Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Favorite Villain?

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ChandM
07.02.2013 , 12:47 AM | #41
Television: Sylar from Heroes. That or Rod Serling from Twilight Zone - dude messed with everyone in some pretty screwy ways.
Movie: Phantom from Phantom of the Opera
Book: Visser 3 from Animorphs (odd and childish choice, I know)
Video Game: Edea from FFVIII (Sorry KOTOR)

Lenlo
07.02.2013 , 01:08 AM | #42
Well then...

Movies: Darth Vader, The Joker (Heath Ledger), Gollum
TV: Queen Cersei (every moment she's not dead I burst a blood vessel)
Literature: Queen Cersei, Darth Bane, Oceania (1984), Admiral Danar Nickabar (Saints of the Sword)
Games: Darth Malak, Saren Arterius, Mercer Frey (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim), Elenwen (The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim)
Quote:
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out. - Battlebug
Our brains can't withstand mangled english of that magnitude!

Vhaegrant
07.02.2013 , 05:53 AM | #43
My favourite villain at the moment is 'The Governor' from 'The Walking Dead'.
While he comes across as an out-right psychopath in the original graphic novels it is interesting to read the path he took to reach that position in 'The Rise of the Governor' tie in novel, and David Morrissey gives a chilling portrayal of the Governor in the TV series.

underbridge
07.02.2013 , 07:46 AM | #44
S.H.O.D.A.N. from the System Shock series.

Gaming's modern update to HAL and Bigger Badder sister of GLaDOS, she embodies the true horror of all encompassing power in the hands of the psychotic and megalomaniacal. I think Clarke and Kubrik would have approved ^^
The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the force. The force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined.

CharlesBoyd
07.02.2013 , 10:15 AM | #45 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by CourtneyWoods View Post
Hey MokaSith,

I definitely agree. To me the best villains are fully realized characters who stir mixed emotions in you. You want to defeat them, but when the moment finally arises, you feel some kind of sadness. This sadness can come from a variety of different reasons - perhaps because they are wasted potential or because you have thoroughly enjoyed the conflict that that character presented or they have just gained your sympathy over the course of the story. They should make you ask questions about yourself or about the protagonist of the story.
There was a great interview I once read with Willem Dafoe (which I'm sure I'm going to paraphrase horribly) where he was asked how he felt about playing "good" characters compared to "evil" characters. Dafoe said something like "It doesn't matter. Everybody thinks they're righteous." And that's really stuck with me.
Charles Boyd | Lead Writer

Machine-Elf
07.02.2013 , 11:29 AM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by CharlesBoyd View Post
There was a great interview I once read with Willem Dafoe (which I'm sure I'm going to paraphrase horribly) where he was asked how he felt about playing "good" characters compared to "evil" characters. Dafoe said something like "It doesn't matter. Everybody thinks they're righteous." And that's really stuck with me.
One simply cannot go wrong in taking a page from the Willem Dafoe School of Overracting.

Beansoup
07.02.2013 , 12:31 PM | #47
B e a n s o u p
The one man institution you can always trust to deliver. Quality bartending at the Guilded Cantina since the fifth thread

AlrikFassbauer
07.02.2013 , 01:42 PM | #48
@Courtney : Thank you !
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

MasterFeign
07.02.2013 , 03:28 PM | #49
Agent Smith, Hannibal Lector and for the comic benefit: Yzma (and Krunk). Bonus points, because she's already wearing a Sith Inquisitor-like outfit.

Alavastre
07.03.2013 , 07:08 AM | #50
Kefka from Final Fantasy VI.

Don't know if I've ever been as pissed at some one that destroyed the entire world. Don't worry, I got him back. A few times.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson