Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

Alavastre
12.23.2013 , 07:30 AM | #91
Actually, I think it's very easy for her return.

Spoiler

As for the regeneration issue, I don't think she will have a problem with it. She seems just as enthralled with the 10th as the 11th. However on a side note, I would love to see her return.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Selenial
12.25.2013 , 02:55 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
Actually, I think it's very easy for her return.

Spoiler

As for the regeneration issue, I don't think she will have a problem with it. She seems just as enthralled with the 10th as the 11th. However on a side note, I would love to see her return.
Ehhhh, it's pretty obvious she's coming back, now that I think about it.

She needs a guide for all the doctors faces? She's only known 2, that we've seen, and because we know she first met the Doctor as 10, she must see the later doctors not earlier.

Spoiler

Oh, and Time of the Doctor was awesome, absolutely loved it... oh Amy, amy... amy... Amy! River would have finished it off, but meh, would have been to easy if she was there.

Gonna miss ya Matt, you did great, truly left your mark, but bring on Capaldi!
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

AshlaBoga
12.25.2013 , 10:15 PM | #93

I've got something in my heart right now. I think it's a crack... Waaaaah!

No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!

I don't want you to go!
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

Jeweledleah
12.26.2013 , 01:35 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
Ehhhh, it's pretty obvious she's coming back, now that I think about it.

She needs a guide for all the doctors faces? She's only known 2, that we've seen, and because we know she first met the Doctor as 10, she must see the later doctors not earlier.

Spoiler

Oh, and Time of the Doctor was awesome, absolutely loved it... oh Amy, amy... amy... Amy! River would have finished it off, but meh, would have been to easy if she was there.

Gonna miss ya Matt, you did great, truly left your mark, but bring on Capaldi!
nooooo, 10 was the last time she met the doctor, not first (at least in corporeal form)

I'm ambivalent on time of the doctor... but no surprise there, I've been ambivalent on a lot of the more recent episodes. Cappaldi is cool, but as long as Moffat is showrunning I'll probably remain ambivalent. /shrug

Selenial
12.26.2013 , 11:19 AM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeweledleah View Post
nooooo, 10 was the last time she met the doctor, not first (at least in corporeal form)

I'm ambivalent on time of the doctor... but no surprise there, I've been ambivalent on a lot of the more recent episodes. Cappaldi is cool, but as long as Moffat is showrunning I'll probably remain ambivalent. /shrug
First, depending on whose point of view.

They meet in the wrong order, last time for her, first for him. We see this all the time, during the crash of the Byzantium, before the Pandorica opened she mentions it and says she remembers it well. Also, in a Minisode we see the Doctor, talk to the Doctor, about their date the night before river goes to the library... And dies.

"The first time we met her, the day she..."
"Died"
"she said she had just been..."

So yeh
Just found a quote from Moffat, said he'd bring River back if there's a plotline where she fits wonderfully, but won't push hard to bring her back, he liked the way it ended with the Doctor saying goodbye (that scene made me cry ) But she's my favorite Character
The Mandalorian Wars were a series of massacres that masked another war, a war of conversion. Culminating in a final atrocity that no Jedi could walk away from… save one.
Zarys Sorcerer Cathinka Seeliara Sage
Force In Balance - The Harbinger

Darth_Moonshadow
12.27.2013 , 09:14 AM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post

I've got something in my heart right now. I think it's a crack... Waaaaah!

No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!No! No!

I don't want you to go!
The clock strikes 12.

AND HE HAS KIDNEEEEEEEEEEYS!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Alavastre
01.03.2014 , 10:29 AM | #97
I didn't like the Time of the Doctor. It felt like it was a series long plotline pushed together for one show. And the regeneration cycle was just missing something.

The only two things I liked was Amy showing up, and when he took off his bowtie and dropped it on the floor.

Then what was that regeneration? Split second, bam it's over. Then they kind of made another cooky entrance while they were again crashing. To me something was missing. "The Time of the Doctor" was just as bad as "The Day of the Doctor" was great imo.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

Arkerus
01.03.2014 , 01:02 PM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Alavastre View Post
I didn't like the Time of the Doctor. It felt like it was a series long plotline pushed together for one show. And the regeneration cycle was just missing something.

The only two things I liked was Amy showing up, and when he took off his bowtie and dropped it on the floor.

Then what was that regeneration? Split second, bam it's over. Then they kind of made another cooky entrance while they were again crashing. To me something was missing. "The Time of the Doctor" was just as bad as "The Day of the Doctor" was great imo.
I understand some of your frustrations with Time of the Doctor but I think it was handled well. You have to understand the viewer doesn't see all of the Doctor's life. He lives for 100s upon 100s of years. We see only a very tiny fraction of it. He traveled with River for many, many years and we don't ever see that. We are only told about it. He could very well stay somewhere for 300 years because he can't leave and he doesn't care. He'll do it. Additionally, he thought this was his last stand as a living being. He thought he was done so why not make his stand there?

And just so you know, people have been complaining about regenerations taking WAY too long for a long time now. I LOVED seeing the instant change. JUST GET IT OVER WITH.

Finally.

And of course he's cocky. He's a new doctor and the more "traditional" doctors (see classic who) were VERY cocky. In the old series, he basically talks down to everyone because HE CAN.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Arkerus
01.03.2014 , 01:07 PM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Selenial View Post
First, depending on whose point of view.

They meet in the wrong order, last time for her, first for him. We see this all the time, during the crash of the Byzantium, before the Pandorica opened she mentions it and says she remembers it well. Also, in a Minisode we see the Doctor, talk to the Doctor, about their date the night before river goes to the library... And dies.

"The first time we met her, the day she..."
"Died"
"she said she had just been..."

So yeh
Just found a quote from Moffat, said he'd bring River back if there's a plotline where she fits wonderfully, but won't push hard to bring her back, he liked the way it ended with the Doctor saying goodbye (that scene made me cry ) But she's my favorite Character
There are some excellent GIF and JPG/s out there that map out River and the Doctor. If you want to understand how they meet simply download one and ENJOY.

It really helps when you are watching an episode to know which River is in the episode.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Orlogg
01.03.2014 , 01:09 PM | #100
I'm a massive fan of those Dr. Who episodes I saw as a kid: those Tom Baker era episodes that were broadcast in the Netherlands in the mid 1970s.

I like other Tom Baker era episodes as well, but I find those that I saw as a kid significantly better. That means that either the folks doing the selection for Dutch television had a great taste, OR my childhood memories enhance the actual level of coolness of the series.

I never bother to get into the newer doctors, although I find it cool that this series is still going on. I do hope to see those ancient pre-Tom Baker episodes they recently found in some African BBC studio (episodes that were considered lost).