Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Smuggler > Gunslinger
36/3/7 Sharpshooter Guide [UPDATED]

paowee
07.05.2013 , 01:10 PM | #11
On the topic of 36/3/7 Board, I found that from 36/8/2 I had a dps increase [ coming from 36/8/2 to 36/3/7 ] from about 2950 averaged to 3050~3090 averaged but I don't know why I'm so energy starved. o_o

Hey, yep, that's exactly my previous spec( 36/8/2 ), about DPS increase... I can say it's like 100 DPS, comparing my best parses and it's really nice Corrosive Dart is powerful with double tick

Nithnuro - Sniper - Marksman 36/3/7 - 3060.3
http://www.torparse.com/a/322932/1/0/Overview

Claimed - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter - 36/3/7 - 3078 DPS
http://www.torparse.com/a/323993/tim...990/0/Overview

Rhuarc - Gunslinger - Sharpshooter 36/3/7 - 3074.57
http://www.torparse.com/a/323824/tim...921/0/Overview
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Slouchggold
07.05.2013 , 10:32 PM | #12
Gotta say, AWESOME guide, for some reason the thought of picking up 7 points in leth never crossed my mind. Definitely noticed a DPS increase when I used CD (VS?) approriately
Catalyst @ Prophecy of the Five
Calsnipes-MM PvE/ Leth PvP sniper
Calheals-Bodyguard Mercenary
Caldoom-Deception Assassin

paowee
07.06.2013 , 02:13 AM | #13
ROTATION SPREADSHEET
- created by Roovin

What Is This?
This is an excel file that I've slowly been putting together that will break down your parses on the dummy and with that information you can better understand what you need to improve on in your rotation. It will also give you expected crit versus what you actually got on a parse to determine if your parse was "lucky" or not. Furthermore, it will compare your 36/3/7 MM parse against the current highest parse in that spec.

How Do I Use This?
  1. Click on the link below and click "Download Original" in the upper right of the page. I created this in Office 2010 so I'm not sure if it will work in Office 2003 or Office 2013, also Google Docs does not give me the ability to format certain things correctly so that is why I didn't make it there.
  2. Open the .xlsx file and click "Enable Editing" if that shows up.
  3. Open up your parse and start inputting the information about your parse in cells C3-C11.
  4. Enter in your total parse length in seconds in cell D13.
  5. To find the total amount of times you cast Orbital Strike simply divide the hits of Orbital Strike by 4. This spreadsheet assumes that you are using the 2 piece PvP bonus.
  6. To find out the total amount of times you cast Corrosive Dart, go to the "log" section of your Torparse and search (CTRL-F) "Activates Corrosive".
  7. To find out the total amount of times you cast Series of Shots just divide the total amount of hits by 4. I am going to trust that you guys wont clip this one, but if you do use the same process as CD.
  8. Enter in the total amount of Corrosive Dart (Poisoned (Tech)) hits in cell F12.
  9. Enter in your characters overall crit percentage in cell F3.
  10. Enter in your actual crit % from the parse in cell G9.
  11. Enter in the actual crit from all abilities in cells E26-E34.
File is at the bottom of the original post

diadox
07.06.2013 , 02:27 AM | #14
Very nice! Will definitely check the spreadsheet out.

Edit: And of course nice work on the guide as a whole, both of you.
Rhuarc

The Red Eclipse

vdbswong
07.06.2013 , 10:05 AM | #15
Firstly, thanks for the guide... i enjoyed Sab for a while, but whilst it was a technically fun spec to play, i found in a Ops i couldn't keep focus on reapplying all the DoTs, keeping stacks of Blazing Speed and coordinating my Roll-in-Place.

Anyhow, back to SS for the stress free rotation and i'm liking it even more.

However, energy management has always been my issue and i've started to improve on that now with the discussion of how to best manage energy (those minimum energy limits really helped).

Although i'm still a bit puzzled as to why Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the preferred method?

I've personally found that Speed -> Trick -> BV -> Speed -> Flyby -> Trick to be a lot better for energy management? Or is there a reason why this isn't favourable?

paowee
07.06.2013 , 12:50 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by vdbswong View Post
Firstly, thanks for the guide... i enjoyed Sab for a while, but whilst it was a technically fun spec to play, i found in a Ops i couldn't keep focus on reapplying all the DoTs, keeping stacks of Blazing Speed and coordinating my Roll-in-Place.

