Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Inflicktion
07.27.2013 , 09:02 AM | #691
Quote: Originally Posted by Asavrede View Post
So it turned out to be non-tradeable (which is fine) and no collections unlock. I had to spend 10 CC on each of my characters, as the title item in inventory doesn't unlock anything in collections - neither does using it. Not a huge deal, but still I heard some other people actually got collections unlock for it.
You can trade them. You just have to wait for the initial bind period to wear off. Also, I believe it's been in the collections from the beginning; it was just bugged and mislabeled when it first came out.

Lyshar
07.29.2013 , 09:19 AM | #692
I think I know what the "appreciation" will be... *deep long sigh*

There's a new reputation in the legacy called "Bounty Supply Company" which has a weekly cap of 36000 like the other cartel pack, in the description it also says it's from a pack.

So around the end of the month they probably add the first pack of shipment 3 with nice legacy stuff (for subs, among others) in a new vendor that requires you to... you guessed it.... buy more packs!

We'll be lucky if they offer us a pack or a few more coins to buy one with.
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).

I don't want that well known CS rep touching any of my tickets, he doesn't read 99% of the tickets, and the last percent barely scratches the topic and is still way off! You know which one I'm talking about.

DarthTHC
07.29.2013 , 09:57 AM | #693
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Agreed, but I don't think they're ignoring the second one at the end of the month. I think there's a bit more planning that goes into their decisions than perhaps people realize. I'm perfectly content with the game right now, but hey if they want to buff my experience, go for it. It is for that reason that I don't find myself caring so much about getting what they have to give at the end of the month, but rather finding out what it is at all.
I think maybe they learned their lesson from the reaction to the first "appreciation" gift this month and have wisely decided to stop hyping a "gift" that will be nothing more than additional cartel coins.

Yes, it's a gift and gifts are always lovely and wonderful and all that, but it's not worthy of hype.

Andryah
07.29.2013 , 10:04 AM | #694
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
I think maybe they learned their lesson from the reaction to the first "appreciation" gift this month and have wisely decided to stop hyping a "gift" that will be nothing more than additional cartel coins.

Yes, it's a gift and gifts are always lovely and wonderful and all that, but it's not worthy of hype.
Heh...and when the second gift drops without fanfare and warning...people will be complaining about that too.

"Bioware! Why you no tell us about this in advance!?"

The only lesson to be learned is that for every situation, there are players queued up ready to complain about it.

That said.. I advocate for telling us nothing about appreciation gifts in advance. It will at least narrow down the demographics of complaining a bit. Inb4 someone complains about my position on this
I'm back..... in advance of KotFE.

Lyshar
08.02.2013 , 12:10 AM | #695
The month has passed and we didn't get the "second part", it just tells me personally that they really did have something else in mind and one of two things happened.
  1. It was shot down from above and something had to be thought up that wouldn't be shot down.
  2. It was delayed and delayed to the point where a CC gift was the only thing they had time for.

Way too over-hyped to have it end like this, is BW's reputation lower than EA's yet?

Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
That said.. I advocate for telling us nothing about appreciation gifts in advance. It will at least narrow down the demographics of complaining a bit. Inb4 someone complains about my position on this
Yup, mentioned that before and got some flame-y responses I think, but not feeling like looking it up. If they hadn't told us it would come there would also be much less people responding negatively to people saying the 500 CC was great.

Telling us this long in advance that we would get a 2 part appreciation and then giving us a one time gift certificate for 500 CC is an insult or a bribe at best (have some CC and shut up).
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).

I don't want that well known CS rep touching any of my tickets, he doesn't read 99% of the tickets, and the last percent barely scratches the topic and is still way off! You know which one I'm talking about.

idnewton
08.02.2013 , 01:01 AM | #696
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
The month has passed and we didn't get the "second part", it just tells me personally that they really did have something else in mind and one of two things happened.
2. It was delayed and delayed to the point where a CC gift was the only thing they had time for.
But we didn't get another CC gift...
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 23
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +29,000

🗽 'MERICA -- **** YEA! 🗽

Lyshar
08.02.2013 , 01:04 AM | #697
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
But we didn't get another CC gift...
I meant the initial CC "gift", the fact that we didn't even get a second just shows they really don't seem to care about their own reputation.

Amaranth
08.02.2013 , 06:32 AM | #698
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
I meant the initial CC "gift", the fact that we didn't even get a second just shows they really don't seem to care about their own reputation.
A Dev posted in another thread and said that they had something planned, but that technical issues caused it not to happen. Who knows what it was, but they did have something else planned besides extra CCs.

Lyshar
08.07.2013 , 05:02 AM | #699
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
A Dev posted in another thread and said that they had something planned, but that technical issues caused it not to happen. Who knows what it was, but they did have something else planned besides extra CCs.
In that case I assume it's "Plus, Subscribers will have a limited-time opportunity to save 50% on their first in-game purchase of Cartel Coins!" from: http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20130806-1

BUT I REALLY HOPE NOT, AND THAT IT"S COMPLETELY UNRELATED! *shakes head*

Especially cause I doubt all payment methods will be supported.