Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

paowee
07.07.2013 , 11:45 AM | #21
Yep looks good.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
07.07.2013 , 02:03 PM | #22
Falver this is a very good 3100 parse as 36/3/7. Your log is 5m14 seconds whereas mine was 6minutes 30~ seconds but when i cropped mine to 5m14 seconds, you have 2 more Snipes, 1 more SoS and you only used Rifle Shot once. Good way to min-max . I will probably parse again but will only post it once KD gear is out. You are pretty much all set as far as the rotation goes.

You had:
3 more Vital Shots
1 more Speed Shots
2 more Charged Bursts
14 less Flurry of Bolts (lol)

ZiggyTank
07.08.2013 , 01:31 AM | #23
Does the rotation change priorities once the target hits 30%? Or just try to time Quickdraw to Reset Trick Shot asap?
Train constantly, train repetitively. You must learn this, appreciate this.
Miyamoto Musashi, Go Rin No Sho

SamuelAU
07.08.2013 , 02:25 AM | #24
Edited the original post to include more parses; it's great to see players being able to pull out >3k DPS with 36/3/7.

Finally got another chance to go back into NiM TFB yesterday, and it's clear how much priorities and your rotation changes in actual fights. XS Freighter Flyby should be used exclusively on Twisted Spawn in TWH, especially with a commando and gunslinger providing the only AoE, which means your rotation changes slightly for the boss.

XS Freighter Flyby is a little bit iffy in Dread Guards, especially with all the movement in Phase 2 and 3, and in Phase 1 the incidental AoE damage to Ciphas and Kel'sara buffs their damage output. I feel confident about being able to put out better numbers once I become more comfortable with the mechanics and rotation changes required for each fight.

On the topic of Diversion which I touched on briefly the other day, I found myself religiously throwing it onto the Jealous Male in TWH. Running that fight with a shadow tank, anything you can do to lighten the healing requirement and reduce spike damage is worthwhile. When you use Diversion and Pacify (from a sentinel) one after the other you're basically throwing another cooldown the tank's way.

Final note, energy management is fine unless you get a bit too overzealous with your AoE; I quickly discovered XS Freighter Flyby, Thermal Grenade and Sweeping Gunfire in quick succession will empty the tank within 2 GCDs.
Quote: Originally Posted by ZiggyTank View Post
Does the rotation change priorities once the target hits 30%? Or just try to time Quickdraw to Reset Trick Shot asap?
When you're <30% QD takes #1 priority for proccing TS, above even SS. Reasons are outlined close to the end of the original post.
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

vdbswong
07.08.2013 , 09:28 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by ZiggyTank View Post
I saw that post, but it looks like the gearing is the same across all builds for each tree. Is that right? What specs would you recommend for each fight in TfB and S&V to eek out the most dps?

For HM TfB I was thinking of going...
1) Hybrid
2) Hybrid
3) Sharpshooter
4) Hybrid
5) Sharpshooter
Maybe not the most DPS, but our Gunslinger respecs to Hybrid for Operator.

This is because we have him on Console duty during the Yellow phase and he DoTs up the last core at the very end of Purple phase and then starts channeling.

With 3 high duration DoTs, he's able to contribute a nice amount to the Core so it makes it easier for us to hit the timer.

namesaretough
07.08.2013 , 10:10 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by SamuelAU View Post

XS Freighter Flyby is a little bit iffy in Dread Guards, especially with all the movement in Phase 2 and 3, and in Phase 1 the incidental AoE damage to Ciphas and Kel'sara buffs their damage output. I feel confident about being able to put out better numbers once I become more comfortable with the mechanics and rotation changes required for each fight.
If you have a good handle on the size of the AOE from flyby, you can drop it to the side of the bosses in phase 1 so it only hits Heirad (behind the bosses on the pull, further uses depend on exactly where your tanks keep the bosses), but misplacing it is going to make the tanks take a fair amount more damage, so be careful. In Phase 2, the best time I've found to flyby is immediately after Ciphas strangles someone, especially if your tanks move to him when they swap instead of pulling him around the room.
Smugglin

paowee
07.08.2013 , 11:06 AM | #27
DG Council OS/Flyby we use it on these instances:

p1
opener on the boss
after Ciphas' choke
during lightning surge (as soon as he Heirad channels)

p2
after choke

p3
sometimes on adds (single target the caster first then orbital the other 2 if possible; i think there is an extra mechanic here that i forgot. something about the adds using their overload if you AoE them down...)
after force leech or after green laser beam

paowee
07.08.2013 , 11:08 AM | #28
Sam you forgot Claimed's new 3100 http://www.torparse.com/a/326841/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

SamuelAU
07.08.2013 , 11:01 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
Sam you forgot Claimed's new 3100 http://www.torparse.com/a/326841/tim...0/Damage+Dealt
Fixed.
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
DG Council OS/Flyby we use it on these instances:

p1
opener on the boss
after Ciphas' choke
during lightning surge (as soon as he Heirad channels)

p2
after choke

p3
sometimes on adds (single target the caster first then orbital the other 2 if possible; i think there is an extra mechanic here that i forgot. something about the adds using their overload if you AoE them down...)
after force leech or after green laser beam
Thanks for that, the only time I was using it was for the opener. I'll have to give it a crack when I get in there again.
Gomerik // Lumbridge
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

lazerxxx
07.09.2013 , 01:36 AM | #30
What is the benefit of the hybrid spec and whats up with the 79 points in alacrity? awesome thread btw!