Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Equality between HK-51 and Treek

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Equality between HK-51 and Treek

Aries_cz
07.02.2013 , 07:26 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
also , I didn't see char level requirements anywere, will he be awailable for L10 (or even below)?
i think as soon as you get to fleet and have legacy level 40 (and ton of credits)
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos or support me by clicking my Referral Link

Atramar
07.02.2013 , 07:29 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
i think as soon as you get to fleet and have legacy level 40 (and ton of credits)
thank you very much.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

GatorAndy
07.02.2013 , 08:47 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Aries_cz View Post
Is there reason you'll need to get to fleet first? Is Treek unlocked differently from HK-51? Because I had HK on my lvl 1 consular over the weekend.

TheOneWag
07.02.2013 , 09:04 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Why don't we just have a questline to do and unlock Treek on that toon?
Because EA / Bioware can make more money by putting it on the CC.

/thread

JimG
07.02.2013 , 09:08 AM | #35
And people whine that there's no benefit to getting higher legacy levels. They add a benefit and people whine that they don't have higher legacy levels. If history is any indication though, BW caves to whining.

Atramar
07.02.2013 , 09:11 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JimG View Post
And people whine that there's no benefit to getting higher legacy levels. They add a benefit and people whine that they don't have higher legacy levels. If history is any indication though, BW caves to whining.
should make it L50, so only living legends can have ewok.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

AshlaBoga
07.02.2013 , 09:37 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
should make it L50, so only living legends can have ewok.
That would actually make sense: Treek mentions that the sounds of a Starship in Hyperspace are the "stuff of Legend."

Legen-wait for it-dairy!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

gorstram
07.02.2013 , 11:17 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Not if Prop VIII has anything to say about that.

The Force clearly states that the sanctity of romance should be between two consenting HUMANOIDS. Maker created Adam and Eve and Steve and Thralk and Shenshu'vernia, not Adam and Muk-Muk!

*walks about carrying a "Fur is SIN this season" sign*
Did you ever know that you're my hero...

You're everything I wish I could be...

I can fly higher than an eagle....

Because you are the plasma exhaust beneath my Twin Ion Engines.
PO5:
Finklefett- 55 Merc (Gungans Ate My Baby)
Finkleboom- 55 Mando w/ 25% more Jesus Beams <OOTAP>
Finkle'Fabulous- 55 Vanguard: "The Big Pink Tank" <OOTAP>

Lunafox
07.02.2013 , 12:24 PM | #39
I have legacy level 50, and once I pay a million creds for one, I'd like to be able to unlock for my other toons in legacy without having to raise 21 million creds. -_-

I'd also appreciate it, if thru legacy I could get the last 2 bits for HK. I've done the whole quest, except the last 2 group things...I'm shy and play solo...and am thusly deprived of HK.

KotFE: I find your lack of Theron disturbing... WHERE'S THERON SHAN?

MeisterBabylon
07.02.2013 , 08:36 PM | #40
Well, I go to sleep and my thread gets derailed. D:

Just going to realign the stars by saying I LIKE what SWTOR is doing by bringing in Ewoks in this manner, and requiring a high Legacy limit, giving a credit cost or cartel cost as it should.

What I'm suggesting is to also require doing a quest to unlock the Legacy access in the first place. HK owners earned their stripes, ran all over the place to gather parts to build their first assassin droid. I know it was annoying for some, but it gave us more ideas about the story behind 51, and as you level his affection you see how all that ties in together. After that, you could bypass having to do the quest again and again by paying for the privilege.

The strength of SWTOR comes from the strength of the story. Each and every of our companions have a story to tell, some terrible, some boring and some just make you want to marry them (metafictionally).

HK has a Cartel Market option but not before quest content. I want Treek/Tweek/the 'Wok to have that same privilege. Mercenary or not, doing a questline to become Supreme Rockthrower then allowing access to the 'Wok is giving us story content and still keeping the option to skip repeating that same tedious grind 8 times.

I fear that I will be less attached to Tweek than to HK because I'm effectively walking up to a terminal and BUYING a companion. So far, companions have been designed to pull on emotional strings or at least make us feel for, or feel something, about them.

Every one of them, droid or humanoid, had a story arc before you got them. I hope Tweek gets her's too, for the first time around. If its fun, it won't be a grind the first time around. If the options are great, I might even feel the need to do it in different ways on different toons. If not, I can still buy her for my alts, which I have lots.

Options for every player, more story content, and 'Woks for everyone. I believe in my elegant solution and I hope BW listens, or at least considers it. There are a lot of whine threads about 'Woks right now and I'm afraid of this being lost in the wilderness.

So, tl;dr, whatever SWTOR devs choose to monetize Tweek, please require doing a questline that unlocks at Legacy 40, first!
"I feel your anger, Master."
"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL MY ANGER!!"
"...Okay, I'm officially scared."