Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Off-Topic
Anyone else a massive fan of Doctor Who?

Cyberwoman
06.29.2013 , 11:09 AM | #1
Doctor Who is not only my favorite TV show, but one of my favorite things ever. I have adored it ever since I watched the Peter Cushing Dalek films. I adore both the classic and new series equally, and I think it is a shame that Matt Smith is leaving as the 11th Doctor. It for the best in the end though, I mean, for 50th years the show has been about change. Cant wait for the 50th special!

Also have to mention how much I love Torchwood, its adult-centered spin-off (And where I got my username from!) and The Sarah Jane Adventures, its more child-centered spin-off.
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The Fourth Doctor, Doctor Who
Chinbu, Hekit, Shieye, Hunk'a, Bi'song, Paign'ton, Ga'vin, Char-bi
Griffa, Ga'athei, Valamist , V'woolf, Equ'mar, No'lara, Vampora

bmhale
06.29.2013 , 10:45 PM | #2
I really enjoy the show, though I suppose I was a late-comer. I started watching during the early Tennant years, and went back and watched Eccelston in between seasons. I've only seen a few episodes of the older incarnations, but I've enjoyed them. Though Tennant remains my favorite (you never forget your first doctor!), I've enjoyed Smith's run and hate to see him go. Can't wait to see what's in store for the 50th special though!
The Caesari Legacy on The Shadowlands
Treanidus (Level 53) Dr-Crash (Level 52)
Ceshavia (Level 50) Koshak (Level 54)
Telarnus (Level 35) Vindinar (Level 55)

Chickensevil
06.29.2013 , 11:19 PM | #3
Love anything scifi, but I do especially love me some Doctor Who!

Knock knock.
Who's there?
Its the Doctor!
Doctor Who?
Quote:
First man says to the second man: Why are you hitting your head against the wall over and over?
Second man responds: Because it feels so good when I stop
Zetliam - Empire - Bounty Hunter - Pot5
Armory

Guardian_Scott
06.30.2013 , 05:55 AM | #4
No...
─────>ΞϿ}OT LEGACY{ϾΞ<─────
"Kill with purpose... fight for pleasure."
DeviantArt

Ulyaoth
06.30.2013 , 10:14 AM | #5
As someone who's never watched the show, hardcore doctor who fans to me are like... hardcore gilmore girls fans. Or Charmed fans. Or Angel fans. I say... you people and your shows... I don't get ya.

"Uly, why not watch a few episodes before you go judgin it?"

What, you want me to fire up the VPN and pirate episodes one by one or something? A whole season? That's a lot of work. It takes me two or three weeks to finally get around to watching attack on titan episodes. And I love attack on titan. I'm worn out afterwards. The high seas are a cruel mistress.

"Uly, why not watch it on netflix?"

I ain't made o' money. I work 15 hours a week for minimum wage and live with my mother who I secretly hate and fantasize about the girlfriend I'll never have. All of this is relevant to the conversation. Don't say it isn't. That's hating. NO H8. See, I'm hip. I'm down. I know what the cool kids are sayin.
YES, they deserve to die! And I hope they burn in hell! -Mace Windu, on the subject of Wookiees

TheBBP
06.30.2013 , 10:17 AM | #6
What's wrong with Gilmore Girls?

Ulyaoth
06.30.2013 , 10:25 AM | #7
Gilmore Girls tantalized you with the possibility of a sexy mother-daughter romance that never happened. That episode where she was lying on the bed with her legs up talking about how she gave birth to her in that position... hooo boy, was it getting hot. The episode we've all been waiting for. But still, nothing... I'm still upset about it.
YES, they deserve to die! And I hope they burn in hell! -Mace Windu, on the subject of Wookiees

Seireeni
07.01.2013 , 06:28 AM | #8
Wouldn't say "massive fan", but it's a great show, sure.
There is a face beneath this mask but it's not me.
Red Eclipse - 22 characters - The Firslay Legacy

chimex
07.01.2013 , 07:08 AM | #9
Love the show. However, it seems to have lost a lot of quality lately. The storylines all seem to be solved be some form of wishing. EG: Memories (you know the one I'm talking about )

Personally, I prefer the older who. Tom Baker FTW

Jellybaby anyone?
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Alavastre
07.01.2013 , 01:11 PM | #10
Big Doctor Who fan here. Matt Smith is my favorite, and it's going to be hard to let him go. But that is how the show goes.

I'm currently watching the old stuff on Netflix, and it's not nearly as horrible as I thought it would be. Some of the "special" effects are laughable. Definately worked better before there was good definition. Now it's hard not to chuckle at it.

Also, series 7 was a step back in terms of story. I think Moffat pushed the idea of a one hour movie, and his writers tried to fit that idea into the overall stories but failed. I mean, how can you go from having Amy and Rory being your favorite companions to glad they are gone in 4 episodes?
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson