Simple Jaesa Willsaam alignment guide [Chapter 1 SPOILERS]

SW_display_name

Google searches about how to choose Jaesa's alignment led to a lot of threads on the topic with a lot of conflicting information. Here is what I believe to be the determining factors, based on my trial-and-error and research:

First, the determining point seems to be entirely contained within the final Chapter 1 mission, "The Padawan Exposed". I say this because I murdered Jaesa's master on Tatooine (as brutally as possible), slaughtered her parents and everyone I came into contact with on Alderaan, and she was horrified by darkness when she looked inside me — but I still got LS Jaesa at the end of the mission.

Within "The Padawan Exposed" instance on Hutta, your character's Alignment will determine the dialogue options you are allowed to choose. Your dialogue choices will then determine whether she becomes LS or DS.

If you are Light I or higher

• It seems you cannot get DS Jaesa. All of your dialogue options will lead to the LS Jaesa.
  • This is based on other people's experiences, so I can't confirm it 100% (my Warrior is not LS 1 or higher).
  • If you must have DS Jaesa, but want a LS Warrior, you can grind your Alignment below Light I (recommend Diplomacy spam) just for this mission, then bring it back up once you have DS Jaesa.

If you are Neutral or Dark:

• The only dialogue choice that really seems to matter comes at the very end of the mission.
  • You will be given 3 options:
    • Join me in darkness (or a similar DS option)
    • I was sent to kill you (or a similar DS option)
    • Don't stray from the Light (or a similar LS option)

[*]I received the LS option despite being Dark 3 when I reached this mission.

[*]Choosing the DS options will give you DS Jaesa. Choosing the LS option will give you LS Jaesa. This occurs regardless of your personal alignment.

How to tell which Jaesa you got (before it's too late!):

• CHECK WHICH JAESA YOU HAVE BEFORE LEAVING HUTTA.
  • Ignore the Codex entry — it's usually wrong and doesn't properly reflect which Jaesa you have.
  • You can easily test which Jaesa you got. Before you leave the instance on Hutta, open your Crew Skills panel and summon your "Guest" Jaesa.
  • The DS Jaesa sounds crazy, has spooky evil eyes, and has "Dark Lightning" on her ability bar. The LS Jaesa sounds polite and has normal eyes. Both versions start with a yellow saberstaff.

How to fix it if you got the "wrong" Jaesa:

• If you got the "wrong" Jaesa, just step outside the instance, open your Mission Log, select "The Padawan Exposed", and click the "Reset" button.
  • You will have to fight Noman Karr again, but you can change which Jaesa you end up with by choosing the correct dialogue choice at the final decision point.

Finally, remember that once you complete "The Padawan Exposed", Jaesa will be LS or DS forever. So after Chapter 1 finishes, you can be LS with DS Jaesa, or DS with LS Jaesa, if it pleases you.

Edited by SW_display_name

I recently came back after a long hiatus and started playing an old lvl 12 Jugg. I vaguely remembered some discussion about LS or DS Jaessa but had all but forgotten about it. I run DS and would have been quite surprised if I had accidentally ended up with a LS Jaessa. :eek:

Hope your compilation helps prevents other people from getting the wrong alignment.

A little bit off topic but related to jaesa. Does anybody know what kind of gifts she likes as a light sider? As I understand it, shes a bit picky so getting her fully up there on affection might be difficult but I would still like to max her out regardless.

• 4 weeks later...

has anybody ever not got jaesa

join me on the dark side(most of the you darksided probably picked that one)

i was sent to kill ya thats the one im talking about (i dont think anyone picked that one)

dont give in to the darkside(some of you darksided picked that one cuz you thought DS jaesca was too creepy for you but the majority of sith warriors who picked that choice was you lightsiders)

A long time ago in a beta far, far away ....

You could refuse some companions. Some of those rejections were fatal. But not any more and it has never been that way in the release. In other class stories you will see similar artefacts from the time when you could chose not to recruit some companions but they mean nothing in the game as it is now.

• 1 year later...

I did the quest tonight and did not get these three. This is my second sith warrior, he is light side 2 at the time of doing the padawan exposed quest.

His choices were

Walk the lightside with me

and two choices that didn't have dark/light alignment. I chose one of them and never got the options for join the dark side.

has anybody ever not got jaesa

join me on the dark side(most of the you darksided probably picked that one)

i was sent to kill ya thats the one im talking about (i dont think anyone picked that one)

dont give in to the darkside(some of you darksided picked that one cuz you thought DS jaesca was too creepy for you but the majority of sith warriors who picked that choice was you lightsiders)

I played through my Jugg and got DS Jaesa. I have to say, after grinding every class to max level, DS Jaesa is the best and funniest companion of all. She makes everything better with her crazy and off the wall commentary.

• 3 years later...