Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nerf Smash/Sweep

Jarfunkz
07.03.2013 , 11:12 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
avoid it?

for all intents and purposes, Smash is a 30m auto-crit instant AOE.

you can avoid being hit from a Smash target at a teammate, but if a warrior/knight wants to smash you, (s)hes gonna smash you.

personally, id like to see the autocrit mechanic changed. either make it a debuff on the target (single target Autocrit, aoe regular crit chance) or make the mechanic slightly more engaging. like have force choke/stasis proc the autocrit.
I'd say just flat out get rid of it, 100% crit with that low of a cd is tarded. You can't do this unless you nerf healing. Sure healing may be on par with dps parsing wise, but what about when we incorporate taunts and guard? Simple solution, taunts now effect healing as well. Now just sure up the damage than sniper/gs, sorc can do and you have a much closer balanced game.
VicVega

Boch
07.03.2013 , 11:17 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarfunkz View Post
I'd say just flat out get rid of it, 100% crit with that low of a cd is tarded. You can't do this unless you nerf healing. Sure healing may be on par with dps parsing wise, but what about when we incorporate taunts and guard? Simple solution, taunts now effect healing as well. Now just sure up the damage than sniper/gs, sorc can do and you have a much closer balanced game.
Healing is not on par with DPS, its about 50% over if not more.
Konts of <Ascension>
Rolling with a pocket guard since 2.0.

znihilist
07.03.2013 , 11:19 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
avoid it?

for all intents and purposes, Smash is a 30m auto-crit instant AOE.

you can avoid being hit from a Smash target at a teammate, but if a warrior/knight wants to smash you, (s)hes gonna smash you.

personally, id like to see the autocrit mechanic changed. either make it a debuff on the target (single target Autocrit, aoe regular crit chance) or make the mechanic slightly more engaging. like have force choke/stasis proc the autocrit.
For Zeus/Odin/God/Allah's sake please explain to me how can you counteract stacking (and stacking ranged characters) if you alter/nerf smash ?
You can yell "nerf smash" without offering an alternative to the stacking strategy.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

TonyDragonflame
07.03.2013 , 11:38 AM | #24
Only smash focusing atm can kill duet healer + tank... nerf smash and there will be warzones with 0 kills, if 2-3 healers on each side.

KhalDrogoe
07.03.2013 , 11:42 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
For Zeus/Odin/God/Allah's sake please explain to me how can you contract stacking (and stacking ranged characters) if you alter/nerf smash ?
You can yell "nerf smash" without offering an alternative to the stacking strategy.
The Autocrit to everyone is the issue. If Mercs had a skill that was auto crit...

Iraq-Lobster, Wakwa, The Marshmallow Legacy POT5
Bloobies - JC

ToMyMa
07.03.2013 , 11:46 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by fleshtaker View Post
hahaha trying to avoid the nerf bat nice try troll

scoundrel/operative heals will be nerfed soon don't worry then you can come back to the forums crying and threatening to drop ya sub ect.
will wait to see your tears
I bet'cha the next nerf will be completely wrong, like nerfing vannies and underpowertechs again... And buffing sweep (yet again... )

znihilist
07.03.2013 , 11:51 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
The Autocrit to everyone is the issue. If Mercs had a skill that was auto crit...
Why would it be an issue ? The auto-crit is to make the damage unavoidable and massive (I wouldn't call it massive by 2.0 standards).
Smash must stay to make sure there is a tiny bit of balance in this game.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

Vant
07.03.2013 , 12:08 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by KhalDrogoe View Post
All classes get 1 or 2 things they are really good at. Some tip the scales too much, for instance, Operative Healers.

K_osss
07.03.2013 , 12:11 PM | #29
Yeah the post 2.0 damage/health ratio compared to the pre 2.0 damage/health brings it in line with many other class crits after they saw buffs in 2.0. I play a gunnery commando, defense guardian, and focus sentinel and my commando has comparable burst to my sentinel.

szczypaczek
07.03.2013 , 12:40 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Why would it be an issue ? The auto-crit is to make the damage unavoidable and massive (I wouldn't call it massive by 2.0 standards).
Smash must stay to make sure there is a tiny bit of balance in this game.
i Love how you ppl try hard to explain opnes of your class xD

I mean Smash is too powerfull, but maybe not in terms of numbers, but it's too easy to set it up, make this spec more difficult to play or smt?
Like the OP healers, nerf the non existant energy cost on their hot and things should be fine
irn-ldy / commando