Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Master Jun Seros, TOTAL *******

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Master Jun Seros, TOTAL *******

ryanthedark's Avatar


ryanthedark
06.29.2013 , 08:41 PM | #1
Spoiler

If anyone shares my views, pls reply.
Lord Vitian

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
06.29.2013 , 09:23 PM | #2
I don't share your views but I will reply nonetheless.
Spoiler

Quite honestly, I find him to be one of the most memorable Jedi Masters to appear in the game and kudos to the voice actor for the memorable job he did.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Enemy Within
THE SCORES OF DEAD HAVE NOURISHED ME. I AM AWAKENED.
AND I BRING WITH ME --
DEATH!

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
06.30.2013 , 07:12 AM | #3
Wow. Jedi can't win can they?

If it's not moaning about them being slow to act (if they act at all) it's moaning about the fact that they do act.

In a galaxy where each side has their own rules, I'm not so sure however, if the BH is really held accountable in the way the Jedi would think, as the BH isn't part of the Republic.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
06.30.2013 , 07:45 AM | #4
I believe the phrase is "what comes around, goes around".

Spoiler

Darth_Wicked's Avatar


Darth_Wicked
06.30.2013 , 10:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Wow. Jedi can't win can they?

If it's not moaning about them being slow to act (if they act at all) it's moaning about the fact that they do act.

In a galaxy where each side has their own rules, I'm not so sure however, if the BH is really held accountable in the way the Jedi would think, as the BH isn't part of the Republic.
He isn't a part of the Empire either and that's why the BH has to be held accountable: Hell, the BH doesn't even follow an ideology or anything of the sort, other than going for the quick buck, without thinking of the consequences.

Again, unlike what the story may try to imply early on, the BH is not just a mindless tool. Every action has consequences, whether he realizes or not.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Enemy Within
THE SCORES OF DEAD HAVE NOURISHED ME. I AM AWAKENED.
AND I BRING WITH ME --
DEATH!

AshlaBoga's Avatar


AshlaBoga
06.30.2013 , 10:45 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
I believe the phrase is "what comes around, goes around".

Spoiler
True. If I murder someone because you pay me I still murdered them. The BH is responsible for his actions, like everyone else.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Mercurial_Harpy's Avatar


Mercurial_Harpy
06.30.2013 , 04:10 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post

Spoiler
Spoiler


I think this is why exploring multiple story lines is key to understanding the morality of SWTOR. Depending on what class you play & the choices you make, you get to see some deeply disturbed Jedi and some fairly rational Sith. Of course, you'll always see the archetypal Jedi and Sith, but if that's all there is, it would be a pretty damn boring game.

Spoiler


Like it or not, these are civilizations that support the use of Bounty Hunters. When the BH says "take it up with my employer," that's actually the way to stop the contracts. But since the Mandalorians have a huge hand in the hunt, no one Pub side is willing to take them on, especially as the War with the Sith escalates.

So I kinda agree with the OP.
~The Argost Legacy~

~Jedi Covenant~

SithKoriandr's Avatar


SithKoriandr
06.30.2013 , 04:16 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
Spoiler


I think this is why exploring multiple story lines is key to understanding the morality of SWTOR. Depending on what class you play & the choices you make, you get to see some deeply disturbed Jedi and some fairly rational Sith. Of course, you'll always see the archetypal Jedi and Sith, but if that's all there is, it would be a pretty damn boring game.

Spoiler


Like it or not, these are civilizations that support the use of Bounty Hunters. When the BH says "take it up with my employer," that's actually the way to stop the contracts. But since the Mandalorians have a huge hand in the hunt, no one Pub side is willing to take them on, especially as the War with the Sith escalates.

So I kinda agree with the OP.
Spoiler
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bleeters's Avatar


Bleeters
07.01.2013 , 01:47 AM | #9
The "take it up with my employer" thing annoys me a bit. Specifically in the circumstance that it's used, I mean.

Spoiler


Quote: Originally Posted by Mercurial_Harpy View Post
Spoiler
Spoiler

AlexDougherty's Avatar


AlexDougherty
07.01.2013 , 02:59 AM | #10
There are two ways of looking at this.

Firstly, that Seros was out of line, yes he was, he sacrificed allies to bring down one man (and he failed at that), and he broke the Jedi Code, again true.

Secondly, that Seros was responding to the events in a reasonable way, the BH was extremely dangerous, was killing members of the republic just to win a hunting contest, and had to pay for his crimes, and that going by the rules wasn't going to do this.

Both viewpoints have merits, and both have flaws. Personally I feel the truth is actually a blend, Seros was doing the only thing possible to protect the republic, but he went too far, and lost his way.
Peace can be found, above all passions. Through passion, I may gain strength.
Through strength, I may gain power. Through power, I may gain victory.
But for every enemy fallen, a new foe rises.
For every chain broken, new chains bind me. Only the Force can set me free.