Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Failed Purchases = Longer Purchase Restrictions = A Perpetual Cycle

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Failed Purchases = Longer Purchase Restrictions = A Perpetual Cycle

SukaShen
06.28.2013 , 12:52 AM | #1
According to Beesodd & others, "Each transaction, even if it fails, resets the timer [on purchase restrictions]" For those of us suffering from the "Cartel Coin Purchase Bug," this means that when you reach the limit of cartel coins you can purchase per day (the exact number is unknown, but appears to be three packs of 5500 CC's) a restriction is put on your account preventing you from making further cartel coin purchases. When your purchase fails you will be prompted with an error message telling you to "try again in 24hrs and contact customer service" and the accounting & billing department specifically. What is not made clear is the exact length of the restrictions placed on your account and the fact that every failed transaction you make resets the timer on the restriction, adding more time to the wait period between successful purchases. This needs to change. Transaction restrictions and how they work need to be made more transparent to consumers. So far I have not been able to determine if there is a way to find out how much time is left on a person's restriction (I called customer service, but they couldn't even tell me if it was a purchase restriction or a miscellaneous bug. I was instructed to try again in 24 hours or go to Walmart and purchase a CC card). The bottom line is, without knowing how long restrictions last, each time you attempt to purchase after receiving that first error message, you are risking extending the restriction on your account. This is a major design hiccup that needs to be addressed.

At the very least, customers should be sent an e-mail or an in-game ticket when a purchase restriction is placed on their account along with an approximate length of the restriction (or expiration date of the restriction). I have waited 24 hours between failed purchases. I have waited 7 days between failed purchases. Now I am in the process of waiting 30 days, but I just heard from someone on another forum who waited 30 days between purchases and still had their timer reset. This is becoming a perpetual cycle preventing customers from making purchases potentially indefinitely and all because of a lack of communication between customer service, accounting & billing, and the consumer. I know there is no "one size fits all" solution to this issue, but I hope Bioware will take steps to fix the opaqueness of their purchase restrictions.

FaithWhisper
06.28.2013 , 01:32 AM | #2
For me personally, I can buy 5 x 5500 CC in one day, then I need to wait 7 days excatly before I can buy again.
( ████ Game Boomers ████ )

ZeroPlus
06.28.2013 , 04:27 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by FaithWhisper View Post
For me personally, I can buy 5 x 5500 CC in one day, then I need to wait 7 days excatly before I can buy again.
Sorry for the derail, but...

You spend ~200$ every 7 days on CC?
If you seek answers, you must always ask questions. - Master Vandar Tokare.

[Suggestion] Add another Blaster Pistol with the "A-300 Heavy Sonic Needler" model = DONE!

SukaShen
06.28.2013 , 11:26 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ZeroPlus View Post
Sorry for the derail, but...

You spend ~200$ every 7 days on CC?
That's not what FaithWhisper is saying. FaithWhipser is saying that she/he bought 5 x 5500 CC, ended up being blocked, and had to wait 7 days before being able to successfully purchase again. This doesn't mean that FaithWhisper spends $200 every 7 days, and even if she/he did, it's their money. Unfortunately, waiting 7 days didn't work out for me, so still waiting. I've inadvertently reset the timer a couple of times, so i have no idea how long I should wait now.