Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Alavastre
07.03.2013 , 01:12 PM | #181
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximilianPower View Post
I'm cool with that. As long as it's a real starship (not an in-game version).

'Cause I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable, you see.
That would be very cool. I would head over to the moon, check that crap out first.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of Liberty. Thomas Jefferson

Elear
07.03.2013 , 02:03 PM | #182
Quote: Originally Posted by ScarletBlaze View Post
But again that doesn't stop me from appreciating the effort they are doing for the gift.
1. Effort
We have no idea what they intend to give, so can't really tell it it took any effort or not. Due to lack of info there will be people assumign worst case scenario, so gift comparable to slightly rotten banana or used socks.
2. Gift
Usually, gift is something given 'just because', without expecting anything in return. In this case, they admited it's to counter negative feelings from 2.1 CM patch. They didn't have to say anything, but they did, making everyone expect something. Not even instantly after 2.1, but after things calmed down and peopel stanrted to forget such crappy patch happened.
Now it's no longer gift 'just because we care', now it's PR spin, hush money, "remember mistake we made, because for it we give you this".

MrJurgens
07.03.2013 , 02:13 PM | #183
Quote: Originally Posted by dscount View Post
Oh boy... can't wait. Oh. Yes.. I can.. maybe its COOLER fireworks? LOL

Either way. I'd be disappointed (again) if that's all we are getting.
Probably fireworks with Jawas jumping out of the box! LOL!

ScarletBlaze
07.03.2013 , 02:56 PM | #184
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
1. Effort
We have no idea what they intend to give, so can't really tell it it took any effort or not. Due to lack of info there will be people assumign worst case scenario, so gift comparable to slightly rotten banana or used socks.
2. Gift
Usually, gift is something given 'just because', without expecting anything in return. In this case, they admited it's to counter negative feelings from 2.1 CM patch. They didn't have to say anything, but they did, making everyone expect something. Not even instantly after 2.1, but after things calmed down and peopel stanrted to forget such crappy patch happened.
Now it's no longer gift 'just because we care', now it's PR spin, hush money, "remember mistake we made, because for it we give you this".
You see I didn't have a problem with the 2.1 patch. They put in something everyone wanted and everyone even stated when they were asking for customization that they were willing to pay for it.

I still will say thank you and appreciate what they are trying to do whether you or anyone else will. I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Guild Roleplays: http://republicexplorerscorp.enjin.com/activity
Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/vLlZlR

curtkram
07.03.2013 , 03:10 PM | #185
You see I didn't have a problem with the 2.1 patch. They put in something everyone wanted and everyone even stated when they were asking for customization that they were willing to pay for it.

I still will say thank you and appreciate what they are trying to do whether you or anyone else will. I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.
I don't say thank you to people who insult me. not saying they've insulted me, but then they haven't given you a gift yet either, so your 'thanks' is a bit premature.

as a subscriber to a game, i expect updates to be available to subscribers, and include game content. 2.1 did not do that. i certainly don't expect this 'gift' to fix that, but i sure would like bioware to show at least a little concern for their subscribers moving forward. they have done a lot, other than just 2.1, that i feel is not in the best interest of subscribers or the game.

Elear
07.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #186
Everyone

I still believe in common courtesy of saying thank you whether or not I like the gift or not. I was always taught to say thank you which it seems a lot of people have forgotten.
Since it was announced like that I can't consider it 'gift' anymore, but you (and everyone else) are free to have your own opinion on this matter, but also should respect opinions of other people.
And I was taught to not say things I don't mean, lying is bad. Still, too soon to talk about that. Maybe they'll manage to pull this off without insulting anyone.

Mike_Bluesky
07.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #187
I was going to let my 6 month subscription lapse, but decided to stay one more month to see this "appreciation" stuff. I just hope it won't leave me laughing.
I don't have friends but I really want those pets -> referral link (you get free stuff too!)

branmakmuffin
07.03.2013 , 04:01 PM | #188
You're free to say "Thank you" to whomever you want for whatever reason you want, obviously. But whatever they are going to provide to subscribers is not a gift because gifts do not come with requirements. It may be free (or it may not be, that's a different argument) but it is definitely not a gift.

Jonoku
07.03.2013 , 07:37 PM | #189
so ummm anything?

CosmicKat
07.03.2013 , 07:55 PM | #190
Maybe it's a Beta pass to ESO?