Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jugg Tank vs Shadow Tank in PvP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Jugg Tank vs Shadow Tank in PvP

Ayelinna
06.30.2013 , 04:44 AM | #1
Full jugg tank spec vs assassin tank hybrid who wins?

shadow tank hybrid every time because they can pretty much heal up when they damage you.

I'm fully geared jug tank and I was in the pvp area and this shadow kept killing me, I could never take down more than 1/4 of its health because it was constantly healing itself the more it damaged me.

Gondolindhrim
06.30.2013 , 06:54 AM | #2
Warzones are 8v8. Try again.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | Bao-der | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

Ayelinna
06.30.2013 , 02:14 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Gondolindhrim View Post
Warzones are 8v8. Try again.
Open world PvP. Your move.

TheSeanJ
06.30.2013 , 02:35 PM | #4
Sap+combat stealth = win for shadow tank
Elite Warlord Tor Drogba, 55 Operative Healer
GM of Globaled

Gondolindhrim
06.30.2013 , 02:44 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Open world PvP. Your move.
Find a friend.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | Bao-der | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

Helig
07.01.2013 , 03:21 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeanJ View Post
Sap+combat stealth = win for shadow tank
Not an entirely black and white situation. Tankasin won't do as much damage within a stunlock as Deception, so the Jugg can Unleash out of the sap and smack the Sin. Between 2 stuns, fear, push, the Jugg can severely limit the Sin's healing from Harnessed Shadows.

But I do agree that a Tankasin would be at a slight advantage vs a Juggernaut tank as far as 1v1 is concerned. One of the reasons is that the tankasin can engage at his convenience, allowing him to pick the conditions of the fight. Not even mentioning instant kills by <Phase walk on cliff edge>, <jump off cliff, pulling the enemy>, <Phase walk back>.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ishbindeinvater
07.01.2013 , 07:38 AM | #7
as always: the better Player will win.

assassin self-healing? you mean harnessed darkness? use your Interrupt or stun on him. What else can you Interrupt? Assa skills are nearly all instant anyway, so Interrupt that ONE skill.

i am an average Player and i can never heal me fully just with harnessed darkness.
ICH BIN DEIN VAAAATEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!

Helig
07.01.2013 , 07:51 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ishbindeinvater View Post
as always: the better Player will win.

assassin self-healing? you mean harnessed darkness? use your Interrupt or stun on him. What else can you Interrupt? Assa skills are nearly all instant anyway, so Interrupt that ONE skill.

i am an average Player and i can never heal me fully just with harnessed darkness.
Harnessed Darkness renders Force Lightning uninterruptable. It can be cancelled/stopped with CC though.
"I'm not *giving* him cake, I'm *assaulting* him with cake!" - Pinkamena Diane Pie

ishbindeinvater
07.01.2013 , 07:53 AM | #9
too late edit: ok, you cant interrupt him (but stun?)

i mean, this is normally a skill with a range of 10m (except you use that one skill which makes it 30m), you need 3 stacks and it heals a maximum of 10%. Bad part of it is probably, he is dealing a good damage while doing that.

so if stun doesnt work, probably the reflect so he is healing but also damaging himself?

i dont know, playing both jugg and assassin, i never feel that invincible or unbeatable with my sin.

tell me about that hybrid spec. when you want harnessed darkness you need 27 points into this tree. A lot of points which are wasted when you want to be in surging charge. Or is it in dark charge? then, how is he damaging you so much without the lot of internal damage?

What is he doing and how is he/she playing that you dont stand a chance?
ICH BIN DEIN VAAAATEERRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!

Helig
07.01.2013 , 07:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ishbindeinvater View Post
too late edit: ok, you cant interrupt him (but stun?)

i mean, this is normally a skill with a range of 10m (except you use that one skill which makes it 30m), you need 3 stacks and it heals a maximum of 10%. Bad part of it is probably, he is dealing a good damage while doing that.

so if stun doesnt work, probably the reflect so he is healing but also damaging himself?

i dont know, playing both jugg and assassin, i never feel that invincible or unbeatable with my sin.

tell me about that hybrid spec. when you want harnessed darkness you need 27 points into this tree. A lot of points which are wasted when you want to be in surging charge. Or is it in dark charge? then, how is he damaging you so much without the lot of internal damage?

What is he doing and how is he/she playing that you dont stand a chance?
When people refer to hybrids, I believe they mean Darkness+Madness. They grab Death Field, Claws of Decay and key utility/mitigation in Darkness. Run around in Dark Charge, you get good, flexible damage and good survivability, as well as fantastic utility.

Also, Reflect is best used when you see the Shock autocrit proc. Fun to reflect Recklessness procced shock crits. Tank Juggs have it last longer, thus the reflect window is easier to align. But it's still hit or miss sometimes. Use it too soon and the enemy detects it and refrains from using Force powers. Use it too late and server delay won't recognize Reflect activation and you'll get a facefull of Force lightning.