Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

Skylancewalker
06.28.2013 , 08:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by DataFoxIre View Post
I PVP alot on TOFN and I have not seen alot of hacking going on. I have however seen alot of Macro Abuse.
As I alway target healers, I end up going One vs One with Sorcerer's. Countless times I have watched them fire of a macro resulting in a full burst of healing done in seconds.
You mean popping their CDs and busting a heal and their insta heal together? WIth say maybe a medpack?...lol L2P.

Vesbar
06.28.2013 , 09:00 AM | #22
when u cannot see the player and all u see is there weapons and how there life goes up when u hit them. I mean COME ON!!! if u kill me then KILL ME but do it fairly

Heathenblood
06.28.2013 , 09:12 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Vesbar View Post
when u cannot see the player and all u see is there weapons and how there life goes up when u hit them. I mean COME ON!!! if u kill me then KILL ME but do it fairly
That is a glitch that happens in combination of certain stealth moves that get interrupted not a hack it happens to me all the time if force camo and I die or something I'll respawn invisible and will stay that way til I reuse force camo and it wears off. As to the health that team had a good healer healin is really good ATM and its easy to keep a player healed faster than the health goes down looks almost as you've done 0 damage.

I'd say majority of the hacks that are being claimed are just people unaware of the games current mechanics and of certain classes abilities. Especially since healing got a buff a lot of players been playing healer, so it feels like you're going against invincible teams.
-Heathenblood

Heathenblood
06.28.2013 , 09:20 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
You mean popping their CDs and busting a heal and their insta heal together? WIth say maybe a medpack?...lol L2P.
^ this.
-Heathenblood

IGotRawr
06.28.2013 , 10:03 AM | #25
To give further insight on how little BW does to prevent hacking in this game, I'll give out this little piece of information:
In SWTOR, your class and spec server files are included in the game client, meaning you can simply modify them whenever you choose. Example: Editing the smash dmg boost skill on the 1st tier of the smashmonkey tree, to instead of 10% extra dmg, say give 100%... Result - Instead of the usual 7-8k smashes you'll be getting 10-12k.

I've done my homework and PvP'ed quite a bit in this game, if you check the most populated 3rd party program forum in the MMO scene, which most people would know from other MMOs, you'll see what kind of advantages are available by use of such programs.

I understand the relunctance of some people to acknowledge the existence of hackers in the game these days, with the insurmountable amount of baddies it's way more logical to blame everything on the baddies. If you require evidence, server over to ToFN and queue for a ranked match, let me know when that SORCERER stealth(and even when your stealth bugs, your name and health bars are visible to others, these complete vanish) becomes too much for you

The only speedhacker I've seen was a sentinel on the 10-29 bracket, F2P trash wasn't even tops in that match rofl.

So yeah, speedhacking is not the issue.
"Treat the wound, don't poke at it like an impatient Jawa!"

Neoforcer
06.28.2013 , 11:49 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
That just sounds like a lag issue for you and him. People need to know what the difference between a hack and what Bioware has given us with this ****** engine of theirs.

I don't lag ever with 100fps and a 25ms ping in a warzone. I would agree lag causes some strange things to happen but not in every warzone with the same person from the same guild 100% of the time there in the warzone what are the chances of that. Once every now and again ok but not every time you see this person in a warzone is there lag. Also this sage has no resolve and you can not CC them ever.

SlimsPicken
06.28.2013 , 01:17 PM | #27
To bad players, everything seems like hacks.
For every man there is a sentence, a string of words, which has the power to destroy him.

EnsignSorrow
06.28.2013 , 01:27 PM | #28
To bad players every time they get owned they think it's hacks.

THOSE DAMN STEALTH SORCZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!1!1!one!

Personally I play every day (RWZ, and all) and I have not seen or heard of this. Silly n00bs
"To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night, Padawan: but choose!"

Maelael
06.28.2013 , 01:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SlimsPicken View Post
To bad players, everything seems like hacks.
It's true. I've had to explain a lot of things people complain about on my side of the warzone, are not in fact hacks, but well played and well coordinated players. We've had a great influx of newbs on the Imp side of BC.

Regardless there is still the macroers and hackers out there, and some are smart enough to only do a 10% or so speed hack, only macro for huttball grabs, etc.

But even in one example of a huttball grab last night, the guy was just really well practiced and fast when I reviewed my fraps, but it certainly looked bad while playing.

I just get the feeling that its small enough of a problem, or hard enough to detect BW hasn't taken it very seriously. Sure, its annoying. But it's only really bothersome when you face the same person/group over and over. There is always another warzone, playing an alt, or coming back to PvP later on.

Although its a newb fest right now, I'm actually kinda happy most of the most notorious of BC's sploiters transferred. Sucks for the imps tho, as a lot of them were on our side and helped us with wins :\

ShatteredVision
06.28.2013 , 03:46 PM | #30
Hacking happens...about 5% of the time it's accused. The other 95% are people who don't have a clue what they're talking about. I've seen exactly 1 hack in the last month or so, despite constant pvp on multiple toons. Should something be done? Yes, definitely. Hacking is ridiculous. Anyone willing to do so, is clearly terrible to begin with, and should be punished for cheating. The problem is, something else needs to be done about people who don't know crap about other classes. Yelling haxz0rs bc you got your butt whooped or failed to understand a class mechanic, is the reality of the vast majority of supposed hacking cases.
I'll rain
Blood
Down

On this city