Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Alternate weapons unlock.

hadoken
07.30.2013 , 07:36 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by Seireeni View Post
And I'm not mentioning things that would look pretty funny (i.e. sorc having 2 lightsabers while using neither one, someone casting mortal valley from a blaster pistol). So, yeah, it feels like a lot of work to me. But maybe I'm just picky, since I wouldn't like to i.e. have assassin animations on my mara who wears a double-bladed saber. Assassins do a lot of spinning and kicking while mara doesn't and my mara just wouldn't feel like mara anymore if she started doing that. Not only the weapon, but the whole fighting style would change.
The whole idea behind this suggestion is just more customization options for players. They've already greatly relaxed the restrictions they had at launch with regards to armor. I understand that's not nearly the same amount of work as weapons, but I feel like the animations are pretty much already in the game somewhere (player, companion or npc) to pull from.

Whether or not you'd personally use all the options available shouldn't preclude you from supporting the idea. I cannot understand why anyone would be against more options for players (not saying you are, just your tone), given what's already been changed class look/feel wise.

wishihadaname
07.30.2013 , 08:02 PM | #43
/signed

Would love to see this, as a commando I only use a rifle even though I play gunnery spec, thats how much I hate the cannon. I love absolutely everything else about the class, even rerolled my vanguard back when pyrotech was still godly just because I wanted to be a commando, was so dissapointed when I got forced to use those ugly bulky cannons.

As far as PVP goes, it is NOT hard to tell whats what. Example: sorcs can buy heavy looking armor from the store to look like a Juggernaut but as soon as they use a single attack it becomes obvious they are a sorc. Same goes for gunslingers and mercenaries. As soon as the class starts to attack or heal you can tell what it is. Not to mention there are those class symbols over everyone's heads...
-Dimitri Dolohov, lvl 55 Lethality OP. Toxic personality (Retired until viable again)
-Sgt. Amit Dolohov, lvl 55 Gunny Mando,. Rifle wielding hipster.
I'de rather lose a real fight than win via premade.

Tweaked
08.18.2013 , 12:53 PM | #44
Any other thoughts on this?
So far i think we can agree that recycling animations is acceptable.

Sacrificing the "OMG, my class is unique!" feeling by having certain classes tied to certain weapons is a minor issue.

The only significant complaint I've heard so far is about PVP, but i think having the class icons enabled nullifies any confusion.

i miss anything?

Spatology
08.18.2013 , 12:57 PM | #45
This isn't SWG.

Stop living in the past.

Tweaked
08.18.2013 , 10:07 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Spatology View Post
This isn't SWG.

Stop living in the past.
In SWG i played a Commando pre-cu, know what weapon i used? a flamethrower.
After CU? a Commando with a lava cannon, which was the exact same as a flamethrower with different effects.
after the NGE? i didn't play SWG... who did? (HINT: Not this guy!)

I don't want SWG... in SWG i had no options.
I want options.

In my mind, some of the best changes to this game are when they added more options.
I'm an armormech on my main, and the cartel market destroyed my ability to make credits selling armor.
all the cool stuff is on the Cartel market.

BUT, i like the adaptive armor on the cartel so much that i don't care that i lost my primary source of income.

I really like the ability to NOT look like everyone else.

And that's what i want... not SWG, but the ability to be a beautiful unique snowflake.
Not some cookie cutter storm trooper clone.

GalaxyStrong
08.19.2013 , 11:45 PM | #47
I would pay for that option.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN