Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

curtkram
07.07.2013 , 08:31 AM | #481
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
They didn't stop updating it. 2.3 contains real content. A daily area. A new event. And new flash points. And new flash point tech.

But yeah, "here's a free $5". If you think about that, that's $5 * 500,000 (subscribers) = $1,250,000. That's a significant chunk of change. Imagine what they could have done if they spent that $1.25 million on creating something interesting for us subscribers instead of taking the lazy way out and giving us Cartel Coins.

Of course it doesn't actually work that way because it's not a real $1.25 million they're giving us, but still...
there is no 2.3. you can log in and see the lack of new content. you can also visit the patch notes.

someday, maybe there will be a 2.3. i remember when they were calling 1.2 the jesus patch, for saving the game. maybe they need another one of those. if 2.3 does in fact become reality, and there is content that is not gated through the cartel market or some other charge, then i think that would be a very good thing for this game. however, that would be a stark contrast to everything they've done since f2p.

DarthTHC
07.07.2013 , 08:45 AM | #482
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
there is no 2.3. you can log in and see the lack of new content. you can also visit the patch notes.

someday, maybe there will be a 2.3. i remember when they were calling 1.2 the jesus patch, for saving the game. maybe they need another one of those. if 2.3 does in fact become reality, and there is content that is not gated through the cartel market or some other charge, then i think that would be a very good thing for this game. however, that would be a stark contrast to everything they've done since f2p.
What are you talking about? 2.3 is on the test servers now.
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

astrobearx
07.07.2013 , 08:46 AM | #483
this.
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Moonshadow View Post
Because Bioware won't let my have the Jewel of the Dark Side, which would amplify my powers and allow me to take control of the galaxy in my bid for a tyrannical dictatorship.
Poo-doo.

curtkram
07.07.2013 , 08:52 AM | #484
oh right, i was playing on the real servers. i suppose PTS could count as content not being gated through a charge or the cartel market. i can even transfer all my characters onto a single server instead of having them split across 3 servers right? maybe PTS is actually better.

there is no 2.3 on the real servers.

Tyson_Krix
07.07.2013 , 09:16 AM | #485
oh right, i was playing on the real servers. i suppose PTS could count as content not being gated through a charge or the cartel market. i can even transfer all my characters onto a single server instead of having them split across 3 servers right? maybe PTS is actually better.

Are you serious ? Updates are tested on PTS and implemented on real servers after. There will be a 2.3 soon >< PTS isn't "better" than real servers. It's different, you even have more bugs x)
Serveur Mantle Of The Force (FR), Ordo Imperator
Tawak (Merco DPS) Lulu (Sorcier Heal) Mawak (Jug Tank)

DarthTHC
07.07.2013 , 09:41 AM | #486

Your cynicism is doing a brilliant job of displaying your lack of intellect or hatred for the game. Which is it?
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

Skodan
07.07.2013 , 09:44 AM | #487

you do realize they test the patches on the PTS first?!?

once its tested they then put them on the live servers
The Goa'uld Legacy Level 50 on Jedi Covenant (previously Canderous Ordo)
Imperial Entanglements
Less Imperial Entanglements
Check out LIE and IE: Galaxy Wide Casual Social Guilds

Kaywinnit
07.07.2013 , 10:01 AM | #488
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Also, still not seeing anywhere whether or not this is a one shot deal or we will now be getting an additional 500 monthly. Can someone please address this? Even if the answer is "we haven't decided" or "we aren't saying at this time."
The email said one time grant. So it appears to be a one time grant.
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

curtkram
07.07.2013 , 10:31 AM | #489
Quote: Originally Posted by Tyson_Krix View Post
Are you serious ? Updates are tested on PTS and implemented on real servers after. There will be a 2.3 soon >< PTS isn't "better" than real servers. It's different, you even have more bugs x)
right. it will be on or around august 6th. they already said that.

sooo, that means it hasn't been released . there is still the possibility they will reverse the course of pretty much every decision they've made since f2p. they could also have a cartel market option to finish the flashpoint by spending 300 cartel coins, or spend cartel coins to skip the trash mobs and go straight to the boss, or something like that. they could still somehow gate the content. server transfers were released in a way that either A) has a cost that scales up with how many alts you have or B) breaks up your legacy and achievements across multiple servers. they can do that again. there isn't anything that would suggest they haven't found some clever way to charge you while maintaining plausible deniability, then just ignoring the problem they way they always have with server transfers.

of course, they could just release a patch that is good for subscribers. maybe they want to turn the game around and most new patches will include content for subscribers. that would be great, i think if they wanted to start doing that it would be best for everyone. i'm just saying, that hasn't been how they do things since f2p.

stuff on the pts is free. there is no cartel market. stuff on regular servers is not. i'm serious; there is still no 2.3 on regular servers.

curtkram
07.07.2013 , 10:36 AM | #490
Your cynicism is doing a brilliant job of displaying your lack of intellect or hatred for the game. Which is it?
possibly both?

when i said 'there is no 2.3" i forgot about the pts. you reminded me that 2.3 is on pts. that was my mistake, since i forgot, and i appreciate your help in reminding me. sorry for the confusion that created.