Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

@People who say Operative Healers are OP.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
@People who say Operative Healers are OP.

Raansu
07.02.2013 , 12:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by yourlordmoses View Post
I consider myself casual and i don't think that but there are idiots who call op or nerf before actually playing the class. Just a thought for anybody with a brain and enjoyment of the game
I play the class and I'm fully aware of how strong scoundrel heals are atm. It's brain dead easy and I rarely play heal spec.

ToMyMa
07.02.2013 , 01:06 PM | #12
I have said it once, and will say it twice: You know a class is OP when people make threads saying that it's not.

/period

stupidsyrup
07.02.2013 , 01:34 PM | #13
I've said it once and I'll say it again. I annoy healers.

I only have 1 DPS toon (Jeffray the Destructive Sniper) and will sit and pew pew til they notice their health going down, then hit em with Shatter Shot, interrupt blah blah blah.

On my Guardian Tank, Leap interrupt> interrupt> Hilt Bash> interrupt> Force Stasis> interrupt> Force Push> Jump interrupt> interrupt. It's just meant to annoy them, because if your team is too dumb to attack the marked healer, I feel sorry for you. Healers aren't meant to be solo'd.
The Indomitable STUPIDSYRUP
<Albino Brothers>
Battlemaster Jeffray
War Hero Alexowens

facesofderek
07.02.2013 , 01:51 PM | #14
I'll be sad when the nerf happens, but for the moment I'm enjoying my Operatives time in the sun. For the record, my Operative is an alt, and only 51, so he just picked up the roll, not that I've really had much chance to abuse it or really even put much use into it. I think people have become so convinced that it's not worth it to focus on Operatives healing that they just ignore me and hope that their combined DPS can beat out my heals on whoever they're targetting. I mostly PUG WZs, so I'm not going in with a dedicated guard bot, or someone for me to pocket heal, so it's hit or miss when I have support. Without it, I still feel like I'm making a large contribution to the success of my team, and that's something I hope I still feel whenever the nerf eventually comes. Hopefully we get to keep it as long as Sorcs kept their team stun bubble.

Cretinus
07.03.2013 , 02:20 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by facesofderek View Post
... Hopefully we get to keep it as long as Sorcs kept their team stun bubble.
Stun bubble was one style. Scouperative healers have roll, uninterruptable instants, cover, stealth, 8 sec aoe mezz, insta HP refill below 30%, endless energy etc. etc. etc. You can't seriously compare both in terms of OPness.

yourlordmoses
07.03.2013 , 12:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
I play the class and I'm fully aware of how strong scoundrel heals are atm. It's brain dead easy and I rarely play heal spec.
I cant stand to play op it bores me ive never played past lvl 13 on agent or smuggler

Monkfishysnow
07.03.2013 , 01:00 PM | #17
I've played a Sage healer since release and recently Smugglers have been out-healing me by quite a lot. I very rarely got out-healed by smugglers. EVER. Until recently.

Also on the note of sorc/sage healers and their team stun bubble.

The stun bubble is halfway up the Telekinetic tree you lose half your healing ability if you go for it...
Not to mention your Force resource Mangement becomes the hardest part of healing and using Noble Sacrifice destroys your HP and Force Regen even when specd into it (which is partly at the top of the Healing tree and you can't get it if you get the stun bubble).

Smugglers/Ops have none of these problems and all the advantages. Also Sages have 1 instant heal. ONE. UNO! (Except the one that only effects themselves, which is a nice bonus, but doesn't really contribute to the group.)

Don't get me wrong Sage Healers are still good, but Smugglers completely outclass them now, they aren't even comparable as far as healing goes.

Raansu
07.03.2013 , 01:04 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by yourlordmoses View Post
I cant stand to play op it bores me ive never played past lvl 13 on agent or smuggler
It's definitely slow to start. The class doesn't really get gong until level 36, especially if you play scrapper.

Caelrie
07.03.2013 , 02:04 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Monkfishysnow View Post
Smugglers/Ops have none of these problems and all the advantages. Also Sages have 1 instant heal. ONE. UNO! (Except the one that only effects themselves, which is a nice bonus, but doesn't really contribute to the group.)
The bubble counts as an instant heal, so we have two. Actually we have 3 if you charge up the AOE heal enough to be instant, and that's one killer good heal.

OldSpiceSwag
07.03.2013 , 02:20 PM | #20
the only issue i have with ops is how stupid their energy management is. ops will ALWAYS outheal a sorc and merc(lol) of the same skill level under the same conditions because their energy is always near full, and if it isn't takes like 3 globals to get back to a manageable level. other than that theyre fine