Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

sanchito's Avatar


sanchito
06.28.2013 , 03:30 AM | #11
If you have a video of somebody hacking, post it on the forums and ask innocently what ability the respective player is using there. No tos violation, but it's still exposed.

(And, in 9 out of 10 cases, you'll learn that there is indeed an ability that does just that, so you'll be glad you didn't accuse an innocent of cheating)

feuer's Avatar


feuer
06.28.2013 , 04:24 AM | #12
many german guilds consider/ed to join tofn due to competition. have fun with them, they are truly nice, brave and love fairplay
tickets wont change anything, bw relies on hackers claiming to have witnessed hackers being banned after they reported them. evidence will be deleted on this forum, how often has evidence been deleted already ? more than 10 times for sure.
on my server theres also a well known guild, everybody knows it, its obvious. yet they never had any trouble. i recorded that guild and put it on yt, didnt tell anybody about it. next day they laughed at me about it, they knew it because bw gets a message from yt after an upload and told them i guess ! i repeat my vids had like 10 views because i told nobody, i wanted to show how people who talk like this :
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
I'm on the same server and very rarely have I seen anything that could be considered a hack. There have been a few questionable instances where it could have been, but since I only saw them occur once, maybe twice..
and this :
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
I am on Jedi Covenant and i do not see hacking going on like you say. What i do see is player not knowing what abilities other classes have and going there hacking not all ways the case. I not saying there is not hacking going on just saying there is a lot of cry wolf when you do not know the class who just killed you,
behave ingame. i also wanted to see how much interest there is for such vids. a little comparison: my vids showing hacks have about 50 views each. another vid that explains how to hack has thousands of views !
i▀iζζiζζiζζiζζii7▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀)

Rantank's Avatar


Rantank
06.28.2013 , 04:34 AM | #13
I've been in a hypergate twice where someone claimed the node they were defending was capped by someone who never came out of stealth. But, on both occasions, as I came back into the game after a rez and was running down the ramps, I could see the capper. So either its a usual lie to cover a lack of watching the node, or else there's a graphic problem where people are sometimes invisible. I wouldn't assume its a hack given there are two more likely possibilities. I'm not aware of having seen any hacks, but of course, it's possible I have, I just haven't recognised it for what it was.... but I've seen vids of the speed hack and I'm pretty sure I've never actually come up against it.
Defeating a standing army goes for time and a half.

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
06.28.2013 , 04:58 AM | #14
Nothing to see, jugg intercede to stealth class /thread

SpoeMeister's Avatar


SpoeMeister
06.28.2013 , 05:10 AM | #15
I too play on TOFN. I have yet to see a hack occur.
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

chimex's Avatar


chimex
06.28.2013 , 06:17 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
I too play on TOFN. I have yet to see a hack occur.
I've seen hacks (or, what appears to be hacks) on TOFN and prod. However, they (to me) are not nearly as rampant as people like to claim on here. I've probably seen around 10 or so (in my eyes at least, after research) "confirmed" hacks.

People complain so much about bolster, but they bolster their own stories to fan the flames
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

DataFoxIre's Avatar


DataFoxIre
06.28.2013 , 06:31 AM | #17
I PVP alot on TOFN and I have not seen alot of hacking going on. I have however seen alot of Macro Abuse.
As I alway target healers, I end up going One vs One with Sorcerer's. Countless times I have watched them fire of a macro resulting in a full burst of healing done in seconds.
The Silence

"Your Skill is not Important, It's your Passion that counts"

TUXs's Avatar


TUXs
06.28.2013 , 08:19 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sanchito View Post
If you have a video of somebody hacking, post it on the forums and ask innocently what ability the respective player is using there. No tos violation, but it's still exposed.

(And, in 9 out of 10 cases, you'll learn that there is indeed an ability that does just that, so you'll be glad you didn't accuse an innocent of cheating)
This! ^^

If it's a hack, we'll all see it and Bioware will be able to actually reproduce it and do something (see voidstar video of player jumping through force field). If it's not, which, tbh, it very likely may not be, we'll try to explain to you what skills the player was using.

Chances are it wasn't a hack - but hackers most certainly DO exist.
All warfare is based on deception. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected. If his forces are united, separate them. If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near. A leader leads by example not by force.

Viperight's Avatar


Viperight
06.28.2013 , 08:42 AM | #19
I have a toon in almost every class. I know their abilities. When you've got a Sorcerer stealthing, or a sniper healing, or even when you've got 3 members of your ops group pounding the hell out of 1 member of the other team, and he's skipping around you like he's flying ( feet not even touching the ground), and when you've got someone capping your turret or Pylon without coming out of stealth. That's hacking. It's people like that that shouldn't be playing. I'm not saying I'm the best pvper, but I do know the strengths and weaknesses of every type of class. Healers that reduce my hp by half with 1 shot? not possible My hp are generally near or over 30k in pvp, and I'm wearing the best gear possible at the lvl I'm at.

Skylancewalker's Avatar


Skylancewalker
06.28.2013 , 08:49 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Neoforcer View Post
seen a few from a guild that shall rename nameless that left the server for pot5 that would wing clip through a wall so you could not hit them. Also the knock backward trick with this same guild you go to knock them into the pit in front of you they would not go froward with the knock back they would go behind the person or to the side every time. The person would teleport behind or to the side of you every time. So you can never direct the knock back were you wanted them to go.
That just sounds like a lag issue for you and him. People need to know what the difference between a hack and what Bioware has given us with this ****** engine of theirs.