Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Vhaegrant
07.05.2013 , 11:47 AM | #291
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

... available for one day only! ...
Awesome timing, you know with it being summer holidays when some of us can expect to be away from the game for a week or two!
Really hope this will be a recurring item that pops up randomly for one day at a time.

[Edit: The above was a bit of a knee jerk response before all the information was out, not something I'd normally do
Now I just have to make sure I can get to my pc on the 15th of July, and even if I miss that deadline at least the title will be tradeable so I could get a guildie to pick one up for me or catch one on the GTN.]

ArenCordial
07.05.2013 , 11:53 AM | #292
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
Awesome timing, you know with it being summer holidays when some of us can expect to be away from the game for a week or two!
Really hope this will be a recurring item that pops up randomly for one day at a time.
This! I'll be heading out for vacation towards the end of the month, and I can potentially lose out on something because of poor timing. I know I'm not the only one looking at taking for vacation time. Its not like a event that goes over at least a couple of days. I think this is bad planning.

Blackavaar
07.05.2013 , 11:56 AM | #293
Quote: Originally Posted by Vhaegrant View Post
It would be nice if they announce beforehand when this "one day" will occur, so we can make our plans to have access to a computer with the game client on that "one day".

Eric, please?
I plan on going to San Diego for four days to attend your Cantina Tour.
I don't want to miss this "one day" because I went.

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Luxidenstore
07.05.2013 , 11:58 AM | #294
Quote: Originally Posted by Superman_AZ View Post

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.
No. And way to get defensive. You said "Packs are 160 each" as in packs, not pack. It's perfectly understandable he/she'd read/interpret it that way.
http://www.swtor.com/r/PMZhvb

Use this link to get 7 days of sub, plus prefered friends bundle.

JLazarillo
07.05.2013 , 11:58 AM | #295
I'm not saying I don't necessarily appreciate the tree-fitty in store credit, but I think the concept of "subscriber appreciation" is still sort of not be fulfilled here. Saying "here's a coupla bucks, go buy something nice" isn't really the same as "we like the fact that you pay for our product every month". I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what most players mean when they say subscriber appreciation...they want more value out of that month-to-month fee.

Halabit
07.05.2013 , 11:59 AM | #296
Well ... still nothing

Nmyownworld
07.05.2013 , 12:00 PM | #297
For me, the 500 CC is like finding $20 tucked inside a birthday card -- it doesn't change my world, but it is appreciated.

Thanks!

My character was stuck in a piece of equipment, and I logged off, and back on, trying to extricate myself. Just as I logged back on, the "Cartel Coins Have Been Added to Your Account!" banner appeared. I thought, "What? Trying to get loose from this stupid piece of equipment triggered a CC purchase? Dang ..."

Timing is everything.

Divinus
07.05.2013 , 12:00 PM | #298
Just cancelled my subscription over this "appreciation gift", I feel like it's a huge slap on the subscribers face. I would've been more than happy with a title or a pet or something similar, but 500 CC is just too cheap and lazy and lacks "appreciation".

Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 12:05 PM | #299
Quote: Originally Posted by GoldenHornet View Post
I can just see the conversation at Bioware that lead up to this:

"The subscribers are feeling undervalued. All the dev time is going into stuff for the cartel market"

"So....what can we do to show some appreciation?"

"...."

"I know, throw them some free coins"

*facepalm*

Nice to see they've put some time and effort into appreciating their loyal subscriber base.
loool pretty accurate that

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 12:05 PM | #300
Quote: Originally Posted by Divinus View Post
Just cancelled my subscription over this "appreciation gift", I feel like it's a huge slap on the subscribers face. I would've been more than happy with a title or a pet or something similar, but 500 CC is just too cheap and lazy and lacks "appreciation".
That's good. It might make Bioware to work hard more. The only time Bioware will wake up to their senses if they lose another 250K subscribers or worse have a base of only 100K every month. Sometimes Bioware needs a wake up call if they want to make that 500K subscribers intact for the years to come.