our overall dps output as to outweigh the combination of 2/2 Bravado for energy management, 2/2 Cool Under Pressure for self-heals in cover (i.e. darned near always) and Independent Anarchy for a 15% damage boost to SC, TG, SG and XS? I guess the answer is "yes", but I'd love to get a better sense of why the trade-offs make sense before I start leveling up.

MasterGladius
08.12.2013 , 02:15 PM | #78
The reason why you don't invest any gear toward crit or alacrity isn't because they aren't valuable. The fact is, the returns on the gear's itemization is so small that the points are better put into Accuracy, Surge, and Power. Even so, the talent trees essentially give you free boosts.

Mrpluc
08.21.2013 , 11:44 AM | #79
Hi guys !

I just got my Kell dragon relic token but i got a bad surprise at the vendor !

I was about to buy the internal tech dmg proc relic but surprise !! It doesnt exist anymore !!
It must be a bug or an error from bioware cause there is 3 force relic and only 1 tech witch is the armor pen one !!

So is anyone of you can help me understand that ? Should i bought the armor pen tech relic even if Its not optimal for a ss gunslinger/mm sniper ?

paowee
08.21.2013 , 12:07 PM | #80
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrpluc View Post
Hi guys !

I just got my Kell dragon relic token but i got a bad surprise at the vendor !

I was about to buy the internal tech dmg proc relic but surprise !! It doesnt exist anymore !!
It must be a bug or an error from bioware cause there is 3 force relic and only 1 tech witch is the armor pen one !!

So is anyone of you can help me understand that ? Should i bought the armor pen tech relic even if Its not optimal for a ss gunslinger/mm sniper ?
Get the SA and/or BA! I will probably get SA for my first relic just for better QoL (no clicking, just equip it and forget about it). lol
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records