Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Best 1v1 Dueler class in 1v1 ("Melee only")

Zackmack's Avatar


Zackmack
06.27.2013 , 02:38 AM | #1
Whats the Best 1v1 dueler class "melee only" PvP

was thinking Marauder 1v1?

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
06.27.2013 , 02:55 AM | #2
Deception Assassin/Infiltration Shadow

Marauder is too easy to counter IMHO.

Zackmack's Avatar


Zackmack
06.27.2013 , 02:58 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
Deception Assassin/Infiltration Shadow

Marauder is too easy to counter IMHO.
What makes "Deception Assassin" good in 1v1?

TheronFett's Avatar


TheronFett
06.27.2013 , 03:10 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zackmack View Post
What makes "Deception Assassin" good in 1v1?
1) Stealth (alpha strike)
2) Control (multiple stuns, snares, force speed)
3) Burst
4) Decent defensive CD's

AdmiralParmesan's Avatar


AdmiralParmesan
06.27.2013 , 03:24 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zackmack View Post
What makes "Deception Assassin" good in 1v1?
Does someone really need to explain this?

Well whatever here it goes anyway. You have a burst damage spec that will always get the first attack unless it is against another stealth class. In addition to this specs excellent burst damage it also a cooldown (force shroud) that makes it immune to all tech/force abilities. Notice that all CC aside from legshot (a sniper "physical" root) counts as tech/force. Thus this makes assassin/shadow almost invulnerable to counter attack since no CC will work, it is immune to tech/force damage and all previous DOTs you may have placed are removed. The spec also has relatively high mobility thanks to force speed's low cooldown.

To top it off even if the shadow/assassin is outplayed they can drop combat through the in-combat stealth cooldown. When you drop combat thanks to stealthing you gain access to Mind trap again (don't know the shadow version's name) which is an out of combat mez. After the shadow/assassin uses the mind trap they can heal up using their out of combat healing ability, effectively resetting the fight in the shadow/assassin's favor.


The only reason an assassin should lose 1v1 is if its against another assassin/shadow.
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
06.27.2013 , 03:38 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
Does someone really need to explain this?

Well whatever here it goes anyway. You have a burst damage spec that will always get the first attack unless it is against another stealth class. In addition to this specs excellent burst damage it also a cooldown (force shroud) that makes it immune to all tech/force abilities. Notice that all CC aside from legshot (a sniper "physical" root) counts as tech/force. Thus this makes assassin/shadow almost invulnerable to counter attack since no CC will work, it is immune to tech/force damage and all previous DOTs you may have placed are removed. The spec also has relatively high mobility thanks to force speed's low cooldown.

To top it off even if the shadow/assassin is outplayed they can drop combat through the in-combat stealth cooldown. When you drop combat thanks to stealthing you gain access to Mind trap again (don't know the shadow version's name) which is an out of combat mez. After the shadow/assassin uses the mind trap they can heal up using their out of combat healing ability, effectively resetting the fight in the shadow/assassin's favor.


The only reason an assassin should lose 1v1 is if its against another assassin/shadow.
I know the assassins are (very!) good, but you are exaggerating your point by a mile.
For one force shroud is a 3 seconds immunity ever 60 seconds, you can't pop that stuff every 5 seconds.
As for the stealth during combat, my annihilation marauder can make sure you can't use that at all (unless you decide to use shroud before to be able to stealth out, then I know I will win the fight).

The fact as, as much deception assassins are good, they don't fare that well against dot specs (I am not saying they are completely horrible in these situations).

edit: Beside, burst is irrelevant in 1v1.
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually
__________________________________________________
This is what a tentative roadmap should look like.

NogueiraA's Avatar


NogueiraA
06.27.2013 , 04:04 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by znihilist View Post
I know the assassins are (very!) good, but you are exaggerating your point by a mile.
For one force shroud is a 3 seconds immunity ever 60 seconds, you can't pop that stuff every 5 seconds.
As for the stealth during combat, my annihilation marauder can make sure you can't use that at all (unless you decide to use shroud before to be able to stealth out, then I know I will win the fight).

The fact as, as much deception assassins are good, they don't fare that well against dot specs (I am not saying they are completely horrible in these situations).

edit: Beside, burst is irrelevant in 1v1.
The question is, you really just need 3sec because it's time enough to stun AGAIN your target.

znihilist's Avatar


znihilist
06.27.2013 , 04:09 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
The question is, you really just need 3sec because it's time enough to stun AGAIN your target.
Under what scenario ?
SWTOR: KotFE, Rise of the Ehh I guess I'll get used to it eventually
__________________________________________________
This is what a tentative roadmap should look like.

Leafy_Bug's Avatar


Leafy_Bug
06.27.2013 , 04:12 AM | #9
A good watchman can give a good shadow a run for his money. No stealth and sap ****, pure PVP . For those who don't know, you can dot the shadow during resilience because watchman dots are applied with WHITE DAMAGE. When resilience wears off, the dots start ticking ...

Atramar's Avatar


Atramar
06.27.2013 , 04:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Leafy_Bug View Post
A good watchman can give a good shadow a run for his money. No stealth and sap ****, pure PVP . For those who don't know, you can dot the shadow during resilience because watchman dots are applied with WHITE DAMAGE. When resilience wears off, the dots start ticking ...
any one that starts a 1 vs 1 duel with mind sap deserves to get his lightstick activated in his butt.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013