Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

BambulaGTS
06.27.2013 , 04:32 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
any one that starts a 1 vs 1 duel with mind sap deserves to get his lightstick activated in his butt.
He is talking about combat stealth > sap > out of combat heal.

Atramar
06.27.2013 , 04:42 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by BambulaGTS View Post
He is talking about combat stealth > sap > out of combat heal.
any one actually does that? I mean, I never consider 1 vs 1 that can take ages, always have in mind WZ 1 vs 1 kill asap>cap before help arrives.
resolve from spike, stun and low slash will be white, leaving spike out of it, sapping would be filling resolve for free, even if we consider 6 seconds for self heal (more like 4 sec , stealth>sap>unstealth>self heal>stealth)

would be good for undying rage, but in that scenario would leave shroud to cleanse dots right before vanish.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Nairolfus
06.27.2013 , 04:57 AM | #13
Commando / Merci is the best 1v1 class of course !
"Kom'rk tsad droten troch nyn ures adenn"
Nairo Zatt -Huntmaster-

SpoeMeister
06.27.2013 , 05:52 AM | #14
Based on all the Operative healing QQ, how come nobody states here that an Operative Healer is the best 1v1. They can keep themselves alive indefinitenly, spam Corrosive Dart, Explosive Probe and shiv in between to wither them down. When the excrements hit the fan, he can stealth out, SAP and OOC heal up themselves...

It would take forever, but they would win any 1v1 :-)
Everything will be OK in the end. If it's not OK, it's not yet the end.

Spivak Legacy (ToFN)
SpoeMeister Orrusos Do'chan Nadobo

DharmaPolice
06.27.2013 , 06:07 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SpoeMeister View Post
Based on all the Operative healing QQ, how come nobody states here that an Operative Healer is the best 1v1.
This is actually a reasonable point - although Operatives aren't strictly melee. I'm not a good player, certainly not in 1 vs. 1 but I've noticed recently that it's very hard for other players to kill my Sawbones 1 vs 1 - no matter how good they are. If you're not well geared then they can do enough damage to you while you're stunned but no one has the burst to do that if you have 30k HP and have 2 slow release medpacs ticking (plus Kolto Cloud in most cases). So you have to make a mistake (or more likely two or three mistakes) to get killed, even if fighting someone who hits damn hard.

Having said that, there's no way I could kill a decent Sorc Healer (or Merc for that matter). We would both just die of old age before either one fell in combat.
Derimeth / Splendora / Rosaluxemburg - The Red Eclipse

TyboJames
06.27.2013 , 06:12 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
The only reason an assassin should lose 1v1 is if its against another assassin/shadow.
Completely agree. I am currently defensive guardian, although, I think the majority of Sins running around in regs are baddies.I normally can 80-90% of the time fend off nodes against random Sins. Last night I was 1v1 crushing this guy in Novare Coast over and over.
-= Jedi Covanent =-
Rhayth Khaal - Guardian
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Atramar
06.27.2013 , 06:20 AM | #17
In the contrary, I would offer Jugg tank/veng hybrid, but it died with 2.0.
I rarely ever lost 1 vs 1 while defending a turret. each 9 sec sonic barrier, accuracy reductions, def chance was high, people would just miss their attacks. Now full def can hold turret for a ridiculus amount of time ofcourse not killing any one any time soon (if they would be forced not to run but to keep fighting, I guess it could kill eventually), but that's not their role.... some people think accuracy is a waste...

if they would add maras root to revage, vengence jugg would be a monster... literally.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

TyboJames
06.27.2013 , 06:33 AM | #18
smash, Smash, SMASH!

Monkeys.
-= Jedi Covanent =-
Rhayth Khaal - Guardian
"Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?"

Princz
06.27.2013 , 06:34 AM | #19
a good player
Princz - Sage healer of the Republic