Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

WZ's starting with 7, ending with 7.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
WZ's starting with 7, ending with 7.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.05.2013 , 03:57 PM | #51 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Alright folks I have an update on this issue. There is definitely an issue occurring where some Warzones are popping with uneven teams (such as 7 vs 8). We have a fix that we are currently targeting for 2.2.2 which should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit. We are also going to continue to research the issue post 2.2.2

I will give you an update should this push out of 2.2.2, otherwise assume it will be in!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

ManiacDavis
07.05.2013 , 05:26 PM | #52
Thank you for the response Eric, much appreciated.
Man-iac - The Only Commando Left Standing
http://www.twitch.tv/rrmaniac

kloma
07.05.2013 , 05:37 PM | #53
we seem to be able to recreate the bug if we queue as a group, but one person lets the queue timeout (not reject) the wz has 7, never gets backfilled and even if the person who times the pop out requeues he doesnt get in.

SomeJagoff
07.05.2013 , 06:24 PM | #54
weird, noticed this on bastion almost every match, but not harbinger at all. So Harbinger gets bad lag and crashes, Bastion has broken pvp queues.

=/
Once you're in the hole, what's a few more feet?

Pistols
07.05.2013 , 06:26 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Alright folks I have an update on this issue. There is definitely an issue occurring where some Warzones are popping with uneven teams (such as 7 vs 8). We have a fix that we are currently targeting for 2.2.2 which should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit. We are also going to continue to research the issue post 2.2.2

I will give you an update should this push out of 2.2.2, otherwise assume it will be in!

-eric
So in short, there is no real "fix" coming for this on 2.2.2, despite the fact it literally is PvP game-breaking...

I wish I worked for TOR, where quality assurance meant nothing in regards to job security.

Not aimed at you Eric.

Pistols
07.05.2013 , 07:15 PM | #56
Just so you can pass it on to that "combat team", PvP hasn't been "working as intended" since 2.0 has went live.

Does that even bother them, like at all?

Givemedanger
07.05.2013 , 07:17 PM | #57
The bug is getting out of control. Happens way too often. What about joining an ending wz? I join only to see the scoreboard. Once i even joined AFTER the scoreboard! I could run around the map and get objectives medals for capping before getting removed from that wz.

xhii
07.06.2013 , 02:25 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by kloma View Post
we seem to be able to recreate the bug if we queue as a group, but one person lets the queue timeout (not reject) the wz has 7, never gets backfilled and even if the person who times the pop out requeues he doesnt get in.
We had the same with our 4man group yesterday, 1 person disconnected during pop countdown so we started as 7. We never got a backfill, BUT when one of the randoms on our team quit the warzone he got instantly replaced. But the spot left empty by our DC'ing friend? Empty forever.

...he never reconnect that evening. Eerie.
The Teatime Legacy
For delicious server gossip, visit The Progenitor, made of cookies and cat memes.
operative tua | sage chua | pt tea

Stncold
07.06.2013 , 03:23 AM | #59
It is utterly ridiculous how often this happens and how many games are decided by it.

It's at the point I consider the game a loss if we have only 7 because it almost never gives both teams 7 people. I've seen both teams have 7 maybe twice out of the I've lost count when mine or theirs only had 7.

I realize you guys are working on a skeleton crew and your EA slavemasters give you just enough of a budget to keep the game running while telling you to prioritize the CM above everything else, but I don't think this is something that should be that hard to completely fix.
Selthia-Guardian
Zarrec- Gunslinger Yorenec-Commando
POT5.
RIP The Fatman

DarthVengeant
07.06.2013 , 04:54 AM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
should do well in reducing the number of occurrences of this happening. Note that this will not 100% get rid of the issue but it should help quite a bit.
Seriously...you cant fix it properly? It seems you guys cant fix ANYTHING in PVP anymore. PVP has been broken forever. Yes, it is playable now, but only if you enjoy always losing due to crap like this. And in PVE you fix something but it breaks something else. How hard is it to make the game only que 8 vs 8? Is it rocket science?

One thing I have NEVER understood is why you don't just use the FP Que and expand it to PVP, that way you always have at least 2 healers and 2 tanks. You would have to click the class you are and your roll. It would make PVP MUCH more enjoyable, and fair.

Just going to say this...you guys at Bioware do NOT know how to design and fix your own game anymore. This is flat out proof of it. I honestly am about fed up. NO OTHER MMO has this amount of bugs and glitches.