Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your veiw on Makeb and SGR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
What's your veiw on Makeb and SGR

Bleeters
07.02.2013 , 05:37 AM | #21
It's a long way short of being satisfactory, but I'll take what I can get for now. It's much like the Makeb story as a whole: light, short and self contained.

Companions are none of these things to the story. There's a reason why people were asking for s/s romance content with those.

SithKoriandr
07.02.2013 , 06:55 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
Companions are none of these things to the story. There's a reason why people were asking for s/s romance content with those.
Because they could run around the game with them. It's not about their stories. The companion stories aren't that great, at least when compared to the rest of the stories.

It's because people want to run around with the companion they're married to or want to be.

The stories are fun, but seriously, not all that at all.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bleeters
07.02.2013 , 03:39 PM | #23
I didn't say the companion stories. I said the companions themselves. Many of whom are present for a significant amount of the class story, which takes several dozen hours to complete, and contribute to it continuously. They're pretty integral.

A handful of quick cutscenes with a side character from one planet isn't exactly comparable.

TheronFett
07.02.2013 , 03:49 PM | #24
I'm an avid supporter of gay rights, and a straight male. That said...

It was poorly done. Only man/man on Imp side and only female/female on Republic side. The whole thing was wishy-washy and clearly just an appeasement to those who have been posting so long about it in the aforementioned SGR thread. It has nothing to do with the story, has very little impact on the game whatsoever really. And there's still no companion options to have an actual "relationship" with. Like most of what BioWare does, it was half-assed.

Pubsam
07.05.2013 , 02:19 PM | #25
I've played through Imp-side Makeb three times now, and on the last I did the romance with Cytharat and was so crushingly disappointed.

Going through the first two times I was excited for my Mara, as I usually imagined him as having some very amusing non-BW official time with Quinn and here he was about to meet a Sith who looked adorably just like him. But alas. The flirts weren't particularly fun and Cytharat barely reacted. I found out no more about him or felt like my Mara knew him any better than my Operative or my Powertech. The kiss was nice, but then those who 'romanced' him didn't even get a special letter in the mail.

So yeah I don't know if BW officially termed this romance but it doesn't even qualify as a fling. More like a 'maybe someday...' kind of deal. If they bring back Cytharat in a meaningful way, though, then this is forgivable, but I still maintain they could have done more.
Time for a nap.

SilentKitty
07.05.2013 , 02:44 PM | #26
Here's hoping for the future.

Loved the romance between FemShep and Sam in ME3, would be very happy to play through a good story for one of my female alts. And that the guys get equal treatment of course with a male character. Don't think that it will be a companion that is integrated into the lvl 1-55 story, but even if it was someone who could just join you like HK-51 I would be happy. Playing through 1-50 without this character just doesn't work for me so I have not created any bi-female-alt for Makeb. It was nice that it at last got featured in the game, but it is too little for me too re-roll for. Jupp, hoping for the future.

Callaron
07.05.2013 , 02:57 PM | #27
I like Makeb and all the content it introduced.
The SGR doesn't affect me, but it makes a lot of people happy - so that's a good thing too.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

SithKoriandr
07.06.2013 , 12:27 AM | #28
Playing my Consular, I feel she may as well be SGR for the fact that I haven't had flirt options with ANYONE in any of the stories (except for companions of course...and *Sigh* why did I have to care about Holiday's feelings? She's just so friendly! So I don't even know how far I could've gotten with Tharan).

Is the male Consular just as bad?

I wasn't expecting lots of them, but outside of the first contact on Curoscant...NONE!

I just arrived on Corellia, so maybe I get one there.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Callaron
07.06.2013 , 12:59 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Playing my Consular, I feel she may as well be SGR for the fact that I haven't had flirt options with ANYONE in any of the stories (except for companions of course...and *Sigh* why did I have to care about Holiday's feelings? She's just so friendly! So I don't even know how far I could've gotten with Tharan).

Is the male Consular just as bad?

I wasn't expecting lots of them, but outside of the first contact on Curoscant...NONE!

I just arrived on Corellia, so maybe I get one there.
Almost, they get the Mirialan girl from the Nar Shaddaa bonus series - like every other male.
But storyline wise they are in the same boat, Nadia is pretty much it - just like Felix Iresso is for female Consulars.
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!