Anyhow, back to SS for the stress free rotation and i'm liking it even more.

However, energy management has always been my issue and i've started to improve on that now with the discussion of how to best manage energy (those minimum energy limits really helped).

Although i'm still a bit puzzled as to why Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the preferred method?

I've personally found that Speed -> Trick -> BV -> Speed -> Flyby -> Trick to be a lot better for energy management? Or is there a reason why this isn't favourable?
The main focus of the BV rotation in that video is that it allows 2-3 VS to be added easily in between your Trickshots.

You could try your rotation rotation though to see if it allows 2-3 VS still, but i just find that with this opener shown in the video 0:22, the timers never align for a SS > TS > BV > SS > Flyby. Probably because the opener begins with Flyby and you use BV afterwards. You could definitely try it though you will have to delay your Flyby while waiting for BV to come back up.

vdbswong
07.06.2013 , 01:31 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
The main focus of the BV rotation in that video is that it allows 2-3 VS to be added easily in between your Trickshots.

You could try your rotation rotation though to see if it allows 2-3 VS still, but i just find that with this opener shown in the video 0:22, the timers never align for a SS > TS > BV > SS > Flyby. Probably because the opener begins with Flyby and you use BV afterwards. You could definitely try it though you will have to delay your Flyby while waiting for BV to come back up.
Yeah, i delay my Flyby by a few seconds so the order lines up BV -> Flyby.

I agree that for an opener Flyby -> Aimed Shot is the best choice, simply because you frontload the damage and effectively remove the cast time for both.

However during the main rotation phase, i found that getting the 90 Energy required for Flyby -> Aimed Shot meant I'd have to throw in a Flurry since i'm normally sat around the 80 Energy mark... the SS -> TS -> BV -> SS -> XS -> TS rotation meant i didn't need to conserve like that.

Maintenance of Vital Shot seems to be alright, but i'm not as experienced as you guys are with the ins and out of energy management so i may be missing out on more than i think.

I'll keep working on it though.

EDIT:

One thing i have noticed though... it's not exactly clear when i should pop Illegal Mods... if you do it on the first SS, so you hit 2 SSs in a row, you waste part of its duration on your Flyby... if you wait till after the Flyby, you're not taking advantage of having the 2 SSs in a row.

ZiggyTank
07.06.2013 , 11:14 PM | #18
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand you want 0 crit rating. Is that right? Not even a little bit?

Further, what relics do you commend using as I currently don't think there's a proper dmg proc relic for us so I'm thinking a BA + SA combo?
NSeven Republic Guild Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Thread | Website

paowee
07.07.2013 , 01:21 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by ZiggyTank View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I understand you want 0 crit rating. Is that right? Not even a little bit?

Further, what relics do you commend using as I currently don't think there's a proper dmg proc relic for us so I'm thinking a BA + SA combo?
I desist to this guy for optimal stat builds

Cunning 3360
Power 1423
Aim 155
Accuracy Rating 395
Surge Rating 316
Crit rating 0
Alacrity rating 79
max main-hand basic weapon dmg 830
max off-hand basic weapon dmg 813

but i myself am running 1 keen mod for a total of 52 crit rating, 99.71% acc and 71% surge. Using UW BA and UW SA as well.

ZiggyTank
07.07.2013 , 09:19 AM | #20
I saw that post, but it looks like the gearing is the same across all builds for each tree. Is that right? What specs would you recommend for each fight in TfB and S&V to eek out the most dps?

For HM TfB I was thinking of going...
1) Hybrid
2) Hybrid
3) Sharpshooter
4) Hybrid
5) Sharpshooter

S&V I was thinking of
1) Saboteur
2) Sharpshooter
3) Sharpshooter (add duty) / Hybrid (if I get to stay on the boss)
4) Sharpshooter
5) Sharpshooter
6) Sharpshooter
7) Sharpshooter
NSeven Republic Guild Recruitment Officer
Recruitment Thread | Website