Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

IDEA: Create Server For Highly Tuned Operations

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
IDEA: Create Server For Highly Tuned Operations

odawgg
06.28.2013 , 02:34 PM | #21
Yeah I think I stick by my idea of a supercharged/tuned up version as well...As much as I wish there were more DGs I just don't see it happening at least intentionally by BW anymore. And adding this extra mode would be very very easy/cheap to implement as to not "waste" subscribers money as some people have put it.

I still like the idea that you have to have at least one person in group that has completed "survived past last boss" achievement to unlock this mode and the mode should require at least close to BiS for the top guilds for that particular content. And of course there needs to be some incentive to do it like mounts/pets/titles/extra gear/etc.

Grimsblood
06.28.2013 , 04:48 PM | #22
I like the idea or rather the core values this thread is going after. However, I feel some have lost sight of what we have (at least supposed to).

Let's turn back the wheels a bit to EV/KP...NiM was supposed to be the challenge of challenges, guilds rushed to get to the end and down the content. When we got there, we were confronted with an increase in damage and health (I want to say 5 or 10% from HM levels). Many found this to be too easy and left the game. NiM EC comes out and we gain extra mechanics on top of the increases. Now, this is a tad more challenging. Around this time, it is made known that the NiM operations were meant for progression guilds or rather highly coordinated groups; not just your average guild that wants a step up from SM.

The moral here is that NiM is supposed to be our "highly tuned operation." Many will say it isn't that difficult, but I would like to point you in the direction of 8 Man NiM Dread Guards. Clearly it is one of the top 5 most difficult fights in the game...it got nerfed because some people complained about it being overturned. Personal feelings aside, this is what happens when the majority of your "hard core" raiders leave a game before difficult content is realeased. As a result, the fights get tuned to those that are not as skilled and/or dedicated.

TL;DR SWTOR does not have the player base of the more skilled raiders that play MMO's. As a result, there will never be a truly challenging operation.

More on what I think:

Spoiler
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger