Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Kaggath Returns!

Beniboybling
12.19.2013 , 07:13 PM | #1041
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I think 2v2s would be a good idea for later down the line.
That would be against the rules however...

Aurbere
12.19.2013 , 07:18 PM | #1042
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
For now...
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 07:19 PM | #1043
And? Not like Sith usually pay attention to rules anyway. Most of the Dark Council laughed at the Kaggath.

To quote Darth Ravage:

Quote:
The Kaggath is a playground game, murder has no rules.
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Scoundrel
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 07:20 PM | #1044
Well that's partly the issue, it would be nice to allow other people to get involved.

The current state of the Kaggath is not very accessible.
They can get involved. They can debate our matches, doing normal kaggaths instead of these ones just to allow other people in sort of defeats the purpose, there's no difference for them debating custom factions or real ones, but there's a difference for us
Evil is a word used by the ignorant and the weak. The dark side is about survival. It's about unleashing your inner power. It glorifies the strength of the individual.

Aurbere
12.19.2013 , 07:22 PM | #1045
Well that's partly the issue, it would be nice to allow other people to get involved.

The current state of the Kaggath is not very accessible.
I don't see how. Like you've said before, faction creators simply have a more vested interest in seeing their faction succeed.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"You felt it; the power of hate. The power of the Dark Side. Your eyes are opened. You see now. The power burns more brightly, stronger on the Dark Side. Despite what the Council had taught you, you now know the truth."- Count Dooku

Selenial
12.19.2013 , 07:45 PM | #1046
Also, our Kaggaths run longer, that's cool too

My first kaggath? 126 pages... Final of the old one, Traya vs G0-T0? 62.

Beniboybling
12.20.2013 , 08:14 AM | #1047
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I don't see how. Like you've said before, faction creators simply have a more vested interest in seeing their faction succeed.
Nobody else has participated in this tournament surely you realised that.

Its not very fair to hoard the Kaggath for yourself, don't be selfish now.

Anyway I've been planning this series for quite a while now and I'm not about to let all that effort go to waste. I could on the other hand operate it in alteration with the next tournament, in fact I think I'll do that.

EDIT: Yet at the same time exclusivity does offer benefits.

Beniboybling
12.20.2013 , 08:16 AM | #1048
I'd just like to make it clear that I'm not interested in doing a rehash of the old tournament with a few minor changes. I never actually intended on doing this tournament again, not that I wouldn't do the Kaggath again but just wait until I got some kind of new idea. We've already done the current version and its time to do something different.

So far Warren has put forward the best suggestion and I can't think of any issues. And really after the fleet numbers fiasco turned out to be a hullaboloo about nothing forgive me for not trusting your opinions.

Now if anyone has any other suggestions then I'd be more than happy to listen, but I'd just like to make it clear that the next tournament will not be the same as the previous one under any circumstances I'm afraid.

EDIT: And, unless anyone is planning on dying, its not as if we cannot have another tournament like this one later on.

Beniboybling
12.20.2013 , 08:18 AM | #1049
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
And? Not like Sith usually pay attention to rules anyway. Most of the Dark Council laughed at the Kaggath.

To quote Darth Ravage:
I find it disturbing that you respect this mans opinion.

You know the powers of the state still do allow me to banish you...

On a serious note I decided against 2v2 for the Semi-Finals as I felt it would lead to factions being propped up by their allies. Regardless we don't have control over that aspect which is determined by how many people are participating.

Right now if we assume marcelo to be absent and include me and Silenceo we have an odd number - this would demand a series of Tri-Battles involving three factions, its been done before so I suppose that could work.

Beniboybling
12.20.2013 , 08:56 AM | #1050
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Also, our Kaggaths run longer, that's cool too

My first kaggath? 126 pages... Final of the old one, Traya vs G0-T0? 62.
Yeah, because wading through 126 pages of text is soooo much fun.

But really there is an element of tedium there, which is why I think a fast-paced debate would be a lot of fun too.