Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The Kaggath Returns!


Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 02:40 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
How does a Kaggath work WITH OUT navy.... in short how is a naval force optional if I don't pick one do I still have one..... where does it come from what is it made of....... If I choose a Major ground force I assume I get no Minor ones yes? Do I require the planet the Major or the minor ones come from? If I choose a Naval Force what do I lose?


Edit: you awnsered the question on Hapes. honestly I like that awnser and I can see where its coming from.
If you didn't choose a Navy, and say had the Hapes Consortium as your supplier - you could have them produce Hapes Fleets for you in-battle. Or if your supplier was MandalMotors, you could have them provide you with any naval units you may need. The difference being they would have to be manufactured first, but the benefits being you become more mobile and less targetable. The purpose their was just to accommodate for all different kinds of combatants e.g. G0-T0 doesn't have a fleet, but he can build freighters etc. if he needs them.

There is probably not that much point as choosing a Naval Force has not real disadvantages but I like to keep it as flexible as possible and have the option open for people *shrug*

And yes, if you were to choose a Major Ground Force e.g the Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders, you could not choose another Ground Force. You only need a planet for Minor Forces. E.g. Mandalorian Neo-Crusaders come from all over the place, as do most major armies, so you wouldn't need a planet, but if you wanted say Death Watch (a Minor Ground Force), which are specifically tied to Concordia, you'd need that planet. That clause is for realism if anything.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 02:41 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
If we can have full-scale navies, should I switch my current Naval Force?
Well its up to you really. On one hand your current naval force gives you access to Naval Forces which would otherwise be banned, but at the cost of size. I suppose its a question of quality over quantity, your call.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 02:43 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Well its up to you really. On one hand your current naval force gives you access to Naval Forces which would otherwise be banned, but at the cost of size. I suppose its a question of quality over quantity, your call.
I'll keep it.

"The more challenging, the better."
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.02.2013 , 02:46 PM | #24
Ok with all these questions being awnsered I do believe I am getting close to having a team set up and ready to go will PM you soon once its all worked out.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 02:53 PM | #25
I have a question regarding excluded characters. For the purpose of a reasoned debate, should character with little information, or characters that are flame-centric, be excluded?
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
07.02.2013 , 03:00 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I have a question regarding excluded characters. For the purpose of a reasoned debate, should character with little information, or characters that are flame-centric, be excluded?
Characters with little information will be excluded, though I doubt that should prove an issue for that very reason. I won't pose any restraints on 'flame-centric' characters though. Revan for one didn't pose many problems in the Kaggath, likely largely because his Force powers were not the main issue.

And Revan in particular would make a good addition to any team, given his charismatic and intelligent mind.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 03:10 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Characters with little information will be excluded, though I doubt that should prove an issue for that very reason. I won't pose any restraints on 'flame-centric' characters though. Revan for one didn't pose many problems in the Kaggath, likely largely because his Force powers were not the main issue.

And Revan in particular would make a good addition to any team, given his charismatic and intelligent mind.
You know what? It's fine. I don't care.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

StarSquirrel's Avatar


StarSquirrel
07.02.2013 , 03:15 PM | #28
I have a question. As this is a Kaggath, is our Head of State the leader that can be soloed to end the match (killing the leader is often how more cunning/smaller forces tend to win.) or can we chose which of our leaders gets that honor?

My question is because if someone picked say, Chief of State Leia Organa Solo, she would be easier to assassinate than say, Darth Traya.
Zey: "Kal, you know that the Sith are bad news. They're evil. They've always been the cause of endless war and carnage across the galaxy."
Skirata: "Oh, that's a good one. 'My decapitations are more morally valid than your decapitations.' Only difference I can see is that they plan to end up with trillions dead, and you do-gooders manage it by accident."

tunewalker's Avatar


tunewalker
07.02.2013 , 03:16 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by StarSquirrel View Post
I have a question. As this is a Kaggath, is our Head of State the leader that can be soloed to end the match (killing the leader is often how more cunning/smaller forces tend to win.) or can we chose which of our leaders gets that honor?

My question is because if someone picked say, Chief of State Leia Organa Solo, she would be easier to assassinate than say, Darth Traya.
I always assumed that's why we had a second in command if they wanted to off us they had to take out both of them not just one.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
07.02.2013 , 03:18 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by tunewalker View Post
I always assumed that's why we had a second in command if they wanted to off us they had to take out both of them not just one.
Which is why you pick a chain of command that can easily and effectively replace lost leaders.
Added Chapter 61 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus