Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do you PvE?

ScarletBlaze
07.01.2013 , 08:33 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by axka View Post
I just don't understand how playing against something where you already know what's gonna happend can be fun. That's the turn off at my end.
I pve because it is fun and mostly I can play with my friends and guild without worrying about someone yelling we are doing things wrong and we can also roleplay in our pve instances. We don't worry about what is going to happen at the end we just have fun.

I dislike pvp for a lot of the reasons here but yet I understand a lot of people enjoy it and I respect that they enjoy it . People like different things and when others start understanding that it will make the gaming community a better place.
A southern girl is a girl who knows full well that she can open a door for herself but prefers for the gentleman to do it because it demonstrates a sense of respect. Current Guild Roleplay: Redemption: The battle of Xa Fel https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...ps/r-1rAjOuo30

Assam
07.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #42
I played on Freedon Nadd for quite a while - the Guildies I was playing alongside were the very best of people and I will always be grateful for everything they taught me, all the helpful advice and camaraderie was nothing short of excellent

But, ho boy did I get hacked off with PvP

I got so tired of people attacking me ALL the time

And it is not just the one battle - which usually happened when I'd just finished fighting a Gold or something - I would be repeatedly ganked, usually by a group - re-spawning used to be a pain in the backside cos going back to the med centre meant having to get back to where you were killed and getting a probe to set you back where you were meant getting ganked again.

PvE - so much easier + free of hassle and if you still fancy running off to the Voidstar or Alderaan etc, you can do it. I've not had a single hassle since I moved servers and I'd not go back unless I had an exceptionally good reason
There is no emotion, there is peace. There is no ignorance, there is knowledge. There is no passion, there is serenity. There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force.The good news there is Tea too!

Spyderwraith
07.03.2013 , 03:37 PM | #43
I PVE because my guild mates are nice people. If i make a mistake in an ops they kindly explain the mistake and give me tips to improve.
PVP goes like this.
ZOMG YURRR BAD HERP DEERP L2P you hack kneed loser go jump in a lake with a toaster you don't deserve to live herp derp. this team sucks herp derp"

Yeah no thanks. I have no interest in that type of gameplay nor do i have interest in associating with people of that caliber of retardation.

Not to mention I enjoy fighting the "computer people" as it helps me improve as a player.
Quote: Originally Posted by Anarious View Post
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

Spyderwraith
07.03.2013 , 03:42 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
SNIP
It doesn't help that, in all of my experiences, PvP is pretty much where all of the rudest, most antagonistic, and most vitriolic players tend to pool, and, since I don't play the game to get rabid levels of insults and rudeness hurled at me no matter what I do, I don't like it and end up doing my damnedest to completely eliminate it from my gameplay if at all possible. PvE gets competitive and has its fair share of rude/insulting players, but it's cooperative competitiveness, not direct competition between two groups where you either win or you lose, and you're only liable to get coated in hate if you're playing like an idiot.
As i Agree with Kitru on the entire post i Snipped it and highlighted the one main point i agree with most.

As the signature says Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all
I have a feeling you would ring Ford to complain that one of your Bridgestone tires got a puncture, irrelevant of the fact you drive a Toyota.

TheNegotiator
07.03.2013 , 05:03 PM | #45
Your main assumption that PvE is not challenging is false.

To this day (about 10 tries) I've still never beaten EC HM.

Spyderwraith
07.03.2013 , 05:27 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by TheNegotiator View Post
Your main assumption that PvE is not challenging is false.

To this day (about 10 tries) I've still never beaten EC HM.
I think the assumption is based of another assumption that "we know enemy A will constantly do ability C at this stage and thus because we know this is a constant occurrence the safe assumption is that it fails to become challenging"
Which proves your initial point that the assumption is false.

ToMyMa
07.04.2013 , 07:54 AM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by axka View Post
I just don't understand how playing against something where you already know what's gonna happend can be fun. That's the turn off at my end.
Neither can I, as I think, even normal warzones (I don't do dem ranked) are fun. You just don't know what to expect
Name's Inferious, though you may know me as Tanvir...

Also, here's my referral, which will grant you a free server transfer and 7 days of playtime and more!

Yorioko
07.04.2013 , 08:09 AM | #48
I PvE for these reasons.
PvP is way too fast paced for me, I have been in the WZ a few times, it was sort of fun but I had no idea what so ever on what I was doing. I basically ran around and died.
On that note, I didn't use PvP specific gear, I used my pretty good PvE gear there though.
To me it seems like two totally different worlds, PvP and PvE
My experince is that PvP is "ruled" by extremely good players that devote most of their time to that purpose, and in all honesty I don't learn PvP from not knowing and then dying over and over again until the WZ timer runs out.
I don't have the gear for it, gear is costly and I really don't have enough coms to buy any.

I am an old MMORPG player, from the days where pvp was a feature allowed with an RP/PvE environment, and I am beginning to feel I made a mistake here with SWTOR, mainly that I didn't choose the RP/PVE server, but rather the PvE server.

I have tried "Hutt Ball" among other things, but in all honesty, there isn't much variation on what to do, run around, pass the ball and try stay alive for as long as possible.......there I rather go PvE on some mission I haven't done, trying a mission in a new way etc etc....is at least variation.

So basically I do PvE because I suck at PvP and it is way too hard to learn it when all you do is look at running toons you can't target fast enough and then you die.....in an endles spiral.