Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
[Rant] Anti-hack enforcing

IGotRawr
06.27.2013 , 08:18 PM | #1
So I dunno if ya'll been aware of this but lv 55 WZ playing field on ToFN is a complete joke, there's like at least 1 hacker in 1 out of 3 regular WZs, not even gonna mention ranked WZs, with SORCERERS!(Caps'ed for emphasis) going stealth and reappearing with full health.

So I understand Bioware has threatened a friend of mine of banning him because he had video evidence of hackers from a top pvp guild on ToFN and BW threatened to ban him because apparently you're not allowed to name hackers publicly.

They refuse to ban them because then their friends quit as well, and their subscription money is cut. Though consider this Bioware, if you give the PvP side of this game some love, you'll lure PvPers to this game. People like me, who only play MMOs for the pvp side of it, people willing to spend money to play a good PvP game. PvP is competitive, I love a good match as much as the next guy, but right now there's just too much hacking BS around to even go ranked.

People enjoy PvP for the competitiveness it presents, I'd like saying I'm a member of the best pvp team on my server, bragging rights FTW! And to enjoy that we need at least some level of moderation by the staff responsible for it. We need ingame support, the traditional GM presence other MMOs have. We need hackers to be exposed and punished accordingly, we need PvP to be a fair and entertaining experience.
Now Bioware will you continue to lose money on tons of potential subscribers because you refuse to lay down the law against ingame hacks?
Any other servers experiencing the same problems?
"Treat the wound, don't poke at it like an impatient Jawa!"

Viperight
06.27.2013 , 09:11 PM | #2
I agree completely. The hacking in the pvp (both below 55, and 55 regular and ranked pvp) is ridiculous. I repeatedly reported hackers to Bioware, but I still see the same people in the warzones using the same hacks. It's getting to the point where I'm really starting to hate pvp. My guildmates and I are always doing pvp. I'm on the Jedi Covenant Server, and there is very seldom a warzone that doesn't have at least 1 or 2 people hacking. The Bioware people neeed to getting their collective heads out of eachother's asses and do their F*U*C*K*I*N*G jobs. It's what they're payed for.

thejohnnyrocket
06.27.2013 , 09:26 PM | #3
I was in lowbie pvp doing ancient hypergate and a stealth repeatedly capped our pylon in stealth.luckly he was an idiot and did it way too early and we won but still really? Talk about horse s***! Something has got to give.

IGotRawr
06.27.2013 , 09:45 PM | #4
I will probably create a petition on iPetitions to at least get their attention, nothing seems to get their attention these days though. BW completely neglected PvP, all they gave us in a year's time was another warzone, arguably the worst one in my opinion. Now they're set to release arenas in 2.4, but unless they start doing something about all the hacking going on in the game right now, that will just be a waste of time and effort.
"Treat the wound, don't poke at it like an impatient Jawa!"

kweassa
06.27.2013 , 09:55 PM | #5
I shudder to imagine what would happen if people like these ever become prosecutors or judges.

Who needs evidence? Conjecture = guilty!
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

DariusCalera
06.27.2013 , 10:09 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Viperight View Post
I agree completely. The hacking in the pvp (both below 55, and 55 regular and ranked pvp) is ridiculous. I repeatedly reported hackers to Bioware, but I still see the same people in the warzones using the same hacks. It's getting to the point where I'm really starting to hate pvp. My guildmates and I are always doing pvp. I'm on the Jedi Covenant Server, and there is very seldom a warzone that doesn't have at least 1 or 2 people hacking. The Bioware people neeed to getting their collective heads out of eachother's asses and do their F*U*C*K*I*N*G jobs. It's what they're payed for.
I'm on the same server and very rarely have I seen anything that could be considered a hack. There have been a few questionable instances where it could have been, but since I only saw them occur once, maybe twice in over a year of playing I will give the other player the benefit of the doubt and go with lag or an unintentional glitch.

What I have seen more of, and this is not directed at you, is poorly played toons with the players not understanding what is actually going on.

I was called a hacker once because I shot off two instant cast Grav Rounds by a marauder on the other team. I guess he did not realize that I can do that by using Tech Override.

I'm not saying that hacking doesn't exist, just that I don't think it is as rampant as people think.

kweassa
06.27.2013 , 10:21 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post
I'm on the same server and very rarely have I seen anything that could be considered a hack. There have been a few questionable instances where it could have been, but since I only saw them occur once, maybe twice in over a year of playing I will give the other player the benefit of the doubt and go with lag or an unintentional glitch.

What I have seen more of, and this is not directed at you, is poorly played toons with the players not understanding what is actually going on.

I was called a hacker once because I shot off two instant cast Grav Rounds by a marauder on the other team. I guess he did not realize that I can do that by using Tech Override.

I'm not saying that hacking doesn't exist, just that I don't think it is as rampant as people think.
In the world of Old-school PvP, being called a hacker is like the best compliment anyone could get!
"90% of PvP complaints come from people that are thoroughly unqualified to comment about anything in the first place. Stop assuming that you are a good player, then an answer will come; why you die so often, why you are CCd so often, and why you complain about healers so often - You're simply a bad player. Harsh truth."

Neoforcer
06.28.2013 , 12:57 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Viperight View Post
I am on Jedi Covenant and i do not see hacking going on like you say. What i do see is player not knowing what abilities other classes have and going there hacking not all ways the case. I not saying there is not hacking going on just saying there is a lot of cry wolf when you do not know the class who just killed you,

chimex
06.28.2013 , 01:02 AM | #9
I must admit, recently I have seen an awful lot of "skipping" in WZ's. You know, like players juttering on the spot, then finding them 10m away in a blink. It's something that happened quite a bit a couple of weeks back.

Now usually, I would think something MIGHT be fishy, after all, this skipping is very similar to vids on youtube. Then, something strange happened. It happened to me, too. Out of the blue <poof> I jutted and found myself a few meters away from where I was originally. I think BW have done something bad to the hamster wheel.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Neoforcer
06.28.2013 , 01:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by DariusCalera View Post

seen a few from a guild that shall rename nameless that left the server for pot5 that would wing clip through a wall so you could not hit them. Also the knock backward trick with this same guild you go to knock them into the pit in front of you they would not go froward with the knock back they would go behind the person or to the side every time. The person would teleport behind or to the side of you every time. So you can never direct the knock back were you wanted them to go.