Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Vanguard/Powertech Rebalancing?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Luckeyduckey
07.04.2013 , 08:31 AM | #21
Ermagerds just buff us. Increase the damage on CGC and buff railshot's damage to the point where it crits over 7k on average, and reduce the CD on Railshot and Immolate in AP, while increasing Rocket Punchs damage so that it can regularly crit over 6k. Done.

Atramar
07.04.2013 , 08:37 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Luckeyduckey View Post
Ermagerds just buff us. Increase the damage on CGC and buff railshot's damage to the point where it crits over 7k on average, and reduce the CD on Railshot and Immolate in AP, while increasing Rocket Punchs damage so that it can regularly crit over 6k. Done.
while we'r doing that, can we have our 6% shield chance back please.
or some sort of shield chance cool down... or other ideas people had...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Philmors
07.04.2013 , 03:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
I regularly get it on a HiB crit on my Vanguard. Just about every game. But then I do target the cloth wearer for that specific purpose!
How geared are you and do you have a lot of surge rating? Big thing is that it's pretty much impossible to get it unless you are well geared for big crits. You really, should be able to get that medal from just being specced for burst damage in my opinion like you can with an shadow/assassin and a scoundrel/operative.

Zoom_VI
07.04.2013 , 07:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
while we'r doing that, can we have our 6% shield chance back please.
or some sort of shield chance cool down... or other ideas people had...
^^this
I mean really BW the intirely shield based VG tank has the least shield chance of all of the tanks?
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

ceelaniri
07.05.2013 , 03:24 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
How geared are you and do you have a lot of surge rating? Big thing is that it's pretty much impossible to get it unless you are well geared for big crits. You really, should be able to get that medal from just being specced for burst damage in my opinion like you can with an shadow/assassin and a scoundrel/operative.
i get the medal regularly but I suspect it s bc I hit people with lower expertise/stuff. Otherwise against geared people, i reach the 5k++.

I have 768 in bonus dmg, 25% crit, 75% surge and I am capped in expertise to give you an indication (roughly half partisan/half conqueror and optimised gear).

That represents some relatively weak dmg compared to what other classes can do with this stuff.
Masamoto Pentesilhea

Master-Nala
07.05.2013 , 07:20 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Philmors View Post
She just hit 55 so she's still in her min-maxed War Hero. All power/surge. Plus I'm playing a soft hybrid that takes all the small stat boosts in the lower ranks.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#80...MMZfhrbdorcc.3

Chaos_Distortion
07.05.2013 , 07:26 AM | #27
I don't get it, what are all the complaints about Powertechs/Vanguards being worthless in 2.0 based off? I have checked patch notes everywhere and I do not see any nerfs for the classes, so why are people claiming that they're worthless?
Empathetic (Chaos Legacy): 50 Scoundrel (Sawbones) Healer, Empathetic: 50 Sage (Seer) Healer on Helm of Graush and various other Alts.
Been playing pvp Support/Healing in nearly every MMO since 1997 UO.

Truami
07.05.2013 , 08:56 AM | #28
PVP is not all about the damage. I love my powertech for his 6 second interrupt, pull, taunt, slow, and stuns.
Monkey
Wanderer, Kolto Smuggler, Medic
Jung Ma
"What we do in life echoes in eternity."

ceelaniri
07.05.2013 , 12:38 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaos_Distortion View Post
I don't get it, what are all the complaints about Powertechs/Vanguards being worthless in 2.0 based off? I have checked patch notes everywhere and I do not see any nerfs for the classes, so why are people claiming that they're worthless?
Roughly for the pyro tree, without any decent explanation given from the guy in charge of class balance:

-Reduction of armor penetration of HIB/RS by 15%
- CGC/PC dmg cut by around 50% but increased tthe chance to proc (which was never needed)
- TD/AP dmg divided in 2 part, 1 upfront (hit slightly harder than the basic aoe grenade) and 1 dot, useless as a burst tool now (this is by far one of the lamest "ultimate" cast in all the AC trees).
- Energy rebounder (the talent that reduced the CD from the shield) moved from pyro tree to tactic/proto tree.
- kolto overload doesnt heal above 30% health meaning that it leaves the PT in execution move's range

+

Incendiary missile (whatever the name is for VG), the other cast from the pyro tree, is pretty underpowered especially when compared to Sniper's corrosive grenade. It can be resumed like this: High cost (1/4 of the energy pool), low range (10m), single target, below average damage, no real synergy with the pyro tree.

In effect, the pyro tree has no real burst and no survivability and it is mainly a mid-range/melee class. Compare that with how high the other classes hit now and how big their HP are and you will see how nerfed this class is.

Pyro make their dmg on the charts mainly by applying their dots via aoe, hardly useful.
Masamoto Pentesilhea

Nucairion
07.05.2013 , 07:00 PM | #30
I just came back to game after couple months out decided id check out pt hadnt played for awile and all I can say is wow. It has been messed up damage was the only real survivability the pt/vg had. The crappy shield doesnt hrlp much compared to other dps classes and the kolto overload change makes survivabilty on pts non existant. I decided to level merc to see if there any better and boy are they. Only lvl 45 and feel I have higher survivabilty without healing than my pt.

The iron is sorcs got dps buff (needed). And there lvl 51 ability is a new def cooldown to go with there other ones while the one dps ac that needed a new defensive cd gets damage nerf and no defensive skill to counter it.

People complained bout pt damage for so long and never stopped to think why it was the way it was. And thats coz as pyro you have very little survivabilty and being able to burst as much as we did was only way you had a chance to survive.

Now at least in my opinion sorcs can survive better than pts so can mercs. And if its true that many guilds avoid taking pts and vgs to ops and I would assume ranked pvp then it shows how bad they nerfed powertechs dps. they need to get more than one guy on balancing and to stop just scrolling through acs making one op for a time then nerfing. If they balanced properly and did it with proper tests and LISTENED to feedback they would get honest feedback on how to balance classes to a level everyone can agree is about right or at keast acceptable
Voyseiri - 50 vanguard, Zi'Kino - 50 sentinal, Nosrionel - 50 gunslinger, Libieso - 50 shadow, Llorak - 50 powertech, Mibanax 50 - Sorc, Reiqui - 50 Juggernaut and a few lowbies