Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What's your veiw on Makeb and SGR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore

RikuvonDrake
06.29.2013 , 12:10 PM | #1
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct section for this discussion, but I thought I wanted to read some feedback regarding your experience with SGR on Makeb and how you think it has affected the game and community. I remember reading a lot of threads regarding how it would affect the player base in a negative way and how Bioware would get "so much trouble" with different organisations that was very much against this kind of things within the game.

But for some reason, it feels like the discussion died after like one or two days after 2.0 and the SGR were introduced into the game, however understand me right, I don't any discussion regarding SGR and if it was right or wrong. I just want to hear about your personal experiences with it ingame and how you think it has affected the game!

Riku

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse

Cyberwoman
06.29.2013 , 12:26 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Hey guys,

Not sure if this is the correct section for this discussion, but I thought I wanted to read some feedback regarding your experience with SGR on Makeb and how you think it has affected the game and community. I remember reading a lot of threads regarding how it would affect the player base in a negative way and how Bioware would get "so much trouble" with different organisations that was very much against this kind of things within the game.

But for some reason, it feels like the discussion died after like one or two days after 2.0 and the SGR were introduced into the game, however understand me right, I don't any discussion regarding SGR and if it was right or wrong. I just want to hear about your personal experiences with it ingame and how you think it has affected the game!
I don't think it has effected the game much, and it was never meant to. Players weren't forced in to flirting with members of the opposite gender, and I think opposition for it, both in-game and out, is in the minority. That beings said, I don't think the discussion died completely, it has simply quietened for a while. For some reason anything to do with SGR will always cause commotion, and the next time BW add SGR (Which they hopefully will do again in the future) this debate will be sparked again.

As for how I have found it in-game, I have only had one character reach Makeb, my female Sith Inquisitor. She got to flirt with two female NPC's later in to the story, and it didn't seem any better, worse or different then straight flirting. There were some very immature players spamming the chats when they found out their males characters could flirt with a male NPC, but immaturity can be found on every aspect of this game.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

chuixupu
06.29.2013 , 02:42 PM | #3
I'd say this is actually "on-topic". There has been an long running and active thread in Story in Lore about SGR.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

spectreclees
06.29.2013 , 08:56 PM | #4
This is actually the wrong forum for this but I'll bite. It didn't bother me at all because as a male, I didn't seem to find any flirts with guys on the pub side. It seems each side had a set person they could flirt with on the planet of the same sex. If you are a gay Male Pub player you got shafted.

I welcome this though as a straight male and I hope they add more options for everyone.

swtonewbie
06.30.2013 , 10:54 AM | #5
Playing 50 levels on my female Sith Warrior and having a few flirt options with male NPCs and just out of the blue getting two flirt options with two females is kinda weird. I get summoned to some Darth Someladys office, she starts to give me a run down on why she called me and one of my options is to reply back with a flirt? I dont even like opposite sex romance in the game cause it felt ackward, now with the addition of same sex it feels even more ackward. For me opposite romance felt ackward because it felt too forced or just corny, but same sex it felt ackward because it came out of nowhere.
I'm not really a noob...

Ulyaoth
06.30.2013 , 11:03 AM | #6
I remember how back in the day, before the game was released, this was a huge deal, people arguing about it page after page. The same thread for it had to be reincarnated like 6 times after it reached the 1,000 post limit.

Anywho, after all that hullabaloo, no same-gender romance at launch. People were so damn sure they'd do it, I was glad they did it... just to piss off those smug SoBs. But then I make a female imperial agent and realize I can't be lesbian with nobody. NNNOOOOOOOO!!!
YES, they deserve to die! And I hope they burn in hell! -Mace Windu, on the subject of Wookiees

Pirana
06.30.2013 , 11:55 AM | #7
As a heterosexual male, I more than welcome it. To all the bigots out there, welcome to 2013.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

chimex
07.01.2013 , 07:21 AM | #8
Quote:
It's a good start
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

ninjonxb
07.01.2013 , 07:57 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by chimex View Post
It's a good start
I think it is a start. I am still hoping for more. I am really hoping for a love story similar to the same-sex only options for male and female in ME3. They are fantastically written, their sexuality was not their main focus. I just wanted to hold Steve Cortez close and make him feel better I don't think I have ever been affected by a fictional character, video game or otherwise, so much...

PLynkes
07.01.2013 , 08:00 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by spectreclees View Post
If you are a gay Male Pub player you got shafted.
I think the problem is that you didn't get shafted.