Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Soluss
07.05.2013 , 05:04 PM | #421
Quote: Originally Posted by Kesphin View Post
Did you see what they did with CE vendor?
No, what?
James Ohlen: " For 2012 we really want players to feel like they're getting their money's worth. You're going to see so many changes and additions to the Star Wars Universe. It's going to be impressive. We have our Update 1.2 coming in the next week and then after that it's going to continue to roll out month after month. It's exciting."

Miquiztli
07.05.2013 , 05:05 PM | #422
Quote: Originally Posted by Gavida View Post
I would have preferred a Pet or some cosmetic item or other "eye candy" instead of the 500 CC.
Not that they are bad, but it is like buying someone a gift card, because you do not know them well enough to buy a "real" present.
A better comparison would be to get someone a coupon as a gift. We already put money in, but here is a little in-store credit.
<Ascendant> Miquiztli (Sin | 55), Perro (Merc | 55), Mi'ngh (Jugg | 55), Tokas'plif (Sniper | 55)
<Obnoxious Amateurs> Tokab'lunt (Scoundrel | 55), Miquizell (Sage | 55), Gatita (Van | 55), Ukko'otso (Sent | 55)

Amaranth
07.05.2013 , 05:16 PM | #423
Quote: Originally Posted by Whizle View Post
It's pathetically sad that anyone working for this game thinks that this will show the subscribers that you actually care. I seriously feel like you haven't been listening. A one-time coin grant? Seriously? For a moment, I thought this was an April fool's joke. Want to give subscribers benefits? How about a permanent across the board 50% reduction on all purchases? Doubtful we'll ever see anything even close to that, because you don't really care about the subscribers. It's clear this is just a cash shop game now, and that makes me sad. Consider my subscription over once my 6 months are up. I'll just switch preferred and buy my weekly unlocks on the gtn. I'm not going to keep paying you $15/month for $5 worth of coins. Subscribers are getting ripped off...end of story.
Completely agree. I've been a supporter of this game since Oct. 2008, even to the point of being called a fanboy quite a few times. But this is quite frankly a slap in the face. Bioware, if you really want to show your appreciation, you need to try harder. I was really hoping for something that you couldn't get with just CCs, something that would make me say "this is why I'm happy to subscribe to this game". 500 CCs is not that.

DarthTHC
07.05.2013 , 05:29 PM | #424
Quote: Originally Posted by Amaranth View Post
Completely agree. I've been a supporter of this game since Oct. 2008, even to the point of being called a fanboy quite a few times. But this is quite frankly a slap in the face. Bioware, if you really want to show your appreciation, you need to try harder. I was really hoping for something that you couldn't get with just CCs, something that would make me say "this is why I'm happy to subscribe to this game". 500 CCs is not that.
This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!

Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated.

I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's...
Human beings see oppression vividly when they're the victims. Otherwise they victimize blindly and without a thought. ~ Isaac Bashevis Singer

KorbinArmand
07.05.2013 , 05:40 PM | #425
20 bucks our Ewok friend will be 1000 coins, 500 they gave you and 500 from your sub..
May the Fourth Be With You

zorroazul
07.05.2013 , 05:52 PM | #426
Quote: Originally Posted by KorbinArmand View Post
20 bucks our Ewok friend will be 1000 coins, 500 they gave you and 500 from your sub..
I'm afraid you're quite right pal. I really doubt the Ewok companions will be less than 500 cc, and probably, it'll cost about 1000 cc or maybe more. -sigh-

PhaseSpace
07.05.2013 , 05:54 PM | #427
Quote: Originally Posted by NeroTethras View Post
I really think people are looking at this the wrong way. They're not saying "Here's what you get for being a sub, now shut up and let us make Cartel Packs.". I believe they're saying "Here are some CCs to show you we haven't forgotten about you. There's more content on the way". It's pretty much just something to show us that we haven't been forgotten.

Would I have preferred some new content? Of course, but any quality content requires a decent amount of time to be made. I think we're in for a decent amount of quality content this summer.
They've had two years. There's nothing on the way for subscribers that everyone else isn't going to get.
Weapons Grade Humanity

Beranzen
07.05.2013 , 06:14 PM | #428
While I am happy with the extra 500cc, I think something IN-GAME would be a good thing as well, preferably a mount available only to subs for a limited time, free of charge and never offered again in any color. Like maybe a version of the land speeder used in the original Star Wars, or a version of the one Darth Maul used. (obviously earlier)

TLDR
500cc is great and all of that, but more is and was expected. Not to mention deserved.
The Demonstone Legacy
Kurgan Demonstone L55 Sith Pureblood Juggernaut
De'inara Demonstone L52 Chiss Operative
CE OWNERVIP? Nah.
Regulator Squadron

stephenalandavie
07.05.2013 , 06:21 PM | #429
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
This "gift" is about as unimaginative as it can possibly get. Here... have some play money that you already get monthly anyway! WHEE!

Wow, I can't fathom how much thought and effort you put into that! I'm feeling really appreciated.

I'm gonna go tell my wife her butt looks good and see if it gets me anywhere. No foot massage, no flowers, no dinner, no gifts. Just a slap on the fanny and a wolf whistle. Ought to work about as well as these 500cc's...
lmfao

Darth_Moonshadow
07.05.2013 , 06:22 PM | #430
Quote: Originally Posted by PhaseSpace View Post
They've had two years. There's nothing on the way for subscribers that everyone else isn't going to get.
And what's the problem? Why does subscriber appreciation have to mean "social and material segregation"? You get an extra 500 CC and a chance to get a nice title to commemorate the 10 year release of the KoTOR series. Is it such a sin that you have to be equal to everyone else?
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B