Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheNahash
07.11.2013 , 05:05 PM | #581
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthVengeant View Post
So, if someone bought you a type of clothing you don't wear or don't like...you'd be "grateful" and say nothing?
What do you think would be the appropriate thing to do?
Beat them to a bloody pulp and then sue them for insulting your sense of fashion?

When someone gives you a gift the polite thing to do is say thanks.
Whether you enjoyed it or not, being grateful that they didn't HAVE TO give you anything but they did, should be a given.

Why is that even a question?
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 01:27 AM | #582
So, if someone bought you a type of clothing you don't wear or don't like...you'd be "grateful" and say nothing?
So if someone bought you a type of clothing you don't wear or don't like... you'd tell them you don't like it? You'll go far in life...
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP

DarthVengeant
07.12.2013 , 04:30 AM | #583
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNahash View Post
Beat them to a bloody pulp and then sue them for insulting your sense of fashion?

Whether you enjoyed it or not, being grateful that they didn't HAVE TO give you anything but they did, should be a given.

I'd say thanx, but it's not something I would ever wear. It's called honesty. If more people were honest the world would go better.

No one said anything ridiculous about violence and other hogwash.

This "grateful" stuff is ridiculous from you folks. Would you be "grateful" if someone bought you a type of food you are allergic too? I mean, it's the thought that counts right? (that's what people say who didn't spend money on the gift) So, instead of being honest, you'd keep it letting the person waste their money.

Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
So if someone bought you a type of clothing you don't wear or don't like... you'd tell them you don't like it? You'll go far in life...
Exactly. It's called honestly. And it would just be a waste of money since I would never use it or wear it wouldn't it? So, you'd rather someone utterly waste money because your too afraid to be honest.

So, what we have gathered here is that every time Bioware does something everyone should be "GRATEFUL" and have a happy happy joy joy psychosis devoid of any personal opinion or critical thinking. Every single thing Bioware does is golden and to say otherwise is "ungrateful".

Freakin' seriously...this is half of why I left the game now. People like you who are high on the drug of "devoted" fanboyism to a blasted product. It's bloody psychotic.

TheNahash
07.12.2013 , 04:53 AM | #584
This "grateful" stuff is ridiculous from you folks. Would you be "grateful" if someone bought you a type of food you are allergic too? I mean, it's the thought that counts right? (that's what people say who didn't spend money on the gift) So, instead of being honest, you'd keep it letting the person waste their money. .
If they didn't know I was allergic to it and they bought it because they thought I'd enjoy it, yes I would be "grateful". I don't understand why that is so hard to understand. Someone cares enough to spend money to buy you something. That alone IS reason enough to be grateful.

I also don't understand what this whole "letting the person waste their money" is supposed to mean. They already DID spent their money to buy it. If I'm allergic to it, I'll say that I can't eat it because I'm allergic but I WILL say thanks for the thought.

So, what we have gathered here is that every time Bioware does something everyone should be "GRATEFUL" and have a happy happy joy joy psychosis devoid of any personal opinion or critical thinking. Every single thing Bioware does is golden and to say otherwise is "ungrateful".

Freakin' seriously...this is half of why I left the game now. People like you who are high on the drug of "devoted" fanboyism to a blasted product. It's bloody psychotic.
Except, in this case you used a very bad example. You stopped talking about the game and started using examples from real life.
No one said you should have a "happy happy joy joy psychosis" every time Bioware gives you something. Nor is everyone who doesn't particularly enjoy what they give them, "ungrateful".

Your real-life example, however, is the epitome of ungratefulness and quite frankly, I don't think many people care why someone who's only ever satisfied when he gets exactly what he wants, is leaving.

Have a nice one!
Master Kalchas Captain Santé
Darth Dírge Agent Héretic

xorcist
07.12.2013 , 06:25 AM | #585

On the contrary, the whole thing was about the value of a subscription. If people paid $15 per month and still had to pay for other things in game such as the barber shop feature etc.., what was the point. Nickle an dimming at its worst even to subscribers. Give subscribers a reason to feel that money actually means something. Not a stupid one time gift card of $5. The value of subscribing is becoming more and more worthless as time goes on. Little by little the changes are so subtle but eventually your sub will have very little value.
Good game.
"There is no calamity greater than lavish desires....
And there is no greater disaster than greed
."

DarthTHC
07.12.2013 , 07:16 AM | #586
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
This is in fact true. Expectations are self-inflicted.

That said... Bioware should have said noting until you received the email and the coins in your account. Now, I don't personally think they did say much or promote this much in advance...but then again.. I'm not sensitive to the stimulus of "promotion speak" either.

If you put a worm in front of a bird.. the bird is going to gobble the worm. It's all the bird knows to do. Many gamers are, by analogy, birds.
Disagree. Expectations are only self-inflicted when nothing is said to create them. In this case, BWEA said something to create expectations.

Quote: Originally Posted by xorcist View Post
The value of subscribing is becoming more and more worthless as time goes on. Little by little the changes are so subtle but eventually your sub will have very little value.
Good game.
2.3 is on PTS now.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

AlienEyeTX
07.12.2013 , 07:19 AM | #587

And your the type of person that doesn't understand the phrase "Quality over Quantity". You accept anything thrown at you.

This "appreciation" was the final straw for me. Bioware has NO clue as to how to run an MMO. It has been building for awhile now. I have now unsubbed and will uninstall the game in a few days. I am going full time over to Guild Wars 2 where you get great QUALITY content, barely ANY bugs, constant in-game events, no nickle and diming...all for no monthly fee. Yet, in SWTOR You pay a monthly fee and don't even get half of that with a pile of bugs and horrid customer service.
You have no idea what type of person I am, so shut it down. I know how to graciously accept a gift. Something that a select few here could do well to learn.

And, yes, I would accept the article of clothing, hold on to it for a little while and then donate it. That's how it's done.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
thank AlienEyeTX for being ridiculously good at this game:

-eric

curtkram
07.12.2013 , 07:46 AM | #588
if i were to say "i don't like spending money on the cartel market. i think the cartel market is not fun and i would rather see some sort of game content"

and then bioware said "we're listening, and we care. here are some cartel coins for you spend in the cartel market, because we know you think that's fun"

that's not necessarily something a person would be grateful for, since the gift clearly shows they are not listening and they don't care.

of course there are other people who had said "i love spending money in the cartel market. i would never want to actually play the game to get the ewok, i have better things to do, and don't really like playing the game anyway. i would much rather just buy stuff." for those people, this is perhaps a more appropriate gift and i think those people are grateful and showing gratitude.

Alavastre
07.12.2013 , 07:54 AM | #589
Quote: Originally Posted by AlienEyeTX View Post
You have no idea what type of person I am, so shut it down. I know how to graciously accept a gift. Something that a select few here could do well to learn.

And, yes, I would accept the article of clothing, hold on to it for a little while and then donate it. That's how it's done.
Again dude, it's not a gift. Nothing comes from BW that didn't come from us first in the form of money. They are trying to add value for Subscribers, but the gift analogy should go away.

In fact, I think I regret using it to begin with. A company cannot give you a gift if you paying that company. They can take slightly less profit and that is all. In all the ways BW could take slightly less profit to show appreciation, I think this was to me, one of the worst ways to do it.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson

idnewton
07.12.2013 , 01:15 PM | #590
Your real-life example, however, is the epitome of ungratefulness and quite frankly, I don't think many people care why someone who's only ever satisfied when he gets exactly what he wants, is leaving.
Believe me, they don't.
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 19 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
30/30 DREAD FORTRESS PVP BEST IN SLOT 4/5 NiM DP