Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BiS Tanking relics for each class *confused*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
BiS Tanking relics for each class *confused*

alkhattabi
06.26.2013 , 09:22 PM | #1
so with all the topics about BiS relics for each tank most of them use the WH relics that provide 100+ stat what if i dont have the WH relics What is the BiS relics for:

Shadow:
Guardian:
Vanguard:

Kitru
06.26.2013 , 09:26 PM | #2
Shadow: Fortunate Redoubt and Emphemeral Healing
Guardian: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader
Vanguard: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Mc_Gregor
06.27.2013 , 04:54 AM | #3
edit: sorry, delete this post please >.<

Resipsal
06.27.2013 , 03:09 PM | #4
I believe that is true regardless of your access to WH relics, am I right Kitru?

dipstik
06.27.2013 , 04:12 PM | #5
elite war hero is better than on use shield/absorb for both jugg and PT. you could argue about tank swap and burst phase etc... but for the most part, the old pvp relics are better. the ewh relic is better than the ehaly relic if pre mitigation dps is 6.9k

this is all in http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=645948

Terro_Fett
06.30.2013 , 09:00 AM | #6
^^^ Pretty much this.

I use Underworld Relic of Fortunate Redoubt and Elite War Hero Relic of Imperiling Serenity. (Jugg Tank)

Sure I take a fairly big Endurance hit using the EWH over a second underworld, but the static 120 defence rating all the time is far more useful than a clicky effect.

Liwilliams
07.21.2013 , 02:05 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitru View Post
Right now I'm in the process of gearing up, and from what I was originally told, you want your defense ~20%. Mine is sitting around 23%. With that being said, would it be better to go with a relic like:
  • Shrouded Crusader - Increases Shield Rating and Absorb Rating by 265 for 30 seconds
  • Shield Amplification - Shielding an incoming attack grants 550 Absorb Rating for 6 seconds

Since absorb is so good for Shadows?

Thank you

Nevermind. Found the answer in another thread:
For your Shadow, you'll want to replace the abs proc relic with the def proc relic when you can can and, on the Juggernaut, swap out the Imperiling Serenity for Shrouded Crusader. Defense isn't as valuable for a Shadow as Absorb, but the passive Defense on it make it better, and the Shield/Abs use lasts 30 seconds compared to the 20 seconds on the Def use relic.

Insidion
07.23.2013 , 06:20 AM | #8
Don't worry about percentages, worry about rating. You want to refer to this, and dial in your stats according to the information therein to fully optimize your tank:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=616779+

Tater-Dave
08.20.2013 , 11:31 PM | #9
Guardian: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader
Vanguard: Fortunate Redoubt and Shrouded Crusader
for vanguard - do you still feel shrouded is best second relic now that they fixed the relics and they both can proc
Valldus - GM Stay Hard
Imps - Vahld, Val'ice, Vallana, Vesstra
Pubs- Valediction, Gunzz, Areyn, Zerrid

Kitru
08.21.2013 , 01:36 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Tater-Dave View Post
for vanguard - do you still feel shrouded is best second relic now that they fixed the relics and they both can proc
The BiS for all tanks now is double proc relic. The use relic was only there because you *couldn't* go with 2 proc relics. There are still some fights where it's better to have a use relic, specifically, those that have large amounts of tanks swapping with extended downtime (TWH and TfB are both excellent examples of this) but it's only marginally better than double proc relic for those situations while substantially worse in every other.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.