Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companions 101: Corso Riggs

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ellyria
06.28.2013 , 09:34 AM | #41
I don't hate or love Corso, but he is definitely not my favorite companion.

My favorite moment is...

Spoiler

ARGH, come on Corso, just because women are curvier than men does NOT mean that we're all delicate flowers that need to be protected. It seems more like controlling than chivalry at times with him, especially if you're not in a relationship and he acts like a jealous boyfriend. At least if you're dating him he has a reason to be upset!

It's even worse when you play a male if you think about it, because he hates the FemSmuggler being hit on by men constantly yet he will give happy points to DudeSmugglers who do the exact same thing! Wow, talk about double standards.

All of that aside, if you have a female smuggler who loves him, doesn't flirt and has the same mindset as him, he's very sweet and seems like an ideal mate. It's a shame that can be ruined because of the green eyed monster.
The Ebon Hawk ~ The Highwind Legacy The Shadowlands ~ The Highwind Legacy
Irritated Statement: Master, if you insist on echoing everything I say, this already tedious conversation is in danger of becoming even longer.

Podge
06.28.2013 , 09:42 AM | #42
When he aggro's random mobs and dies for being a blithering idiot while I stealth away.
UNRELENTING
Republic: Gavriel / Naomi / Clarisse / Naomie / Wily-Coyote / Zerri

Imperial: Loamie / Gaviral / Paran / Mandria / Noami / Naomisse

LamiaKan
06.28.2013 , 10:18 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorBatlyMD View Post
This x 1,000.

I'd LOVE more background on him,
Spoiler
Yes! Quinn please. He's my favorite, great if we get to know more about him

discbox
06.28.2013 , 10:38 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
Corso is tied with Kaliyo as worst companion in the game. I hate him so much.
How is this possible? Both are no Wookie!

Kaarina
06.28.2013 , 11:06 AM | #45
I would love to share my best moments if I could actually get in the game to play it
Does anyone even read these?

Maevalyn
06.28.2013 , 11:41 AM | #46
So that my good friend Alrik mentioned me before Yes I love Corso all the way. But I have to correct you Alrik
Only one of my Girls is married to Corso. The other ones have him at his sweetest convos
That would be the "Courting-Question", the "Bottle-Sharing" and of course the Wedding *siiigh*
That would be my favorite Moment.
And I love the voice acting. Especially when he gets jealous and that one sentence he sometimes says. "Anything you want, Captain." Still Music to my ears
His romance brought me back to write FanFiction again

Next? I vote for Andronikos (the only better voice in the game than Corso ) or Quinn. Yes I want answers too
Smuggler for Passion - and yes I love Corso Riggs !
T3 - Kimana,
VC - Laraxa, Ni'ota, Kimaya
The Progenitor - Shannen, Ki'mana

JattaGin
06.28.2013 , 12:17 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Raltar View Post
Corso is tied with Kaliyo as worst companion in the game. I hate him so much.
What what what? Corso is like the best friend you could have. Kind, polite, trustworthy. Always there for you. If he could heal, I wouldn't have to run along with weirdo Languss.

And Kaliyo... well she had a rough childhood, but deep inside she is a fragile girl who is glad to have you by her side (though she would never admit that). Give her a chance on Makeb. I guarantee you will have some good laughs on her comments.

CloudCastle
06.28.2013 , 12:26 PM | #48
I haven't played the smuggler class story in a long time, so I'm going on memory here, but one of my favorite Corso lines is when you meet Guss on Hoth and Corso says something like:

Spoiler

I never could tell if he was being serious or sarcastic, his delivery is so deadpan.

I love how I had this real "two-crazy-partners-just-barely-getting-out-of-trouble-by-the-seat-of-their-pants" feel whenever I ran with Corso. You can tell that he would follow you into a Sarlac pit with a "Yeehaw!" if you asked him to.

I romanced him and never felt like he was disrespecting my smuggler or implying that she was helpless. It must really depend on your conversation choices, because in mine I was even able to "remind" him how I could take care of myself once and he acted like he got it and understood.

LadyRoyalport
06.28.2013 , 12:32 PM | #49
From the gentleman in Texas, I thank you for this: "All that to say, chivalry isn't backwards, it is respect towards all, and especially towards loved ones or those held in high esteem, i.e. women.
They also think he is pushy and jealous, forgetting that since he lost his family, he is afraid of getting hurt again in the same way. Basic psychology."

I love the new companion bio on Corso. Indeed he is very much a gentleman who finds himself conflicted over what happened on Ord Mantell to his family, which leads me to believe he doesn't much care for the harsh feelings and "darkness" he has inside of him. I see him struggling to set things right in his own mind and life so that he can do what's right for everyone around him. He's refreshing, knowledgeable, and fun loving. You can't help but feel like his fun loving nature is a result of losing his family too young, that he's still searching for that balance between maturity and enjoying life. My lady smuggler is grown very attached to him, he's her primary back up, and like him she doesn't trust Risha as far as she can see her. Bowdaar is a faithful and appreciative companion, while Spaar is just scary. I haven't acquired the last companion yet so can't give an opinion on him.

I'm rolling the romance arc with Corso, and so far I've had to smile within myself at the way Corso tries to be so very proper where it's not a generally accepted practice. Both characters are changing as the story goes on from what I can see. If it weren't for the fact I'm not liking chapter 2 of the Smuggler story line, maybe I could have progressed things further than I am now. However with the new info on Corso, I'm feeling motivated to bring out my lv 36 and try again.

No votes for future companions right now--You've already done my favorite two. Aric Jorgan is still my favorite and probably always will be. Thanks for bringing new light and understanding to Corso ... now if you'll excuse me I have a Wookie race to referee!

Tolkad
06.28.2013 , 12:48 PM | #50
It's tough to choose a favorite time with Corso, there are so many. But, likely they were any time my character got to be rude or downright mean to Corso, also when got my next companion and didn't have to have Corso shouting "Fight me fair!" anymore. These are also tied to whenever Corso 'lost' his harpoon gun and stopped whipping people behind my cover.
It's only a dream moment, but my favorite dream moment with Corso is when I shot him out the airlock on my ship.
Ahh . . . good times