Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthTHC
07.06.2013 , 04:36 PM | #471
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
i agree with the above poster that this is incomplete.

"here's a free $5. that you can only spend in the cartel market. we're giving you this because we stopped updating the game you're paying $15/mo for. since we are still updating the cartel market, you can have fun buying crap like new haircuts."
They didn't stop updating it. 2.3 contains real content. A daily area. A new event. And new flash points. And new flash point tech.

But yeah, "here's a free $5". If you think about that, that's $5 * 500,000 (subscribers) = $1,250,000. That's a significant chunk of change. Imagine what they could have done if they spent that $1.25 million on creating something interesting for us subscribers instead of taking the lazy way out and giving us Cartel Coins.

Of course it doesn't actually work that way because it's not a real $1.25 million they're giving us, but still...

idnewton
07.06.2013 , 04:46 PM | #472
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
But yeah, "here's a free $5". If you think about that, that's $5 * 500,000 (subscribers) = $1,250,000. That's a significant chunk of change. Imagine what they could have done if they spent that $1.25 million on creating something interesting for us subscribers instead of taking the lazy way out and giving us Cartel Coins.
In other words, exactly what I just said. LOL
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL +55s: 24
ETERNAL WARRIOR CHEEVO POINTS: +31,000
Quote: Originally Posted by idnewton View Post
Negative language gets you disqualified? Oh I'm sorry, please wait while I contact your local 'safe space'

avimeso
07.06.2013 , 06:56 PM | #473
500cc was kinda disappointing :/ Why not include free month of game time as well?
we get 500 every month, isn't this amount over due for a review since the game has turned vastly towards the cartel market?

Axe_Faktor
07.07.2013 , 06:16 AM | #474
Quote: Originally Posted by avimeso View Post
500cc was kinda disappointing :/ Why not include free month of game time as well?
we get 500 every month, isn't this amount over due for a review since the game has turned vastly towards the cartel market?
Good point ^

This number was OK in the beginning, but the majority of exciting items on the cartel market are way more than this, even with discounts. As it stands subscribers have to rely on a lot of luck in terms of timing, or they are forced to save their stipend up in order to get the things they want. I think at least 720 a month would be better. That's two cartel packs right? Or 3 or 4 quality unlocks a month?
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Axe_Faktor
07.07.2013 , 06:20 AM | #475
Also, still not seeing anywhere whether or not this is a one shot deal or we will now be getting an additional 500 monthly. Can someone please address this? Even if the answer is "we haven't decided" or "we aren't saying at this time."
The Dredd Legacy - POT5: Axelson - Vanguard, Tyrax - Juggernaut, Despetycus - Assassin , Soleno - Sentinel, Half-squat - Scoundrel

Lyshar
07.07.2013 , 06:49 AM | #476
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Also, still not seeing anywhere whether or not this is a one shot deal or we will now be getting an additional 500 monthly. Can someone please address this? Even if the answer is "we haven't decided" or "we aren't saying at this time."
Already responded to you, but here's a link.

http://torwars.com/2013/07/01/swtor-...ation-details/

“…that it’s super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.”

And here's my reply again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
We're supposed to get something similar (but a little different) around the end of the month. Since we got 500 cartel coins this time, then we should get anywhere between 1-499 or 501+ cartel coins. What else can they possibly give us if not that without making it something not similar.

I do hope they break that "similar" part of the promise and this time actually give something 100% not cartel crap related.
Must've been another place where I saw it mentioned, probably a dev post or from an interview.
Never saw that second part of subscriber appreciation we were supposed to get Fall 2013, he said we'd feel appreciated.
That can't have been the case as I can't even recall getting the CC part of it (which doesn't really help with that anyway).

I don't want that well known CS rep touching any of my tickets, he doesn't read 99% of the tickets, and the last percent barely scratches the topic and is still way off! You know which one I'm talking about.

Axe_Faktor
07.07.2013 , 07:06 AM | #477
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyshar View Post
Already responded to you, but here's a link.

http://torwars.com/2013/07/01/swtor-...ation-details/

“…that it’s super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.”
Yeah I saw your original reply, but I was looking for some kind of confirmation, either in the form of a link (like you provided this time. Thanks!) or a response from somebody on the community team. So we get another single thing at the end of the month. Hoping its not another 500 CCs.

DarthTHC
07.07.2013 , 07:08 AM | #478
Quote: Originally Posted by Axe_Faktor View Post
Yeah I saw your original reply, but I was looking for some kind of confirmation, either in the form of a link (like you provided this time. Thanks!) or a response from somebody on the community team. So we get another single thing at the end of the month. Hoping its not another 500 CCs.
But... dude... that would be like A THOUSAND FREE CC's!!!!11one11eleventy1! How awesome!

Amaranth
07.07.2013 , 08:11 AM | #479
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
"Here's a free $5"

"This is a slap in the face"

"...."
It's not a free $5. I have never bought CCs, and I think I have close to 5k at this point because I don't spend them. Since I never buy CCs, these will not save me any money. So in essence they are worth nothing to me, as CCs have no monetary value.

Now if they had said "all subscribers get $5 off their subscription next month", it wouldn't feel like a slap in the face to me.

Alavastre
07.07.2013 , 08:21 AM | #480
I'll be honest. I'm pretty disappointed.

Not that I don't appreciate the CC. I do. I just thought subscriber appreciation would be a bit more intimate. We're like in a loveless marriage, at least it feels like that. I think BW is just working so hard, they think they are saying they love us, but it doesn't mean anything.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. – Thomas Jefferson