Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Kicking from group...?


Jedi_riches's Avatar


Jedi_riches
07.23.2013 , 10:21 AM | #61
I have never been kicked from a group, but dont fully understand groups other than the general kill order and general looting etiquette.
I was in a group as a DPS Guardian and the group was moaning about the DPS pulling too much agro (Fortunatly it was not me it was the other DPS in the group) I had to ask if they ment me as I had no idea if it was or how I would even prevent it.

Anybody know of any simple guides to help me understand this (in simple english) so that I might better understand what else I am supposed to be doing.

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
07.23.2013 , 10:27 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I have never been kicked from a group, but dont fully understand groups other than the general kill order and general looting etiquette.
I was in a group as a DPS Guardian and the group was moaning about the DPS pulling too much agro (Fortunatly it was not me it was the other DPS in the group) I had to ask if they ment me as I had no idea if it was or how I would even prevent it.

Anybody know of any simple guides to help me understand this (in simple english) so that I might better understand what else I am supposed to be doing.
Read this thread and you will learn a lot of thing you shouldn't do

other than that the easiest guide would probably be noxxic.com, but you always have to be careful with their guides, as they for example list the threat reduce cd in the tank guides, which is complete nonsense
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

SJBrierley's Avatar


SJBrierley
07.28.2013 , 03:09 PM | #63
Got kicked tonight because I had a single bladed lightsaber and not a double bladed lightsaber, even though I modded it and was stronger than any double bladed lightsaber I have had before, what's more annoying I had waited over 40 minutes to get into a flashpoint.

Lithouxos's Avatar


Lithouxos
07.28.2013 , 03:52 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by SJBrierley View Post
Got kicked tonight because I had a single bladed lightsaber and not a double bladed lightsaber, even though I modded it and was stronger than any double bladed lightsaber I have had before, what's more annoying I had waited over 40 minutes to get into a flashpoint.
Many of your class abilities only work if you heve a double bladed lightsaber,so you were gimping yourself and by extension your teammates,while I can't say for sure if you would have been able to compete I can understand why they did it.....

SturmUndSterne's Avatar


SturmUndSterne
07.28.2013 , 04:12 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Lithouxos View Post
Many of your class abilities only work if you heve a double bladed lightsaber,so you were gimping yourself and by extension your teammates,while I can't say for sure if you would have been able to compete I can understand why they did it.....
Furthermore, if you modded it, you can just take those same mods and put them in a double saber to get the same stats.

Dodasa's Avatar


Dodasa
07.28.2013 , 04:17 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by Icestar View Post
You guys must have a very crappy reputation doing that to PUG players.

I hope I will never team up with you guys
They didn't end up kicking anyone. Those that suggested are no longer in guild either.

SandsS's Avatar


SandsS
07.28.2013 , 06:54 PM | #67
I remember queuing in group finder on my healer alt for a 55 HM Cademimu -- and I got this absolutely awful tank/DPS pair. The tank was bad with cooldowns and couldn't keep threat, but the DPS was both bad (low DPS) and offensive in chat. He refused to listen to advice, failed to CC or broke CC at every opportunity, and maintained a stream of invective directed at me and the other DPS throughout this flashpoint.

This DPS also couldn't understand how to break shackles on the General Ortol fight and then decided to tell everyone else THEY were idiots on the ensuing and inevitable wipe.

I'd had enough of his nonsense by this point, so I started a vote-kick. The other DPS apparently voted with me and the offensive guy was ejected from the group. The tank mentioned with some evident disbelief that we were "stupid" because we'd just kicked his friend.

The tank left, too.

I re-queued myself and the second DPS, who was -- although no gem -- at least trainable. We got a new DPS, I explained to them that we didn't need a tank to finish the fight (because Ortol 'hits like a pansy'), and we proceeded to three-man it with a DPS companion.

I could use a break from the tough jobs.
[Scyras - Operative Healer - POT5 ]

Warrioroffhell's Avatar


Warrioroffhell
07.29.2013 , 10:04 AM | #68
i remember a scum and villainy sm ops via gf when we landed i saw it was a guild run , and greeted everyone , we go on to trasher kill it easily and when wiping at titan 6 cause of their dps's who didn't got behind the rocks in time , so after that wipe i had to reload makeb and darvannis . what happens when i respawn on darvannis ? , they kick me from doing low dps while i was better geared then their dps's and knew my tactics and they didn't . But the worst part was when i got kicked the ops leader pm'd me and started to insult me , call me a noob , and said they were having fun laughing at me ...... . he ended in my ignore list along with all his guildmates

Never_Hesitate's Avatar


Never_Hesitate
07.29.2013 , 10:12 AM | #69
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrioroffhell View Post
But the worst part was when i got kicked the ops leader pm'd me and started to insult me , call me a noob , and said they were having fun laughing at me ...... .
That's just sad, even if the kicked person was the biggest noob on the server and did everything wrong, why on earth would you harass him after you kicked him?
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Icestar's Avatar


Icestar
07.29.2013 , 10:57 AM | #70
Quote: Originally Posted by Dodasa View Post
Those that suggested are no longer in guild either.
Ah, one thing leads to another
"Though free to think and act, we are held together, like the stars in the firmament, with ties inseparable. These ties cannot, be seen, but, we can feel them"
- Nikola Tesla