Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 12:29 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by LaraPhoenix View Post
My feeling over this is a huge... *sigh*.
I love Star Wars, I love this game, I'm one of those nerds with the preorder bonuses and Collector's Edition and Security Key - I love the experience and the worlds and the LIGHTSABERS! I have never complained about not feeling appreciated, I'm kinda easy going that way, but I was disappointed to find out subscribers get nothing more than unlimited access to the game (and of the limitations put on f2p, only a few can't be remedied with in game credits). Cartel Coins might be a more meaningful gesture if they went farther for subscribers than for f2p - but as it is, we are just as milked for our money as they. There are no loyalty rewards or subscriber benefits in this game- nothing enduring or even noteworthy. Yes, I have played on friend's f2p account, and there are differences - but mere conveniences. For me, extra content isn't necessary; titles are next to meaningless - how to they affect gameplay? -pets are annoying and I'd likely turn it off- how many of us actually ever use our Party Jawa? We throw it in our bank and let it and all our 'perk' toys wither. Give us something that identifies us a loyal subscribers- people paying you money, not for a cartel pack or any other purchase, but because we have faith in you and want you to know we appreciate your game. Something subscriber only- not just coins to spend on stuff anyone can get. Weapons & crystals & mounts & outfits & character design options- things we can all see every second we are playing - that are not available to a f2p with credits to buy it off the Galactic Market.
TL : DR... I allowed myself to get excited over this potential appreciation... and suffered a huge disappointment. My fault, I know.
Yep, if you were to look at other MMOs that have subscriptions but F2P, they offer loyalty rewards that ARE FAR better. That MMO is not as big as Bioware/EA but they sure know how to appreciate their loyal base. Sometimes when a company is big, they're the one that limits themselves in giving subscribers something that they'll appreciate. it's most likely they're greedy and want more money.

Giving out coins is another marketing tactic of Bioware to further promote Cartel Market. It should be obvious by now that not a lot of subscribers are loving the cartel market idea. You've see how many of us got ticked off when a story content is being put in the cartel market via the encrypted cubes. Why can't Bioware learn from this? With the plan to release Ewok as a cartel market item will further rage the loyal fanbase as it ruins the point of having a legacy level 40.

Do they really have to push everyone to quit the game because of the ridiculous tactic you're implementing?

idnewton
07.05.2013 , 12:38 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
KOTOR's 10th anniversary is 10 days from now and we have to save 10 coins...too coincidental!

OOH
PRE-ORDER ACCOUNT LEGACY LEVEL 50 LEVEL 55s: 15 10/10 HM DREAD OPS
ETERNAL WARRIOR CONQUEROR OF THE DREAD FORTRESS
4/5 NiM DF 8M PVP BEST IN SLOT 5/5 NiM DF 16M

EricMusco
07.05.2013 , 12:39 PM | #313 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by GalnarDegana View Post
KOTOR's 10th anniversary is 10 days from now and we have to save 10 coins...too coincidental!

Wow, that is really coincidental!

Edit: Soon™ = later today btw!
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Blackavaar
07.05.2013 , 12:40 PM | #314
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

Yay!

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Kodiak
07.05.2013 , 12:42 PM | #315
Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric
Great...just perfect. At the end of next week I am headed out of town for 2 weeks and I won't be near my computer so I won't be able to log into the game and I won't be able to buy the item that is only available for ONE FREAKING DAY! You do know that some of us dedicated players actually also have lives outside of the game. Making this available for just one day is going to make a lot of people unhappy that either forget, don't know about, or physically can't log in on said day.
PAX REPUBLICA
SWTOR Thread Guild Website
Casual PVP with Hardcore Determination
Prophecy of the Five | Liaison | International Guild

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 12:43 PM | #316

So it's true we can get Jal Shey armor for 10CC?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jal_S...phytearmor.jpg
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

cyvaris
07.05.2013 , 12:47 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by ikinai View Post
so it's true we can get jal shey armor for 10cc? :d

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/jal_s...phytearmor.jpg

yes please yes!!!

Reno_Tarshil
07.05.2013 , 12:55 PM | #318

Getting coins today and than getting the same special item later today?

SithEBM
07.05.2013 , 12:56 PM | #319
Quote: Originally Posted by Reno_Tarshil View Post
Getting coins today and than getting the same special item later today?

No, he stated details later today.

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 01:03 PM | #320
Quote: Originally Posted by ArielaKnight View Post
Do you always get so defensive when you are the one that made the mistake? You said packs which means more than one. You did not say pack which means one you said packs thereby sounding like it was more than one. So the person in the wrong is you by using the wrong wording. When it is one you use the singular form of the word and no one would think you meant more than one. When you use a plural form of a word it therefore leads anyone reading it to think you mean more than one.

So by what you state she was correct in thinking you meant more than one since you said packs (the plural form of pack).

And purchasing more than one at 160cc each implies PACKS. Quit being pedantic and argumentative.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy