Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"You must complete quests before you can do that"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
"You must complete quests before you can do that"

trotsky_tor
01.09.2012 , 09:53 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by urborror View Post
It's amazing they develop this game for years and nobody says "Hey wait, change the warning message to 'you questlog is full,' because we might confuse thousands of people for hours."
Well, they only added the quest limit at the very end of beta. Still seems like an odd choice of words for the error message.

En-Sabanur
01.09.2012 , 09:58 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FulcanMal View Post
The title of this post is precisely what it says on your screen when your quest log is full. He did not know that the quest log being full was the cause, which is the entire reason he asked the question. Ironically, your misunderstanding of what this topic was about is the exact same misunderstanding that caused him to post.
GG at your own misunderstanding mate, the poster was commenting that the in-game message is awkwardly worded and should just say "quest log is full".
-Ensabanur -
-Sacrifice Guild-

Sacrifice Guild Website|Join Us

Zzues
01.09.2012 , 11:56 AM | #13
Yeah it just means your log is full, pretty dumb message to say that though. I musta skipped 10 quests while rushing to 50 because I figured I didnt do the prequests so screw it. Must be hard to change that line of text to say "Your quest log is full".
Zzues
<><><><><><><><><><><>

Enginer
01.09.2012 , 12:02 PM | #14
I gave up on the 50 flash points for the most point, way to confusing to have to mess with all the quest prior to entering.

Rather spend my time playing other games!
Why people are quitting TOR at endgame:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwHIWClqr_o

Starting to think EALouse was spot on

IncognitoCat
01.09.2012 , 12:22 PM | #15
This has been a huge annoyance for me, as I outleveled most of the zones quickly on the way to 50 and therefore had a ton of leftover quests in my log, many of which I could not abandon because they are part of the main zone storyline. I will go back and do them all eventually, but in the meantime, I would like them out of my way so I can pick up all 50-appropriate quests.

Word on the street is that in the next content patch, they are making it possible to abandon all quests, including the zone story quests and their attached bonus series quests. Here's hoping.
www.TOR-Loot.com
My latest project - Find the best Flashpoint and Operations gear for SWTOR characters with one click.

Nepumuk
01.09.2012 , 01:05 PM | #16
I believe this message confuses everyone who encounters it for the first time. If there is a book about how systems should not communicate with users, this message should go in it.
/cjoin LFG on The Red Eclipse

josfe
01.09.2012 , 03:21 PM | #17
This message is probably the worst written line of dialog in the entire game. The information that it is supposed to convey to you is "Your quest log is full, you'd better drop something or complete a quest".

What it actually conveys to you is "You need to complete a quest before you do this." which to any rational person means "Oh hey maybe I have to do another quest before this one opens up for me".

It's one of many small nagging things that drive me bonkers (most of them are UI related), like not being able to move your inventory/trade house windows, not storing preferences of your crafting settings, not automatically stacking items in your bank/inventory, and the "Oh you forgot to goto your ships holoterminal, so up through the space port through 2 loading zones and back into your ship before coming right back down" insanity.

Nizzemancer
01.09.2012 , 04:25 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by FulcanMal View Post
The title of this post is precisely what it says on your screen when your quest log is full. He did not know that the quest log being full was the cause, which is the entire reason he asked the question. Ironically, your misunderstanding of what this topic was about is the exact same misunderstanding that caused him to post.
You're the only one here who misunderstand...Bluemars is saying that bioware should change this stupid message. I thought the same thing as the op when I came to tatooine and couldnt accept quests. The error message is poorly worded, might as well just say "Your quest log is full".
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning

We will remember them.

DarthNiobium
01.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #19
It has nothing to do with how many quests you have. It is a result of poor game design. The quests are linked. No way to tell which ones. Not for us, not for CSR's either. It is one of the many issues that have customer service so swamped they can't even breath, let alone give you an answer or solution.They are not going to admit game is broken,so you get a lot of canned responses. Go ahead and try.Ask anything, doensnt matter.Same answers.Game has lots of broken pieces. Hopefully they pick a different route to fix than SOE did. I am going to try leveling to 50 without doing any quests to see if it is a workaround. Sure beats sitting doing nothing hoping the next patch or 6 will fix a problem or two because your toon can't even take a space mission.

Nepumuk
01.10.2012 , 11:39 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthNiobium View Post
It has nothing to do with how many quests you have. It is a result of poor game design. The quests are linked. No way to tell which ones. Not for us, not for CSR's either. It is one of the many issues that have customer service so swamped they can't even breath, let alone give you an answer or solution.They are not going to admit game is broken,so you get a lot of canned responses. Go ahead and try.Ask anything, doensnt matter.Same answers.Game has lots of broken pieces. Hopefully they pick a different route to fix than SOE did. I am going to try leveling to 50 without doing any quests to see if it is a workaround. Sure beats sitting doing nothing hoping the next patch or 6 will fix a problem or two because your toon can't even take a space mission.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0
/cjoin LFG on The Red Eclipse