Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Cybertech] Training for -29, -30, -31 item mods?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Cybertech] Training for -29, -30, -31 item mods?

swtonewbie
06.28.2013 , 09:29 PM | #1
Hey everybody,

I have a 450 Cybertech and so far i have gotten the -28 armoring and -28 mods i need. Where/how do i get schematics for 29/30/31 armoring and mods? or whatever the next highest tier is for trainer learned schematics? Are those FP or OP drops only?
I'm not really a noob...

swtonewbie
06.28.2013 , 09:56 PM | #2
Got some answers in game, but i want to be sure i understand this.

In order to be able to craft a Reflex Armoring 30 i have to find the armoring first and then RE it?

So regardless of how i get it (GTN/drop/Lekku dances at the Cantina) does it work just like normal REing? if i get a premium quality -30 mod, REing it gives me a 20% chance to learn prototype -30?

What qualities are even available for me to RE? can i get premium, prototype and artifact? or is it just proto and art? or is it just artifact available out there for me to RE?

thanks
I'm not really a noob...

phalczen
06.28.2013 , 11:29 PM | #3
They are initially learned by REing loot drops from 55 ops and 55 fps. the ones you buy off the GTN were crafted from those schems, but i think you need to place the mods in orange gear first, then remove the mods in order to RE them yourself. So its either farm the pve content or buy, install, remove until you finally learn the schematic.

To the best of my knowledge, those drops only come as artifact, since the original gear is from ops and fps. on my artificer, REing relics like dread guard relics gives a 20% chance so I'm assuming its a 20% chance for all those things to learn the purple (artifact) version. You don't have to go through all the iterations of green-blue-purple like you do for trainer-based mods.

swtonewbie
06.28.2013 , 11:47 PM | #4
I was actually hoping there was a way to RE premium 30/31 into prototype or prototype into artifact.

I dont raid anymore and i dont farm dailies for credits or do crafting for credits anymore too. I'm pretty much casual right now, so it looks like i will just gear my toons and comps with prototype or artifact -28 stuff. And i guess there it basic comms stuff too, which i can farm on my toons that i will play a lot of level cap.

ty for the info
I'm not really a noob...

Noblis
06.29.2013 , 08:42 AM | #5
My method is to use the dreadseed bot to find green level 53 mods.
You need a craft rating of 430 to RE them. Still a 20% chance to learn the blue schem.
To RE mods a player has crafted (guildie, GTM) and learn a schem, you need to load the
mod into orange gear and rip it out. You must make it bound before you can learn the upgrade.
I have only started with green hilts, mods, and enhancements. Not certain on REing blues and purples.
Hold up ! If we save Han now, there won't be anything for us to do at the beginning
of ROTJ !

swtonewbie
06.30.2013 , 01:28 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Noblis View Post
My method is to use the dreadseed bot to find green level 53 mods.
You need a craft rating of 430 to RE them. Still a 20% chance to learn the blue schem.
To RE mods a player has crafted (guildie, GTM) and learn a schem, you need to load the
mod into orange gear and rip it out. You must make it bound before you can learn the upgrade.
I have only started with green hilts, mods, and enhancements. Not certain on REing blues and purples.
I've heard about the second part where you have to have it bound before you can RE.

But what exactly do you mean by the 'dreadseed bot'? is that a mob in Makeb that you can farm? or is that something to do with the seeker droid or the binocs?
I'm not really a noob...

Kayriel
06.30.2013 , 02:15 AM | #7
He is referring to a quest item , the Seeker Droid , that you can obtain from a quest from Makeb , with this droid, you can go to different planets ( Tatooine ; Corelia ; Hoth ; etc. ) at specified locations and use him to dig up different items among which there are green armorings and mods , which you will be able to RE after you make them bound.
When you wish upon a star
I will kill you , near or far

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...61#post7731161

Ancaglon
07.01.2013 , 06:45 AM | #8
I haven't found any green 28's from the seeker droid that could actually be learned that weren't already on the Cybertech trainer.... there was definitely a /facepalm moment for me when I realised that Initiative 28 was on the trainer after I'd spent about 40k buying up greens from GTN.

Also, I haven't seen any 29's of any sort anywhere.

30's and 31's can come from Operations drops, or more commonly from stuff bought from the Elite and Ultimate commendation vendors, but some of those are ONLY available as operation drops and are (were) much much rarer -- there were zero crafters for any Willpower hilts on The Red Eclipse till last Thursday/Friday because there is no Willpower offhand available for Commendations.

Nmyownworld
07.07.2013 , 12:40 PM | #9
I wish I'd seen this thread before I bought Advanced Cybertech (and Underworld Trading, and Scavenging).

Ah, well. Cost a few thousand credits, but lesson learned. Glad I saw this now, though.

Is it a similar situation for the other Advanced Crafting, and Gathering skills, i.e., no more "just buy schematics from Trainer?" 401 - 450 crafting schematics can only be learned in the same manner as Cybertech?

Grayseven
07.07.2013 , 01:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Nmyownworld View Post
I wish I'd seen this thread before I bought Advanced Cybertech (and Underworld Trading, and Scavenging).

Ah, well. Cost a few thousand credits, but lesson learned. Glad I saw this now, though.

Is it a similar situation for the other Advanced Crafting, and Gathering skills, i.e., no more "just buy schematics from Trainer?" 401 - 450 crafting schematics can only be learned in the same manner as Cybertech?
FP and OP's level mods have always had to go this route. You get trainable schematics up to a certain point, but the only way you can craft end game gear is to actually do end game content or pay through the nose to those who have.

Once you learn mods beyond the top trainer stuff, you'll still need crafting materials that are only available through...you guessed it...HM OPs.

You still get trained schematics from 401 to 450, just not for OP's and FP level gear.
"50 Grades of Shae", a heart-warming novel about a Mandalorian that delivers beat-downs and assigns grades to her victims.