Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

Anishor
06.27.2013 , 07:26 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Zackmack View Post
How can a "Deception Assassin/Infiltration Shadow"
beat a healer 1v1?
Burst and Control.
Nightlife, Ebon Hawk Server

Sranishor, Warden
( Jugg/Guard ) ( Mara/Sent )
"For the best party you've ever had.."

Capt_Beers
06.27.2013 , 07:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Zackmack View Post
How can a "Deception Assassin/Infiltration Shadow"
beat a healer 1v1?
- Several ways to interrupt. Mind Snap on a short CD and longer range than normal melee, Leg Slash, Stun, Force Wave, Vanish > Spinning Kick.

- Burst from out of stealth.

- 6 sec CD on my slow. Sorry Operatives you're not going anywhere.

- Speed to combat kiting.

- High Force regen coming out of stealth and from Blackout.
<HVND> <MALEVOLENT>
Keef-Stone 60 Serenity | | Keets-Stone 60 Seer | | Keith-Stone 60 Combat Medic | | Keeth-Stone 60 Vigilance
Keet-Stone 55 Focus | | CaptBeers 60 Arsenal | | Kee'th 60 Pyrotech | | FOTM-Reroll 55 Tactics

DimeStax
06.27.2013 , 07:49 AM | #23
Here are some videos of the last serverwide 1v1 Tournament on the Bastion. These videos are from January of this year but the strategies are still the same.

The Final Fight Best of 7 - Justboddies (Operative) vs Wakkalord (Assassin)
- http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1832776

Here is some other footage from the tournament:
Justboddies (Operative) vs Kakarrot (Sentinel) - http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1832770
Justboddies (Operative) vs Darkscythe (Assassin) - http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies/c/1818878
Sakz <Good Talk> 55 Guardian - The Bastion
Dimes <Good Talk> 55 Gunslinger - The Bastion
Six-t'nine<Synergy> 55 Commando - The Bastion
Nickels <Synergy> 36 Scoundrel - The Bastion

Skylancewalker
06.27.2013 , 07:53 AM | #24
Operative/Scoundrel Healer will take the cake every time 1v1...if we are talking about duels.

DimeStax
06.27.2013 , 08:01 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylancewalker View Post
Operative/Scoundrel Healer will take the cake every time 1v1...if we are talking about duels.
An Assassin won our Servers 1v1 Tourney.

AdmiralParmesan
06.27.2013 , 08:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
Under what scenario ?
The force shroud is useful for that scenario because that three seconds of immunity gives you time to wait for the enemies resolve to drop while you act in impunity. Also force shroud's DOT removal is a huge counter to DOT based classes who's damage might never come to fruition because of shroud.

Honestly if you can't see why Assassin/Shadow is OP 1v1 then you probably don't understand the class's abilities can optimally be used. Only Concealment OP can hold a candle infiltration/deception.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Battery
06.27.2013 , 08:51 AM | #27
Deception sin 100%. The burst and control that they have is way too much for a healing OP, assuming they are both of the same caliber. The video above proves it, even though the sin is playing a hybrid Deception/Madness spec.
The Bation Server: Kerwed: Assassin- 55, Bandatta: Operative- 55,
Viscune: Juggernaut- 55, Miamor: Mercenary- 55,
Voram'na: sniper- 55, Necrofiend: Powertech- 55
Shie'lan: Sentinel- 55, Dontmarkmebro: Sage- 55

znihilist
06.27.2013 , 09:33 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
The force shroud is useful for that scenario because that three seconds of immunity gives you time to wait for the enemies resolve to drop while you act in impunity. Also force shroud's DOT removal is a huge counter to DOT based classes who's damage might never come to fruition because of shroud.

Honestly if you can't see why Assassin/Shadow is OP 1v1 then you probably don't understand the class's abilities can optimally be used. Only Concealment OP can hold a candle infiltration/deception.
You are forgetting that while shroud does remove the dots, the moment you trigger it I can reapply my dots from melee attacks. The dots will start ticking right away but you will resist the first tick (or two depending on how fast I was in reapplying), what are you going to do after that ? If you were 1 second slow in using vanish, I just ruined your whole strategy and forced you in combat.
Beside any marauder worth his salt will use force camouflage the moment you vanish as well and go behind a corner (or something similar).
Edit: I am no saying an annihilation marauder is going to wreck face against a deception Sin. All I am saying we can negate some of those strategies that you can employ. The intelligence handling the marauder is not an npc, he is a human who can understand how the other class is behaving.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually

DimeStax
06.27.2013 , 09:44 AM | #29
It's all theorycrafting until you test it. Go duel the best Assassins, Ops, and Marauders on your sever and find out for yourself. If you can't do that soon then watch streams of some of the best players on your server. I've offered some from mine but so far everyone insists on continuing to theorycraft.

TheronFett
06.27.2013 , 10:02 AM | #30
You're always going to have people who step in with theorycrafting and people who share video "proof". Maybe the best Assassin from Server A would have his *** handed to him by the best Marauder from Server B. None of that really matters in a discussion like this.

It's nearly universally accepted that Assassin/Shadow make the best solo node guards in the game. They have been since launch, and for good reason: this class is designed for 1v1 encounters, and a high probability of survival in 2v1 scenarios.

The only other option that even came close was Annihilation Marauder/Watchman Sentinel. They were consistently good at attacking node guards due to high DoT damage and self-heals. Since 2.0, not so much. One could argue a case for just about any class, and it ultimately depends on the player. But considering the entire span of this game's history, without a doubt, the best soloist is the Assassin/Shadow.