Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code C5

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Auribiel
06.30.2013 , 03:16 PM | #1
After the 8%-Patching-Problem (that was for a short time solved as I could play the game on Saturday for about 5 hours) the game crashed again. When I now try to use the launcher repair it'll always find new datas to repair and than it tries to patch and got stuck at different %ages of success.
When I try to start the game I end up with an Error Code C5.

I just checked with the technic-support, that it's not my RAM (8 GB), not my hard disk (enough GBs left!) and not the grafic driver.

I'm not able to get in the game since the last patch (for an exception of 5 hours on Saturday) and hadn't any problems with the game or my PC before (which is only one year old!). I'm not able to play on double-XP-Weekend and I've lost about 25 hours of infuriating trouble-shooting without any success, because EAs Dev broke the game!

Beesodd
07.01.2013 , 04:21 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hello Auribiel,

C5 is usually due to corruption of game assets, which matches up with the need to repair. You mention that your hard drive and RAM are fine, but I want to check that you have run memtest and/or chkdsk. These are very important for finding issues.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.