Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Experiencing extreme lag spikes

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Experiencing extreme lag spikes

Autophoric
06.28.2013 , 07:18 AM | #1
Since the noted server lag issues last weekend I have unfortunately had my latency vacillate between 20ms to thousands of ms.

My Tracert is

Spoiler

My Pathping is
Spoiler

I am not really sure if it is my wireless adapter that is causing the problem. My next troubleshooting step is to more the router into the same room as the computer and use an ethernet connection.

OwenBrooks
06.28.2013 , 07:21 AM | #2
Yes the issue is between your computer and router, tried updating network adaptor driver ?

0 10.0.0.4
5/ 100 = 5% |

run http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/ to see if any thing else is overlapping, Ethernet test is a good way to see if the wireless itself is getting issues.

Autophoric
06.28.2013 , 07:22 AM | #3
Thank you for the response. I update the drivers before I ran the tests. I am trying your recommendation now.

Mrgalaviz
06.28.2013 , 07:38 AM | #4
how would you update all that?> im not the greatest with computers?>

OwenBrooks
06.28.2013 , 07:43 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrgalaviz View Post
how would you update all that?> im not the greatest with computers?>
For you , try using www.pingplotter.com it will give a graphical representation of the path between your computer and server.

Which server do you play on ? and I can give you a IP address to put in that program.

The DiskCacheArena file is in the game folder and you can simply delete the file, it recreates the next time you launch the game

Mrgalaviz
06.28.2013 , 07:46 AM | #6
Im on the Ebon Hawk server

Autophoric
06.28.2013 , 07:46 AM | #7
It says I have 4 co channels and occasionally there is an overlapping channel. My signal goes from 61dbm to 70.

The graph on the bottom doesn't show any of the completing networks that they show in the user guide for picking a channel.

Mrgalaviz
06.28.2013 , 07:49 AM | #8
I deleted the DiskCacheArena from my folder and it was just over 1mil kb, 1G. was that bad?

OwenBrooks
06.28.2013 , 07:55 AM | #9
normal , it will recreate itself it is just a cache file.

OwenBrooks
06.28.2013 , 07:58 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Autophoric View Post
It says I have 4 co channels and occasionally there is an overlapping channel. My signal goes from 61dbm to 70.

The graph on the bottom doesn't show any of the completing networks that they show in the user guide for picking a channel.
you appear to be getting 5 -16 % loss , my advice is re-run the tracert and pathping when connected by cable and see if they come back clear , you should see on the pathping pretty much 0% , not what you have currently with up too 16%

You could try selecting different channel to see if it changes as well.