Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Darth_Moonshadow
07.05.2013 , 11:28 AM | #281
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
My guess is Revan's Lightsaber.

Why would anyone want his stupid Lightsaber?

I have a perfectly good one here.

Plus, his lightsaber has dirt and fingerprints all over it! Has that man never heard of metal polish!?!
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

tman_ac
07.05.2013 , 11:28 AM | #282
So, the sub appreciation is 500 cartel coins and something you can buy for 10 coins in the future? Now I feel really valued...
T3-M4 - Seven Stuck
Dragonslayer The Eternal Warrior Gate Crasher Conquerer of the Dread Fortress

Izorii
07.05.2013 , 11:29 AM | #283
Hmmm clearly two sides of the argument here. Those who love BW for giving them 500 cartel points and are looking forward to an uber cool item for 10 cartel coins.

Then there are those people who expected more than a few cartel coins and a promise that they might be able to buy something cool for only 10 coins.

Me I fall into the latter I had no idea what they would offer us but just giving us a monthly allowance of cartel coins doesn't make me feel appreciated I already have 5000+ of the things because I don't want anything on the cartel market. The promise of the item again seems like a trick promise something uber cool keep people subbing and when it arrives and its crap, say "This may not have been to your tastes but something even better will be round the corner if you keep subbing" Which unfortunately turns out to be just as naff. I also don't know why this was a secret, I suspect its because if you look back what people hoped to get was vastly more than 500 cartel coins and so hope probably kept more people subbing than 500 coins would.

I know the fanboyz will flame me for my views and this was a "Free" gift I only have to pay 15 bucks a month to get it, and they did not have to do this. They also don't have to keep the servers up, release content or do anything but they might want to if they want to keep subs and they may actually want to make all subs not just fanboyz feel appreciated.

Sam_Skyrunner
07.05.2013 , 11:30 AM | #284
It's 1:30, and I still haven't gotten mine. Anyone else not get theirs?

Ayelinna
07.05.2013 , 11:31 AM | #285
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
My guess is Revan's Lightsaber.

Hmm, not everyone is a force user in this game you know i'm sure theyll add something to appeal for everyone.

ikinai
07.05.2013 , 11:35 AM | #286
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Hmm, not everyone is a force user in this game you know i'm sure theyll add something to appeal for everyone.
Maybe Revans seat cushion from the Ebon Hawke? It will allow you to sit anywhere for any amount of time. The force was strong in that one after all.
I'll tell you what, then. Why don't you call me some time when you have no class?
--Rodney Dangerfield Back to School

Mark-JPS
07.05.2013 , 11:36 AM | #287
Quote: Originally Posted by tman_ac View Post
So, the sub appreciation is 500 cartel coins and something you can buy for 10 coins in the future? Now I feel really valued...
I don't know but... I think fans should really get worried. For quite some time, BIoawre seems to be pushing the Cartel Market a lot. Why can't Bioware think of something to appreciate the subscribers where it will not be about the Cartel Market? There are other ways out there... like a speeder, or a content...

Pushing Cartel Market too much might hurt the integrity of the game and might turn the game into a cash-shop instead of a MMO with real content. Dunno just a thought....

First, the encrypted data cubes, then the Ewok companion bypassing the legacy requirement and now this 500 Cartel Coins. It looks like Bioware wants to see if subscribers are foolish enough to spend coins on the cartel market.... I guess it's really up to the susbcribers whether or not they want the game to pursue the route of Cartel market MMO or want BIoware to force them to release an actual content.

Either way, we'll see if SWTOR will turn in a full cash-shop in a year or two.

Superman_AZ
07.05.2013 , 11:37 AM | #288
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
I am not complaining about the coins but you are wrong about the price of the packs. They are 320 each. There is only one set of pack that is 160 the other 3 are 320. I suggest you check the prices before you state how much they are.

The pack that is 160 is the one I was talking about and that you confirmed just now. Is there a pack worth 160? Yes? Then my information is accurate. I never said ALL packs are 160. I suggest you understand what people are talking about before you correct them.
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

Blackavaar
07.05.2013 , 11:41 AM | #289
Quote: Originally Posted by Ayelinna View Post
Not everyone likes non-combat pets, but they've given us those a couple of times, haven't they?

Only the meek get pinched. The bold survive.(███████████████████████████████████║║█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙◙◙◙[█]

GoldenHornet
07.05.2013 , 11:43 AM | #290
I can just see the conversation at Bioware that lead up to this:

"The subscribers are feeling undervalued. All the dev time is going into stuff for the cartel market"

"So....what can we do to show some appreciation?"

"...."

"I know, throw them some free coins"

*facepalm*

Nice to see they've put some time and effort into appreciating their loyal subscriber base.