Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Subscriber Appreciation Details?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Subscriber Appreciation Details?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Twickers
07.01.2013 , 11:31 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by curtkram View Post
i think it's great that eric told us to wait to receive an email. this sort of communication is helpful to the community and much appreciated.

before we start talking about how much bioware cares about us, shouldn't we see what's in the email? isn't the actual game and the content more important than a post saying 'wait a couple days?'

i waited more than 5 minutes to post this.
Oh I deeply appreciate Eric letting us know, I mostly posted that as a joke due to how these forums are nowadays.
The loneliest people are the KINDEST, the saddest people smile the BRIGHTEST, the most damaged people are the WISEST, ALL because they do not wish to see another soul suffer the same way they did. - Author Unknown

dscount
07.01.2013 , 11:44 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Twickers View Post
Oh I deeply appreciate Eric letting us know, I mostly posted that as a joke due to how these forums are nowadays.
Same! I think it's great eric gave us a quick FYI on this thread.

I'm just not going to get my hopes up on this one. They heard our feedback on 2.1 (Barber Shop) and seemed to understand SUBS are slightly pissed over that one's "Cost" to us. Tie that into the free name change taking another month after CM version release they do have some PR cleanup on isle one. So all that said I'm going to stand by and wait for some super surprise to show up. It would be nice to see something more than a pet or fireworks and a gift with "REAL MEAT" in it for once.
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Kaywinnit
07.01.2013 , 11:48 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric
Thanks for the response, can you at least tell us when the emails will start going out?
Mal: Well look at this, appears we got here just in the nick of time. What does that make us?
Zoe: Big Damn Heroes, Sir.
Mal: Ain't we just.

curtkram
07.01.2013 , 11:50 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
I don't know if it's better... but I do find it entertaining.

Eric's answer is exactly as expected IMO. They have a history of liking to present us with "surprises". If they tell us about it in advance, it's like telling a kid what's in that present under the tree, 2 weeks before Christmas. They are being predictable in how they present surprises to the players.
i don't see anything wrong with eric's post. as already stated, it's not a surprise if they tell us it's a surprise. aside from that, aren't you in the wrong thread?

haven't you posted numerous times about people's expectations being too high? are you now suggesting we should expect something other than a let-down? could you please help me out here and provide some examples of where bioware exceeded common expectation in the last 5 or 6 months?

i'm trying to help out. i had higher expectations for this game, for which you berated me and said i should take responsibility. that's what i'm doing. i no longer have high expectations and i'm trying to help others manage a more reasonable view on the direction of the game. please note that nobody from bioware has made any statement regarding their priorities for the future direction of this game. we know there is content they are working on, and stuff should be expected around the second week of august. we know they had something planned for this weekend. what they have not communicated is why they did what they did with server transfers and their focus on cartel market updates without releasing anything new for subscribers.

let me help refresh your memory of your opinion of expectations:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...1&postcount=22

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...&postcount=170

here you go, it's 'science'
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Actually it's a fundamental component in the field of psychology, a well established arm of behavioral science & treatment, not Pseudo-philosophical claptrap.

RandyAB
07.01.2013 , 11:51 AM | #105
Hey folks,

As a heads up we are not going to be releasing details about the subscriber appreciation here on the site ahead of time. However, I would keep an eye on your email. Once we have everything finalized we will be sending an email to all subscribers, so look for that in the future! Glad you guys are all looking forward to it though, keep your eyes peeled for information soon™.

-eric

Maybe I'm just cynical, but I read that paragraph as being a polite, flowery, somewhat tongue-in-cheek way of saying "We have no idea what the surprise is yet and totally forgot about it until you guys reminded us about it"

:Prepares to lower expectations:

Superman_AZ
07.01.2013 , 11:52 AM | #106
Hey folks,

-eric

That's great news. Thanks Eric! I'll keep an eye out for an email. I like that it is a surprise and not just something for the world to scream about before we even get it. Would be awesome if it was Treek
"Be yourself, no one can ever tell you you're doing it wrong." ~ James Leo Herlihy

branmakmuffin
07.01.2013 , 11:55 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by RandyAB View Post
Maybe I'm just cynical, but I read that paragraph as being a polite, flowery, somewhat tongue-in-cheek way of saying "We have no idea what the surprise is yet and totally forgot about it until you guys reminded us about it"

:Prepares to lower expectations:
I bet they didn't forget about it. But I do think you're wise to keep your expectations low. You know that whatever it is, there will be people posting on the forums calling it a slap in the face.

Desolaytore
07.01.2013 , 11:55 AM | #108
Soon™. lol love it.
"I hear them enter my domain, children unknowing. They will serve..." - The Infernal One
Lightning flashes of insight, Into the mirth of a dark sky,
Pain of division is nothing, Joy of dissolution is everything.

JimG
07.01.2013 , 01:21 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by ninjonxb View Post
Any chance you may be able to share some sort of information on a time table? Even a loose one? My only fear is that this will be on the 4th of july weekend and myself (and I am assuming a decent portion, but maybe I am wrong) will not be able to play due to family.
You'll still be able to check your email or hop on the website for a minute or two to see what the details are, right? I doubt it's anything that subs will have to be physically logged into the game this weekend just to get.

Glzmo
07.01.2013 , 01:24 PM | #110
Hey folks,

-eric
If you really want to show me you appreaciat me for being a subscriber since day 1, you should simply make good on your promise to implement chat bubbles. All my subscription money was and is meant to go into the development of that very feature!