Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TheSeventhJedi
07.05.2013 , 06:23 PM | #431
Quote: Originally Posted by branmakmuffin View Post
What exactly is the screw-up?
The fan backlash over 2.1 - especially the appearance customizer being CC only.
Click for free things, please:

http://www.swtor.com/r/GlscnB

(It's a referral link - whether you're a new or returning member,
you'll get all sorts of goodies!)

stephenalandavie
07.05.2013 , 06:31 PM | #432
Quote: Originally Posted by TheSeventhJedi View Post
The fan backlash over 2.1 - especially the appearance customizer being CC only.
Can't exactly blame people there should be a credit option for subscribers and it not be extortionate.
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

Thaed
07.05.2013 , 06:40 PM | #433
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric
Are the 500 CCs all we're getting, or can we expect something thoughtful too?
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

RisenDragon
07.05.2013 , 06:47 PM | #434
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaed View Post
Are the 500 CCs all we're getting, or can we expect something thoughtful too?
They just gave you (as of right now) 1100 CCs for being a subscriber. (Monthly stipend plus this bonus.) That's about 10USD, which is probably pretty close to what you are paying for your subscription this month. If they give us another 500CC at the end of the month, then they just converted the cost of your sub this month into your cartel coin bank.

From a marketing standpoint, that's pretty thoughtful.

Is it what a large portion of subscribers were wanting? Not really, but that doesn't mitigate the guesture either.

Thaed
07.05.2013 , 06:52 PM | #435
Quote: Originally Posted by RisenDragon View Post
They just gave you (as of right now) 1100 CCs for being a subscriber. (Monthly stipend plus this bonus.) That's about 10USD, which is probably pretty close to what you are paying for your subscription this month. If they give us another 500CC at the end of the month, then they just converted the cost of your sub this month into your cartel coin bank.

From a marketing standpoint, that's pretty thoughtful.

Is it what a large portion of subscribers were wanting? Not really, but that doesn't mitigate the guesture either.
Thoughtful would imply that the gesture requires thought. Throwing a fake $5 in an attempt to placate the masses is not thoughtful. It's nice, I won't deny that. If the one-time 500 CCs is part of something larger, great.

If we're only appreciated to the point of a one-off 500 extra CCs grant, though, I'd say that they don't appreciate us very much at all.
Selkath.com: You'll never find a more pleasant hive of honey and friendship.

Tmanarl
07.05.2013 , 07:04 PM | #436
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.
Cool man, you can send your 500cc to me. Since you obviously don't want/nor appreciate it. I accept PayPal.
The Valar Legacy : Begeren Colony
Maris: 60 Imperial Operative | Cinnagar: 60 Sith Sorcerer | Shiian: 60 Sith Juggernaut
Sevri: 60 Bounty Hunter Powertech | Rolorra: 60 Sith Marauder
Leelu: 60 Jedi Sage | Brénn: 60 Vanguard Trooper | Corrann: 60 Jedi Sentinal

Magnusheart
07.05.2013 , 07:21 PM | #437
I was really hoping for a KOTOR Anniversary Bundle.

HK-47 Customization
Star Forge mini replica pet.
Title
Color Crystal.

RisenDragon
07.05.2013 , 07:28 PM | #438
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post

HK-47 Customization
Title
Color Crystal.
That would have been pretty awesome.

Desolaytore
07.05.2013 , 08:47 PM | #439
Quote: Originally Posted by Magnusheart View Post

HK-47 Customization
Title
Color Crystal.
Hell YES!!! I'll trade the 500 for the bundle!
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

Kellorion
07.05.2013 , 09:08 PM | #440
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Good questions! The title will cost 10 CC and the title will unlock per character. There is also a collections unlock associated with it which will cost 5 CC. Also for those who 10 CC is "too rich for my blood" the item, like all CM items, will be tradeable so you will likely see some popping up on your local GTN.

-eric
Wait, not only do we not get it for free, its not even Legacy wide?!? Da hell?!
Lashon Orion'Nuruodo Tiran-Ori Ken
Eagerly waiting for Cathar, Cereans, Natoluans, Nikto, Togruta's, Voss & Weequay.
I got a bad feeling about this.....post.